NEurope
Raining_again

What drives you insane?

Is there anything that just makes you crazy with annoyance?

I created this thread with the inspiration of my feet. The tops of my feet get CRAZY ITCHY.. i'm so close to taking something sharp to my skin for some flamin' relief.

I just seem to have the itchiest skin on the planet, its so frustrating.

My skin is to blame for a lot of my anger, sadly. Once I knocked my arm off a shelf (it was a relatively sharp corner) and i bled everywhere. I rolled up my sleeve and most of my skin had been torn away. >_< It would have been a very minor accident to anyone without psoriasis!

ITCHY.

Snoring. Christ almighty I hate it. My Dad snores in the next room (parents bedroom funnily enough) and I have to have music on to sleep.

Scooters...

I loathe those things.

For the past two years (except the snowy part of the year) I have the "enjoyment" of hearing those things right outside my window going on the side-walk making all kinds of irritating noises.

I don't think anything we say could compare to what you have to go through Raining_again, but personally it's noisy neighbours for me. I've lived in a few different houses in Belfast since moving out of my family home and every bloody time I end up beside some bloody idiot who thinks he has some god-given right to blare his TV surround sound or idiotic thump-thump-thump dance "music" at any time of day or night.

The house I'm in now, I'm loving it, complete freedom again (last place was a house-share) and I love the house itself and it's very handy to the city center and public transport home... but the first night I moved in and next door had a party until about 5am! The noise council are crap, they take hours to come round and I ended up having several run-in's with the neighbour (image white shell suit, cider, and a constant cigarette hanging from his girlfriend's mouth every time she went to the shop in her bright pink tracksuit and you can imagine the "classy" neighbours they were) but then a new family moved in the house on the other side, lovely couple, but the husband is HUGE (as in muscle-wise) and within a month or them moving in the idiotic neighbour had moved out!! Coincidence...? ;)

I always move into what seems like nice family areas but I always end up lumped beside someone like that, but thankfully they're gone and it's bliss! :)

I don't think anything we say could compare to what you have to go through Raining_again, but personally it's noisy neighbours for me. I've lived in a few different houses in Belfast since moving out of my family home and every bloody time I end up beside some bloody idiot who thinks he has some god-given right to blare his TV surround sound or idiotic thump-thump-thump dance "music" at any time of day or night.

The house I'm in now, I'm loving it, complete freedom again (last place was a house-share) and I love the house itself and it's very handy to the city center and public transport home... but the first night I moved in and next door had a party until about 5am! The noise council are crap, they take hours to come round and I ended up having several run-in's with the neighbour (image white shell suit, cider, and a constant cigarette hanging from his girlfriend's mouth every time she went to the shop in her bright pink tracksuit and you can imagine the "classy" neighbours they were) but then a new family moved in the house on the other side, lovely couple, but the husband is HUGE (as in muscle-wise) and within a month or them moving in the idiotic neighbour had moved out!! Coincidence...? ;)

I always move into what seems like nice family areas but I always end up lumped beside someone like that, but thankfully they're gone and it's bliss! :)

aw you kind person! And you live in belfast! waaaahey! Northern Ireland crew ftw - high five man! :D

Noisy neighbours are crap.... We had this guy that was in a band... up til early hours. Then a lot of foreign folk crammed into a small house, working nights and having parties. Luckily my bedroom is not attached to next door so i missed out on most of the noise!

aw you kind person! And you live in belfast! waaaahey! Northern Ireland crew ftw - high five man! :D

Noisy neighbours are crap.... We had this guy that was in a band... up til early hours. Then a lot of foreign folk crammed into a small house, working nights and having parties. Luckily my bedroom is not attached to next door so i missed out on most of the noise!

Didn't even notice the "Ballymena" sitting over there under your picture! High five! :D

You've just reminded me of when I was trying to save money and for a few years was in that house-share I mentioned. There was this girl who thought she was the dog's danglies at guitar, and fair enough she played gigs in town and was on her way to getting a single released, but she would complain every time someone was up past nine watching TV in the living room as she could hear it from her room. My room was between her's and the living room and it was barely audible from mine! But the thing is, when we were trying to sleep and she was off work the next day she'd be practicing her slow, depressing country music until very late and would start arguments if we asked her to stop because some of us were up at 5am for work... now I think about it, I'm surpised I stayed there that long!

