NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Xbox headset trouble.

Wasn't sure if i should post this in here or the tech forum but what the hell.

I've been having some serious trouble with my wired Xbox headset for ages now, and it's got to the point where I can't take it anymore.

Basically, I've been through a few headsets, controllers and even consoles and still had this problem.

I have to speak extremely loudly or have the mic literally in my mouth for people to hear me over Live. This leads me thinking that it is a network fault but my NAT is open and always has been, I never have any trouble joining games and even on my computer torrents etc download super quick and the port for them is always open.

Does anyone have ANY idea what could be the problem? It really is driving me mad, I just bought Left 4 Dead and would really like to use my headset more on it. Also Reach is around the corner which is even more of a reason to get this sorted.

Any advice would be extremely helpful, my avatar pretty much sums up everything.

Edit: I have no idea why the thread posted itself twice.

Edited by Caris

Buy any Turtle Beach headset and your problem will be gone forever!

Before i got my Turtle Beach headset i had been thru about 5-6 of them crappy wired headsets, they truly are disposable.

It may be the problem that the new update will sort out.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-26-xbox-headset-sound-quality-to-improve

If its been doing the same thing with different headsets and consoles then I assume it must be something to do with your setup/connection.

When did this start? When we used to hook up on Live I could always hear you fine, unfortunately I could hear Rob aswell. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I nearly bought a Turtle Beach one today, it was just a £20 wired one. Will that fix it do you think?

It started about a year ago or something, I'm really not sure. You can add my new account btw Adam if you want.

I got a wired Venom one (less than £10) and it was miles clearer than the official headset - I can hear people better and they can hear me clearly.

I nearly bought a Turtle Beach one today, it was just a £20 wired one. Will that fix it do you think?

It started about a year ago or something, I'm really not sure. You can add my new account btw Adam if you want.

Its worth goin for the 35 quid versions, X11, they're so goooood. If your feelin flashy the £140 are probably the best shit goin

If you want a headset for just chat (i.e. not the in-game sounds), don't want it needing power via USB and don't want to pay for the wireless ones then this should do the trick. Although they do get slightly uncomfortable after about 3 hours of wearing them.

Sign in to follow this