NEurope
Raining_again

What drives you insane?

My itch for change, I have today changed around the whole of my room, stuff in the kitchen and moved all the furniture in the living room.

Crazy lady on the loose.

Shops being shut on Sunday evenings. I have nothing (literally nothing) to eat and now that the shops are shut, I'm seriously considering trying to justify getting a Chinese Takeaway for one. FML.

Shops being shut on Sunday evenings. I have nothing (literally nothing) to eat and now that the shops are shut, I'm seriously considering trying to justify getting a Chinese Takeaway for one. FML.

Pah you need to find a tesco, they usually stay open quite late, even on sundays.

Just-eat.co.uk is awesome.

Pah you need to find a tesco, they usually stay open quite late, even on sundays.

Just-eat.co.uk is awesome.

I am sans le automobile, and the closest non-Garage one is halfway across the county.

That website, whilst handy for Uni, seems to think I live in Luton. I'm insulted.

Actually, it just occurred to me, even the uber-Tesco at Uni shuts at 4 on a Sunday.

Fuck you, Sunday trading laws. Yet another annoyance in my life I can easily (and for once, honestly) attribute to religion...

Edited by The fish

I am sans le automobile, and the closest non-Garage one is halfway across the county.

That website, whilst handy for Uni, seems to think I live in Luton. I'm insulted.

Oh dear, that's not good. ::shrug:

I think Sundays are just shit in general, places close early, you've got "old peoples tv" on the terrestrial channels (songs of praise, antiques roadshow etc) and there's just a really crap vibe because people have work the next day.

Unless there's a decent match on, the day is typically a complete waste.

I think Sundays are just shit in general, places close early, you've got "old peoples tv" on the terrestrial channels (songs of praise, antiques roadshow etc) and there's just a really crap vibe because people have work the next day.

Unless there's a decent match on, the day is typically a complete waste.

It's only a waste if you sit infront of the tv all day. My day has been pretty good! :bouncy:

Fuck you, Sunday trading laws. Yet another annoyance in my life I can easily (and for once, honestly) attribute to religion...

I think, at least in today's society, its more about giving retail workers a fucking break.

I think, at least in today's society, its more about giving retail workers a fucking break.

True, especially now it's illegal to give them the weekend off and employ part-time, weekend staff for the Saturday & Sunday. I guess they would, but there's literally no one left without a job.

True, especially now it's illegal to give them the weekend off and employ part-time, weekend staff for the Saturday & Sunday. I guess they would, but there's literally no one left without a job.

Management are people too.

Lesser people, mind, but people nonetheless!

Management are people too.

Lesser people, mind, but people nonetheless!

I can think of a half a dozen people I know who are deputy managers, all of whom would happily work weekends as acting manager for the money.

Regardless, I'm still hungry. :(

But they won't get the money, trust me, I was in that sitch.

I think it stems back to my hatred of the general public, particularly those who moan shops aren't open 24/7/365. Go live in New York!

I woke up after the shops shut...

Maybe you should list if you have anything at all and we can figure out something for you to eat?

I woke up after the shops shut...

So the guy who woke up AFTER 4pm is complaining retail shop workers are too lazy?

:heh:

Just go find some take-away? I'm sure there's something around that's cheap and yummy. Chinese, mmmm.

Or don't eat at all tonight, you won't die from it. =P

So the guy who woke up AFTER 4pm is complaining retail shop workers are too lazy?

:heh:

When did I say they were lazy?

Just go find some take-away? I'm sure there's something around that's cheap and yummy. Chinese, mmmm.

Or don't eat at all tonight, you won't die from it. =P

My local Chinese just shut down, and the others in town are all shut, or so their lack of answering their phones would suggest. There isn't anything else, not that's open, anyway.

I kind of read it between the lines of this:

My bad if I misinterpreted.

Use http://www.supercook.com/ add your ingredients in your house and bingo, no more starvey starve.

I like this website, but, sadly, I won't make use of it. I found some burgers at the back of the freezer, they're in the microwave defrosting at the moment. I've literally never looked forward to a microwaved item more in my life. :P

I kind of read it between the lines of this:

My bad if I misinterpreted.

Noooo... What I was suggesting is that maybe the weekday staff should have the weekend off, and have other weekend staff (ie students) for the weekend.

Your microwaving burgers, eughhhhhhh. Do you not have a grill?

They're posh Waitrose ones, they have to be defrosted first. I'll grill them once Mr. Microwave has thawed them out.

I hate it when people complain at you for waking up late. If I go to bed at 4am and wake up at 12pm. That doesn't make you lazy.