NEurope
Daft

Tokyo Jungle

500x_tokyo_jungle.jpg

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced plans to release the best game ever made.

Titled Tokyo Jungle, it's been unveiled in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine (as read by Kotaku). The game is set in a post-apocalyptic Japan, where the human race is almost extinct and animals have reclaimed the planet.

That's right, "elephants, crocodiles, cheetahs, porcupines, chickens, ostriches" and many more are running wild and roaming the streets. The best bit is you can control them and MAKE THEM FIGHT EACH OTHER. Yes, it's Afrika meets Fallout 3.

Tokyo Jungle is being developed by the PlayStation C.A.M.P. team (that stands for Creator Audition Mash-up Project -it's a developer talent search program run by Sony and open to residents of Japan). There's no word on a release date yet.

Eurogamer will be awarding Tokyo Jungle 10/10.

Link

Sounds....awesome.

Bagsy Kamodo Dragon.

Sounds pretty cool if you're just sort of roaming the streets lik a human, but all the interaction involves animals. SICK.

Makes me think of this...

... only without Will Smith of course.

Edited by Retro_Link

OK... it's a side scroller... and not exactly what I had imagined...

*takes off the reasons to get a PS3 list*

Holy shit this looks awesome!

Now for what I actually mean:

What in mother's name were they thinking?

Eurogamer are cocks:

Afrika meets Fallout 3

A pinch misleading I'd say.

Mega bump! :heh:

Did anyone ever get this game? :hmm:

I downloaded it today, and am already absolutely hooked! :)

Fun fact: GTA V was the game that tipped me over the edge to buy a PS3, but this game was secretly on my radar ever since I saw a preview of it on NHK World back in early 2012. ;)

I remember thinking how awesome this looked back then, and it turns out that feeling wasn't wrong as the game is amazing! :D

It might look like 6th or even 5th generation game, but the rough visuals only add to its charm I reckon. And much more importantly it's just so much fun to play, not to mention ridiculously addictive. icon14.gif

Can't wait to unlock more animals and try to improve my survival duration/score.

It's brilliant when you get really far into a game and loads of huge and very dangerous animals start roaming the map, you know that one fuck up means game over and all the way back to the beginning... it's so damn tense, I love it! :hehe:

So yeah, anyone else play it? Judging by this thread it would appear not, but perhaps there was a second thread I missed. ::shrug:

I have played it. Good game. Got far into it, completed the story, but gave up on the lions I think in freeplay, or it was the tigers as the lions. Think I might have reached 80+ years once but I don't remember the animal.

I got it. Liked it. Only lasted a few hours because the game just didn't go anywhere or do anything different after a while. The soundtrack was absolutely terrible, though... complete misfit.

Edit: And the damn toxicity was annoying.

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

Mega bump! :heh:

Did anyone ever get this game? :hmm:

I downloaded it today, and am already absolutely hooked! :)

Fun fact: GTA V was the game that tipped me over the edge to buy a PS3, but this game was secretly on my radar ever since I saw a preview of it on NHK World back in early 2012. ;)

I remember thinking how awesome this looked back then, and it turns out that feeling wasn't wrong as the game is amazing! :D

It might look like 6th or even 5th generation game, but the rough visuals only add to its charm I reckon. And much more importantly it's just so much fun to play, not to mention ridiculously addictive. icon14.gif

Can't wait to unlock more animals and try to improve my survival duration/score.

It's brilliant when you get really far into a game and loads of huge and very dangerous animals start roaming the map, you know that one fuck up means game over and all the way back to the beginning... it's so damn tense, I love it! :hehe:

So yeah, anyone else play it? Judging by this thread it would appear not, but perhaps there was a second thread I missed. ::shrug:

I played it a lot it is a fantastic game. Made me fall in love with the rogue like genre...

I have played it. Good game.
I got it. Liked it.
I played it a lot it is a fantastic game.
That's a relief. The way this thread suddenly stopped in 2010 and everyone disappeared, was a bit too much like the story of Tokyo Jungle! :laughing:

Only lasted a few hours because the game just didn't go anywhere or do anything different after a while.
Yeah, I'm getting that vibe already. It's definitely a game catered to those that don't mind/enjoy replaying the same content and challenging themselves in order to get a higher score.

Luckily that's very much my cup of tea, so I shall be playing this for ages. :hehe:

And the damn toxicity was annoying.
It is indeed annoying. :grin: An essential game mechanic though in order to stop players from just gathering food and then waiting in tall grass for the years to easily pass by. ;)

Anyone hooked on this from recent ps+ offerings? I've generally always added the PS3 and vita games(not even got one) but hasn't been so common for me to actually fire a PS3 up - but I couldn't resist this. Think I first witnessed it in 2013 when my friend was playing it briefly - and it isn't quite what I thought it was - AND I'm not very good but I really was loving this last week.

Given my general shitness in surviving/completing all challenges have folks got any general tips? I'm trying to scope ahead on challenges and not do stuff that might unlock shortly or get to the geographic areas in time etc but sometimes I'm a bit shit or get ravaged by a lion or something.

EDIT: why they never ported this to ps4 I do wonder. Doesn't feel even all that terribly old and given the install base now I imagine it surely could have turned a profit?

I would definitively buy/play it again if it came to PS4.

Been too long since I played it last, so I'm afraid I can't help you.

I really enjoyed the game but the "story" mode bit was pretty shit towards the end. It just went full-retard and didn't make any sense. Plus, the final boss fight was just stupid and it jumped up with a huge difficulty spike that was simply not needed.

The core game is great, though. It was fun getting to play as the other animals and seeing how long you can stay alive for. The toxicity definitely pissed me off. :p

I managed to play it on PSNow and I enjoyed what I played of it. But, I've definitely had my fill and wouldn't double dip for it if it were on the PS4.