NEurope
Raining_again

What drives you insane?

One big thing that makes me rip my hair out.

Facebook.

To put it shortly, if you have seen that South Park episode where Stan gets constantly pestered about adding family members and stuff to his friend list.

I went trough the same and occasionally it comes back to annoy me some more.

"Why have not added your grandmother, why have you not added your brother, or your mother, or your aunt and your uncle, accept my invite to this shitty game I started playing"

shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup.

Only reason I have not deleted my account yet is because occasionally get invited to some parties trough facebook.

One more thing, great Cthulhu has the habit of making me going completely insane.

You have cycle rage as well as road rage? :heh:

It's all the same. :)

Tbh as a cyclist I don't really have issues with drivers. At lights I like to go down the side passed the stationary cars and some cars stay too close to the kerb. But that's not exactly a major thing.

I take greater issue with the pedestrians that seem annoyed at me for cycling on the foot/cycle path. (There are lanes and everything!) Oh, and dog walkers should control their pets better. I build up a nice bit of momentum, then have to slam on the brakes because some dog wanders across my path. Building up momentum is such a pain.

The thing that drives me really insane are the mothers with their prams who use them to bash their way through to wherever it is they're going. The number of times I've been walking along with people and a mother will suddenly change her mind about where she's going and barge in front of you with her pram is ridiculous. It's a bloody pram not a battering ram. It doesn't give you license to do whatever the hell you want. Plus, there's a baby in there (or at least there should be. I have seen people doing it with empty prams as well) so calm the hell down.

I'm not saying that all mothers are like this but there is definitely a dedicated following who loves to crave their way through a shopping centre/precinct by using their prams and it really irritates me.

Women who smoke while pregnant!!! :mad::mad::mad:

My mom did this. =(

As for cyclists, I'm one myself heh. But over here we mostly have lanes for cyclists, or suggested lanes so it's not too bad. Though drivers often seem to forget that cyclists have the right of way too (is that what you call it?), when they're coming from the right etc. Cyclists get ignored so much.

Reminds me of when I was 12 and got hit by a car while crossing a road at a zebra crossing. The bastard just kept on driving, didn't even slow down. =(

Good thing I wasn't hurt, but still. Fucker.

"This video contains content from Channel 4, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds."

What the hell channel 4...

There's another thing that drives me insane ¬_¬

Well....crap.

It's just the scene from Spaced where Mike hits a cyclist.

I can understand why they'd not show it to those trying to access it from outside the UK.... but some of us are in the UK and we still can't see it! wtf!

I like to cycle on the path, run red lights, not wear a helmet.

I like to listen to loud music on my ear phones, especially in trains.

I have nothing that drives me insane, maybe a few niggles but mostly carefree.

By the sounds of things I don't want to become a driver though. People seem to complain more than they actually drive.

Also if I worked in Game I would go up to people and ask them if they wanted help.

Did I get everything?

I agree that cyclists should pay insurance - although insurance for a bike won't be a significant amount

Road tax maybe, but bike lanes benefit drivers more than cyclists... it leaves the road free for cars to get past and reduces congestion.. I'm sure its very little difference to a cyclist whether there is a lane or not.

definitely agree with the public transport bit... over here you HAVE to get a car the minute you turn of age. Yeah, where I live (about 2 miles out of town) has a bus service that is ok, but if you go out to where /nando/ lives (a good 5 miles maybe more?), the bus services are non existant. Useless!

Obviously I wouldn't expect a cyclist to pay the same amount as a car/motorbike, but they still use the road and should be treated the same imo.

I do find it shocking the way some cyclists are, some run red lights, some don't wear helmets or visiblity stuff, it's shocking, if most drivers can't see motorbikes what chance do they have of seeing a person on a piece of metal?

But then that's more me seeing so many bad drivers too.

I definitely agree about transport, at home, buses are every hour, that's IF the bus driver decides to stop at the stop you're at, I recall one monday I was stuck away from home for 3 hours waiting for a bus, it wasn't a bank holiday.

It's why I hate when people complain in sheffield about late buses, nothing beats waiting that long.

Odders - its ok, I hate everyone. It happens. :p

I also find lorry drivers are the scarest thing on the planet, I've nearly had my car crushed on the motorway due to poor observational skills of lorry drivers.

People who say this when I refer to the fact that I do not ever want children:

''But you'll change your mind when you're older''

How fucking insulting is that? That's like saying to anyone ''Yes, you're a bit of an idiot, don't worry dear I know how you think and you don't''

Idiots the lot of them.

I hate shop signs on pavements. I hate shops which put their wares on display outside on teh pavement. These things create unnecessary obstacles and pedestrian mess that just adds to the irritation of walking.

Walking alone, I like to speed along and just get to where I wanna be, but as mentioned earlier there are the slower-walkers who have to be in the middle of the pavement, there are teh old people riding those electronic things who think it's somehow easier for me to get out of the way, when they are, most of the time, just fat and lazy and just have to steer around me. Parents who let their kids walk into me/cycle on busy pavements.

Hot girls. Seriously, there are far too many of them making me all Arrgghhhate myself.

People who claim to never get hangovers. Then you're never getting drunk enough to have one. You're not some walking miracle.

People who buy the sun and think it's news.

People (my nan) who say one thing ("help yourself to as much of x as you want" when tehy actually mean another ("how come so much of x has gone?!").

People who spray on deodorant in areas where food is consumed.

Stupid anti-smoking laws.

People who spray on deodorant in areas where food is consumed.

Eurgh, generally anyone who sprays deodorant anywhere except the gym and home is getting the evils, its always girls who over-do it too.

People who work 1st shift are irritating. ''Why are you asleep??? Its noon! Wake up!!!!!''

Leisurely drivers also peak my blood pressure.

The thing that drives me really insane are the mothers with their prams who use them to bash their way through to wherever it is they're going. The number of times I've been walking along with people and a mother will suddenly change her mind about where she's going and barge in front of you with her pram is ridiculous. It's a bloody pram not a battering ram. It doesn't give you license to do whatever the hell you want. Plus, there's a baby in there (or at least there should be. I have seen people doing it with empty prams as well) so calm the hell down.

I'm not saying that all mothers are like this but there is definitely a dedicated following who loves to crave their way through a shopping centre/precinct by using their prams and it really irritates me.

I remember one incident where 2 mothers were walking through my local shopping centre. Each one had one of those ludicrously wide, 4 baby pushchairs and they were walking side by side and sweeping the entire width of the corridor area. It was like that scene in Labyrinth where Hoggle and Sarah are fleeing from the drill thing in the oubliette.

It drives me insane that I'm too nice a guy to correct people when they are blatantly wrong about something and going on with all the smugness and positively of someone who is right.

... actually, I kind of like that. Knowing someone else is wrong and leaving them in the dark about it. It's empowering. Scratch that last paragraph.

People who over analyse films. Just fricking tell me if it's enjoyable or not!

God damn, so true. Just enjoy the goddamn movie!

Watch Scott Pilgrim. It's amazing.

I'm here to help.

The Feeling every lump is cancer, when it probably isn't. Have one reminscent of piles ATM, but could that be anal cancer