NEurope
Raining_again

What drives you insane?

I would never buy one. It'd be like wearing a t-shirt in a club that says "Rohypnol in pocket"

I would never buy one. It'd be like wearing a t-shirt in a club that says "Rohypnol in pocket"

Except, a single guy walking around with a cute baby (or puppy) will attract all kinds of chicks. Rohypnol does not.

Just thought of another one

People pestering me either while im shopping or even in my own home. If I wanted to donate money or give you shit then id do it. Pisses me off even more when its them coming to your house though. Its one thing in a public area but to go on about it on my own fucking doorstep is too much.

Stepping inside a Games Workshop is an experience.

Me and Goafer tend to find that more funny that anything. Theyre just so very enthusiastic!

Stepping inside a Games Workshop is an experience.

Fuck Games Workshop. The hobby would be much more bearable if the staff weren't so overwhelmingly annoying. You can't walk into there without some local warlock approaching you and showing you his masterfully undercoated Skaven Sewerlord. He's usually followed by an army of worshipful year sevens, all seeking his paintjob approval on their entirely one colour plastic Space Marines.

Then he'll try and sell you glue. He doesn't care if you have glue, he's going to do his best to sell you some. Superglue, polystyrene cement? He doesn't give a shit which. You are leaving that store with some type of fucking glue.

Every time I even consider getting back into painting the figures, the assholes in store ruin it for me.

Fuck Games Workshop. The hobby would be much more bearable if the staff weren't so overwhelmingly annoying. You can't walk into there without some local warlock approaching you and showing you his masterfully undercoated Skaven Sewerlord. He's usually followed by an army of worshipful year sevens, all seeking his paintjob approval on their entirely one colour plastic Space Marines.

Then he'll try and sell you glue. He doesn't care if you have glue, he's going to do his best to sell you some. Superglue, polystyrene cement? He doesn't give a shit which. You are leaving that store with some type of fucking glue.

Every time I even consider getting back into painting the figures, the assholes in store ruin it for me.

Best...post....ever?

You should totally buy paints from Ebay and paint Heroclix.

A) All the cool kids do it. Proof;

Savage_Dragon_Heroclix_by_ReZourceman.jpg

B) Awesome stuff like you painting one, and then the writer that wrote the costume tweets about how awesome you are. Proof;

38978_10150220836905581_509970580_13813982_7870944_n.jpg

Hmm, every time I've been in games workshop they've been lovely! It's quite fun tbh, do something a bit different, but I don't tend to make a habit of it.

Viruses, whoever makes these things should all be put in a line and shot. I have wasted 6 hours of my life getting rid of one today and I want fucking revenge.

Games Workshop is pretty terrible tbh.

What you need to do is find an independently run hobby shop. There is one near me called The Game Room, and it's great, everyone is really friendly and no one is pushy. They also have a huge selection of comics new and old (I saw old prints of Akira actually).

I like that Games Workshop gives prices to the nearest pound, without any of the 99/95 nonsense. I used to be one of those worshipful year sevens. But yeah, the staff in those shops would annoy me if I went there now.

I prefer "Rohypnol: My Chemical Romance"

Edit: And whilst we're on the subject, my radmastical painting skills:

100_2526.jpg

Edited by Goafer

Is the black one finished? He looks like he could use some more highlights.

Not being to find the TV remote does my head in, I check everywhere and bam 10 minutes later it's in the place I'm pretty damn sure it's where I already looked. I actually go mental over the fact I can't find it.

Oh and also people that just cannot fathom why I like to spend some of my time reading comics. Im perfectly fine with people making the occassional joke but its the people (like my mum for some reason) that just see any comic as completely childish even though its basically just the same as a book but told differently with images etc. Drives me crazy having to defend what im reading.

I know how you feel. I used to work on the railways here a few years ago and would read comics (got back into them thanks to the first Spiderman film and discovering J Michael Straczynski was writing the new Marvel comics) and I'd have long lulls between stations (was a conductor) and would read them on board. They were found and all these supposedly "mature" men would take the piss in front of their mates but then in private say they love comics themselves! These days people just know I'm into them and they accept the large pile of 80's Marvel UK Transformers comics in my living room :D

I know we've argued the pants off it recently around these parts, but, my god, being able to hear people's music (or worse, just a hint of it) when they're using head/earphones. When walking down the street it's a bit irritating, but when in a place where you're stuck with it, like in a lift or on public transport, then it drives me insane. It's actually worse than chavs playing music out loud on their phones.

I'm not sure which one is worse, but they're both on my list. It always sounds like death metal through the earphones, and it's always awful dance music when played from a phone without earphones. I just move away now if it's on a train for example, making sure I throw a disapproving-look-from-some-old-fogie look before I go ;)

The staff inside Phones4U... leave me alone!!

