NEurope
Raining_again

What drives you insane?

People making nicknames out of real names.

For example, a fair few of my friends refer to me as Stephy. It's not right, it's irritating and makes me feel about 2. I've mentioned it before, but people are too set in their ways to stop it and I think the next friend that does will end up getting kicked.

It's the same with other people though, my friend likes being called victoria, her full name and yet people thing it's ok to call her all sorts of different variations - vics, vicki, vix, it's ridiculous. Just pay fucking attention, there are names for a reason.

Grr.

For example, a fair few of my friends refer to me as Stephy. It's not right, it's irritating and makes me feel about 2. I've mentioned it before, but people are too set in their ways to stop it and I think the next friend that does will end up getting kicked.

It's the same with other people though, my friend likes being called victoria, her full name and yet people thing it's ok to call her all sorts of different variations - vics, vicki, vix, it's ridiculous. Just pay fucking attention, there are names for a reason.

Grr.

If people are okay with having nicknames, isn't it all good?

Grr.

So, how do you feel about the name "Steph", then? :heh:

How is that any different to shortening Victoria to Vicky/Vicki? Its the same.

So, how do you feel about the name "Steph", then? :heh:

How is that any different to shortening Victoria to Vicky/Vicki? Its the same.

For me shortening Victoria is fine, but it's the principle of asking people not to shorten your name in a way that makes you cringe and people ignoring it.

:p

For me shortening Victoria is fine, but it's the principle of asking people not to shorten your name in a way that makes you cringe and people ignoring it.

:p

Yours is different, in my opinion. They're making a nickname out of a nickname/already shortened name. Its like people who make abbreviations of abbreviations.

So, just say to them, Steph is already short enough. Call me Stephy, or Starfy, or Sephy, and I'll keel you.

Yours is different, in my opinion. They're making a nickname out of a nickname/already shortened name. Its like people who make abbreviations of abbreviations.

So, just say to them, Steph is already short enough. Call me Stephy, or Starfy, or Sephy, and I'll keel you.

Haha, good plan.

I suppose it all comes down to listening to people, if you tell someone you don't like it, any decent person would stop - right?

Haha, good plan.

I suppose it all comes down to listening to people, if you tell someone you don't like it, any decent person would stop - right?

Of course. As long as you're serious when you tell them. If you say to them "ooooh, stop calling me that" whilst giggling, they'll just carry on. :heh:

Yeah, tell them you hate eet. "I fucking HATE it when you call me that. Hate it hate it I hate it I hate it I hate you when you do it I hate my mother for giving birth to me and then bringing me up for you to call me it I hate your guts!"

How about if I call you a nickname that's longer than your actual name, Stephalump?

If someone calls you a nickname you dislike you should just address them with entirely arbitrary titles every time they do it until they learn to stop. Works wonders.

How about if I call you a nickname that's longer than your actual name, Stephalump?

If someone calls you a nickname you dislike you should just address them with entirely arbitrary titles every time they do it until they learn to stop. Works wonders.

True, do you call me Stephy usually? I had no idea.

Stephalump sounds like a mean sly fat joke. :p

Stephalump is actually brilliant. It also sounds like Stephlahump, which also sounds good.

Stephapotamus. Stephasaurus Rex. Steph-to the left, Steph-to the right.

True, do you call me Stephy usually? I had no idea.

Stephalump sounds like a mean sly fat joke. :p

No, I don't call you Stephy on account of not being an 8-year-old girl. I only bastardise your screen name because it keeps my simple mind amused, wolf of the night.

Speaking of which, I find 'Stephalump' far funnier than is probably reasonable. I need to make an enemy of another Stephany — or, ideally, a Steffany — who actually is fat so that I can make proper use of it.

Hahah poor nightwolf!

That reminds me though, my name should be impossible to shorten/turn into a nickname since it's so short, yet this one man at work manages to do it... by calling me Iny/Inie. Grrrrr.

You shouldn't have laid down such a challenge, Ine Turner.

Hahahahahahhahaahahahahahhaahah.

I'm going to use that one. Hahahaha.

Ri-beee-ine.

I despise that twitter no longer works on my phone thanks to a security update on twitters side.

what. a. pain.

:(

Stephalump is actually brilliant. It also sounds like Stephlahump, which also sounds good.

Stephapotamus. Stephasaurus Rex. Steph-to the left, Steph-to the right.

Don't forget Steph Up 2: The Streets.

Snoring drives me mad.

I'd thank this twice if I could.

Don't forget Steph Up 2: The Streets.

:laughing:

I adore that one.

This sort of stuff kills me. I'm going to stop now before Stephalopadodapus kills us dead.

snorlax.jpg

Snoring drives me mad.

Look behind the second a in 'appears' - you can see camel toe's ugly cousin, moose knuckle. :(

From my experience today, shitty customer service - I was in the Apple Store in Leicester with a friend getting his iPhone replaced, and they kept us waiting after telling us to hang around for almost two hours. If either of us left the store, they'd put us to the back of the service queue. And it was lunch time and we hadn't eaten. I normally don't like Apple Store employees, but, my god, I was ready to punch someone.

Apple customer 'service' can bite my sack. The bastards actually tried to get me to pay £140 to replace a phone jack in my ipod.

a phone jack.

I think that's less the customer service and more the absolutely absurd repair costs. To fix my MacBook they said it'd cost £640. And that was before the unofficially acknowledged design fault with the charger meant that that was broken too...another £60.

I bought a new laptop instead.