The Northern Irish connection is growing :eek:

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks flies have been driving me insane! There always seems to be one every night in my room when I'm trying to get to sleep :hmm:

The Northern Irish connection is growing :eek:

Anyway, in the last couple of weeks flies have been driving me insane! There always seems to be one every night in my room when I'm trying to get to sleep :hmm:

Whoa! And we're all on at once... weirder and weirder... I gotta get some sleep though, up very early but Cloverfield was on and I've never seen it - was awesome!

Anyway, yeah the flies have been insane recently! Every time my girlfriend and I would walk back to her car, even if we've only been away for 5 minutes, it's swarming with them! Long, thin ones... and they've got a good bloomin' grip, takes ages for them all to fall off when we're driving down the road!

Ugh, speaking of neighbours, our neighbour had a cockerel. I always thought that they crowed when the sun comes up, then shut up for the rest of the day. I learnt the hard way that they don't. They crow all fucking day. ALL FUCKING DAY. The amount of times I slammed windows and they never got the fucking hint. Eventually, someone complained and the council told them to get rid of it.

Now all we have to put up with is their neglected dog barking all day. One day it barked constantly (and I do mean constantly) from the time I woke up (10am IIRC), until about 6pm, when they got home and told it to shut up. Towards the end, I could actually hear it yelping as it barked, presumably because it's throat was sore. One of my other neighbours went out into the street, yelled at it, then drove off (not sure if he was escaping the noise or going somewhere). The sad thing is, it's probably not the dog's fault, it's probably bored out of it's mind. I've never seen them walk it.

I'm American Irish...a few generations diluted, does that count?

I absolutely hate when I'm stopping at a 4-way stop (whomever stops first goes first) and there is someone sitting at the stop and they sit there and wait an annoyingly long time for me to stop before they go. I understand they're making sure I'm going to stop (I generally roll up fast as if I'm not going to, but with steady deceleration) but I wish they'd just go so I can come to a quick stop and go without them being in my way.

I also hate getting a phone call while I'm driving. It instantly puts me into a foul mood, which results in snapping at the caller.

It's just come to me, two other things that really "grind my gears" as Peter Griffin would say:

The Daily Mail.

Daily Mail readers.

My ex. God I can't wait for our flat lease to be up and get the hell away from her.

People who say "Nah-ah-ah! No excuses!" with a shit-eating/knowing grin, when you try and explain yourself. Applies in a variety of situations.

I want to slit their throats. Mostly cause I've been a mostly very well behaved/conscientious person throughout my life, so whenever it's been applied to me, it's always been wrong, and so unjust.

People that phone me up at work for IT related issues when i'm not part of the IT helpdesk team.

I'm part of the development team and specifically work with SQL / Programming...

yet I get calls saying...

eLife Manager - "Hi Omar, we're having trouble with one agent's monitor, can you come have a look!?"

Me - "Hi eLife Manager i'm afraid i dont deal with that, you need to put a request in with the IT Help Desk and they'll fix!"

literally 10 minutes later

Quota Manager - "Morning Omar, can you come take a look at one of my agents phone, doesnt seem to be connected properly?!"

Me - "Hey, sorry you need to speak to the IT Helpdesk not me kthxbai!"

yeah get's annoying.

- People who walk slow, it's always when you're in a rush, GOD DAMNIT MOVE OUT OF MY FREAKING WAY.

- Drivers, I'm not a perfect driver, but yesterday I was in a taxi and the poor guy nearly had an old man smash into the side of him, the old man didn't even look, then the bloody woman behind the old man at the junction nearly did the same thing!!

- Heat/sun/summer it's long because I have too much time off, people sweat and smell and it's awful and unbarable. Bring on winter, I want snow and ice and coldness and layers!

Oh lawd yes, terrible drivers. Even below average drivers. Cut me off, jump out at a junction, pull away too slowly, don't see a sign... anything like that you're going to really piss me off.

People on bikes who think they're doing the speed limit so they go down the middle of the lane.

Arguments with people who aren't being reasonable/logical.

