NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Raining_again

Naruto: Shippuden (usespoilerboxesplz)

Do we have an anime thread anymore?

Anyway... has anybody watched the latest anime episode?

I shed a few tears, the story is tying up in a lovely way :3

The anime thread was locked, against my better judgement...

I haven't watched the latest Shippuuden. I am really enjoying the show, but my biggest problem with it is that it's too short. So I try and forget about it... then hopefully after a few weeks/months I can watch loads in one go :D

The anime thread was locked, against my better judgement...

I haven't watched the latest Shippuuden. I am really enjoying the show, but my biggest problem with it is that it's too short. So I try and forget about it... then hopefully after a few weeks/months I can watch loads in one go :D

Yeah I thought it was.. didn't want to stir any problems (re thread) but I missed the odd shippy discussion that went on. Theres been a few good canon episodes lately, so I created the thread..

I fear we are soon heading into filler though :sad:

Episode made me sad Martins :(

Just waiting for them to get back to the Sasuke storyline but I suppose they're going to dance around it untill they have to continue with it.

I've heard they are going to do a Iruka-filler now. I don't know how long it will take but I do want them to just skip it and continue with the anime instead.

All this filler is also the reasing for me reading the manga more or less instead of seeing the anime. It just has a better pace. Still, it's nice to see the manga in action as it can sometimes be very hard to see what's going on in a panel.

Well, haven't really seen the show but I know that Nagato revives everybody and that was kind of ... meh? It's good to know that Kakashi is still alive, though.

The thing about switching to the manga is you get ahead, way more story, but it's just a quick fix, a temporary solution. You can catch up in a few hours then you're in the exact same spot, except each weekly wait gives you content in even smaller doses.

The thing about switching to the manga is you get ahead, way more story, but it's just a quick fix, a temporary solution. You can catch up in a few hours then you're in the exact same spot, except each weekly wait gives you content in even smaller doses.

and it isnt that slowly paced when you're watching anime only (yes the filler can be dire) but when you know the plot already it is going to seem very slow :p

The only problem I have with Naruto, Bleach and the like (did use to watch them) is that they don't ever seem to have any sign of ending. So they're pretty much being made up as they go along, and probably not ending because they're such cash cows. And using filler always screams of biding time so they can space out genuine plot.

Don't get me wrong, some of the episodes back when I used to watch it were good, but the quality just wasn't comparable to something like FMA, where the plot was most probably fully realised before she had illustrated most of the chapters.

You'll probably roast me now, oh well.

I definitely feel that in Bleach, the story is a long way detached from how it began, and there's constant signs of retconning. But Naruto has a flow to it and I don't expect it to go on forever.

But I don't want it to end anyway... :(

I'm so glad I'm not alone in that thought =P

I love both bleach and naruto :grin:

But I don't want it to end anyway... :(
Likewise, but I'd rather it go out with a memorable bang than age painfully, devolving into an endless barrage of that-filler-year type nonsense.

So where exactly is the anime at? :)

I've not watched it I just read the manga, I'm like two chapters behind because i like to read them in bulk!

Naruto is interesting but everytimes it feels like its progressing it then takes a few steps back for me.

NOW! One Piece on the other hand is too good and having to wait 4 weeks for the next chapter is painful. >_____< but it will be worth it!

So where exactly is the anime at? :)

I've not watched it I just read the manga, I'm like two chapters behind because i like to read them in bulk!

Naruto is interesting but everytimes it feels like its progressing it then takes a few steps back for me.

NOW! One Piece on the other hand is too good and having to wait 4 weeks for the next chapter is painful. >_____< but it will be worth it!

Bleach was actually pretty good this week. Big build up as well.

I like how in One Piece Luffy said he was taking a break when the manga is having a break. I'm really enjoying it now. Great manga.

I'm so glad I'm not alone in that thought =P

I love both bleach and naruto :grin:

It always makes me sad when a manga reader says "oh boy, shit just hit the fan, the series must be ending". Not only are they being short sighted, the mere thought of it ending is like imagining the end infinity.

Likewise, but I'd rather it go out with a memorable bang than age painfully, devolving into an endless barrage of that-filler-year type nonsense.

Completely understand that, it will start going down as soon as Kishi runs out of Naruto lore (Sasuke, Uchihas, tailed monsters, etc...). Although, I wouldn't mind if he started doing spin off series of it, there's so much to explore in that universe.

Sign in to follow this