Are they worse than GAME?!

I know how you feel. I used to work on the railways here a few years ago and would read comics (got back into them thanks to the first Spiderman film and discovering J Michael Straczynski was writing the new Marvel comics) and I'd have long lulls between stations (was a conductor) and would read them on board. They were found and all these supposedly "mature" men would take the piss in front of their mates but then in private say they love comics themselves! These days people just know I'm into them and they accept the large pile of 80's Marvel UK Transformers comics in my living room :D

You are needed in the comic thread. Stat.

Are they worse than GAME?!
Don't think I've ever really been pestered in GAME.

Phones4U practically force a contract down your throat as soon as you walk through the door! What ever happened to just being able to browse the latest phones!

Phones4U practically force a contract down your throat as soon as you walk through the door! What ever happened to just being able to browse the latest phones!

every single time i go into game someone comes over to ask me if i need help. Shuffle on fellas...

whereas the opposite - JJB and sportsdirect.com - the place where you need staff (to get you the damn shoes) are no-bloody-where to be seen.

i bought a phone from phones4u and they were desperate to palm me off with a rubbish contract too.

Is the black one finished? He looks like he could use some more highlights.

It was my first attempt at painting one, so it was a bit half arsed really.

GAME employees annoy me. Several times the manager has pestered me about preordering stuff. Sometimes I just forget that games are coming out and see it on the shelf on release day and buy it. Queue a massive lecture on how I would have got double points if I'd preordered it. Jesus fucking Christ, I could have earned a fraction of a crappy £2.50 discount! I'm going to go home and cut myself right now! I don't shop there any more, Gamestation is about 100 metres away and they don't hassle me.

Edited by Goafer

You are needed in the comic thread. Stat.

I'll take a jaunt over there then... :)

The GAME stores in Belfast are awful for it! I mean, it's a videogame store, STOP with the hard sell! And they start as soon as you stop walking, so when I walk up to the Wii stuff I haven't even started to look when they start to pester me. And even when it's not busy and all the staff can see you've already been asked, each member of the team will leave it a few mins and will come over again and again and again.....

It was my first attempt at painting one, so it was a bit half arsed really

Fair enough, I've seen much worse first attempts though. My buddy didn't know to thin his paints and basically ruined a Hammerhead with thick thick paint. He's much better now.

We need a Games Workshop thread, guys. I have a love for it and hatred for it's staff that cannot be contained within the boundaries of this thread anymore. I also have some miniatures I painted years ago I can try and dig out and show.

Also, when people ask you if you need help in GAME... the best way to respond is to make up something impossibly difficult to answer to destroy their cheerful spirit. Then wait outside until they leave work that night and brutally murder them.

Edited by Guy

Oooh, the driving stuff that Ine mentioned really does piss me off. In particular, when you're driving on a road that specifically has signs telling you exactly what the limits are.

*driving along a road with 40 mph. I'm at the limit. No cars behind me*

*suddenly, a car blatantly breaks the limit and is now right up your arse*

*as soon as traffic disappears in the lane on the opposite side of the road, the car overtakes*

*then (the bit that fucks me off the most) the driver looks at you like you're the prick!

It reminds me of these escalators that you find in London tube/train stations. There are actually "invisible lanes" that seperate the people waiting patiently (on the right side) and the people who decide to run up/down the escalators (on the left side). What's more annoying is that you get to the top/bottom and you see the people that ran straight past you waiting on the platform. So, what was the point in that? :shrug:

Basically, people who don't understand the concept of queues. You find your place in line, you wait, and then you go about your business. If anybody I knew decided to cut in line before somebody, whatever the situation, I'd rip them to shreds for it. So rude. Rude people are lame!

People convinced the world owes them something drive me insane. Idiots parading around with a sense of entitlement they haven't done anything to deserve.

Also, people who borrow stuff and never return/mistreat it. They are the worst kind of scum and resurrection should be made possible so I can shoot them to death twice.

Lastly, people who blatantly make inside jokes in the company of those who just don't get them and then refuse to explain. I'd shoot you thrice, maybe fourth...ce.

I also hate subbed anime fans ragging on dubbed anime fans. Go fuck yourselves. English is a better language than Japanese. If people want to watch anime in their NATIVE TONGUE it is their choice and an extremely valid one. I do however agree that stuff should be watched in the original intended language, though, so I guess that kind of makes me a hypocrite. I'd never dump on someone for preferring dubbed anime.

People who noticeably sigh and act bored when doing something they may not enjoy. I hate it so much. I don't think you guys understand how much I hate it so this gif of a polar bear maliciously attacking a person is the best way I can represent my reaction to such cunty behaviour:

14jspzd.gif

A lot of things drive me absolutely insane.

BONUS THING THAT DRIVES ME INSANE

People who are STILL upset by swearing. Get with the times.