- People who walk slow, it's always when you're in a rush, GOD DAMNIT MOVE OUT OF MY FREAKING WAY.

I naturally walk quite fast, so this annoys me a lot. Especially so when I'm in a rush and there are a group of people walking slowly so you can't overtake them. I just feel like screaming.

Shorty - definitely, I tend to watch where I'm going, obviously, once I've made a mistake, no accident but I kicked myself for weeks after, I hate it, but people sometimes have no regard for anyone else on the road! It's crazy!

Cube - I find that too, I was just about to mention about groups, why do they feel the need to hog the whole pavement so you have to walk around them on a busy road?

Girls walking in the middle of the road. Always. For some reason round our area girls have decided that the pavements are no longer safe and have taken to the middle of the road to resume their walk.

And shit in the membrane.

Edited by EEVILMURRAY

An undeniable fact about drivers. All drivers who are not yourself are in fact, terrible.

At the moment it's all driving related:

- driving itself

- my instructor

- people honking at me when I'm not leaving fast enough at a light or when I stall. It says in big letters on top of the car I'm learning, have some patience please!

- people overtaking me on busy roads even though I'm already going the speed limit

- people driving way too close behind me... if I were to stop all of a sudden they might slam right into me =(

*hates it allll*

At the moment it's all driving related:

- driving itself

- my instructor

- people honking at me when I'm not leaving fast enough at a light or when I stall. It says in big letters on top of the car I'm learning, have some patience please!

- people overtaking me on busy roads even though I'm already going the speed limit

- people driving way too close behind me... if I were to stop all of a sudden they might slam right into me =(

*hates it allll*

I agree with this - although it is a little frustrating that they go slowly, i'll always give a learner plenty of room.. It wasn't all that long ago I was a mere learner :P

My gym is actually in an industrial estate where like nearly ALL of the learners go for at least 50% of their lessons so I do come across them quite a lot.

Just takes a bloody bit of patience. I don't know why everyone is in such a rush to get everywhere. I love car time, its time for me to think and mull over the days events without someone bitching in my ear :P

And those freakin baby on board signs....just....why? I don't get it?

1st point: I am quite patient with learners, having only done it myself 4 or so years ago, I still remember what it's like. Don't worry about these people at all, you'll never come face to face with them, don't let it affect your driving.

2nd point: This is always going to happen. Few people stick to the speed limit as strictly as a learner has to. Personally I'd rather be overtaken than followed closely, once they're past you they're out of your way so when this happens you should feel relieved!

3rd point: If they slam into you, it's their fault, no matter how suddenly you stop. At least, it would be by our braking distance laws, can't say for sure with yours. You could then sue them for the completely unprovable affliction known as whiplash. Cha-ching!

1st point: I am quite patient with learners, having only done it myself 4 or so years ago, I still remember what it's like. Don't worry about these people at all, you'll never come face to face with them, don't let it affect your driving.

2nd point: This is always going to happen. Few people stick to the speed limit as strictly as a learner has to. Personally I'd rather be overtaken than followed closely, once they're past you they're out of your way so when this happens you should feel relieved!

3rd point: If they slam into you, it's their fault, no matter how suddenly you stop. At least, it would be by our braking distance laws, can't say for sure with yours. You could then sue them for the completely unprovable affliction known as whiplash. Cha-ching!

I completely agree with this, you'll learn Eenuh that nearly everyone has their gripes when driving and you soon learn to ignore them. Legally you can feel most likely the person who shunts into you that's it's their fault for being too close.

..and let's face it, so what you stall, people have to wait regardless of how long it takes. Everyone stalls, even when they've been driving for years, my dad still does it and he's been driving for over 20 years! Let the buggers wait.

I find I stick to the speed limit as much as I can, sometimes 30mph can be difficult in certain zones. There's a road in stoke that has a limit of 50mph and on the inside lane if you don't do more than that you get flashed by the person infront of you. Personally I hope the bastards get caught.

There's a road in stoke that has a limit of 50mph and on the inside lane if you don't do more than that you get flashed by the person infront of you.
How do you get flashed by the person in front of you? :heh: do they stand up out of the sun roof and lift up their shirt? :D