NEurope
MadDog

DIY Mafia: The Game Thread

Smeagol - while your posts are completely-frickin'-awesome, they are actually starting to confuse me! It's great that you are getting into all this but there is so much info coming from you it's hard to keep track of everything! I'm definitely not saying stop, just that you may need to explain everything to me again later if it's important :) And you know me, I'm usually down with all the infos, so it must be pretty complex.

Secondly! - Smealgol you're really not allowed to edit your posts. I know you're new but it's against the rules and in the earliest games people were modkilled for doing it. It's bad :p

Anyway, I have nothing and as always am suspicous of just about everyone. I never know whether or not to trust Dannyboy, but as always the quiet people should really be the people to look at as they are unwilling to draw attention to themselves. Admittadely I was one of these people in the last day phase, but that was due to me being away all weekend and missing the entire thing. So I'm sorry about that :/ But I'm back now and ready for action!

[..]

Secondly! - Smealgol you're really not allowed to edit your posts. I know you're new but it's against the rules and in the earliest games people were modkilled for doing it. It's bad :p[..]

Oh yeah fuck, I forgot! :P

That'll be hard for me, trying to get it right in 1 go without the spelling mistakes and forgotten details, but it's too big of a post to double post :P.

Anyway, my posts are supposed to make it easier ;).

Either something fishy is going on or Cube is trying to fling some dirt on you.

I read that as flirt and was moderately amused. Thought you should all know.

I'm not sure why Cube has even voted for Danny...I'll wait for him to post again, if he can find himself in the write-up etc.

P.S I'm scared people think I'm inactive, I'm just a really boring mafia layer with little to say atm.

Didn't he say it was cause his power didn't work on him twice?

Anyway, the second part, I concur and agree. Not that much info from everyone else to be going on either..

I'm back now guys, sorry for the absence. I came back from Reading and my internet had died and didn't come back to life until yesterday.

I've nothing to add.

Either something fishy is going on

What did I do! =P

I know literally nothing. Again. Yippie?

Where the hell are all our investigators? Do we know anything??? :wtf:

Cube can't be the big-eared man if he targetted me twice. The big-eared man didn't target me on the first night, and he either targetted me or the writer on the second night. I'm thinking Cube may be the writer, because the writer is misdirected on night 1 and something "changes his mind" on night 2. I don't know if these will count as "fails" to Cube, but I don't know what else may be the case. What makes me wonder is that the same character doesn't appear to target me on both nights, but then again, we don't always hear who the characters intend to target.

Anyway, as I said, I was roleblocked on night 1, and on night 2 I targetted Diageo, who targetted nobody. If he actually didn't target anyone, or if this result is due to ReZ roleblocking him, I don't know.

Ah yeah, got my facts wrong.

With the evidence we have, Cube being the writer does seem the most logical thing then.

I am finally back from holidays and can devote my full attention to this game.

I targeted you Dannyboy, but I assume since I was roleblocked it said I didn't (successfully) target anyone.

I'm back now guys, sorry for the absence. I came back from Reading and my internet had died and didn't come back to life until yesterday.

I've nothing to add.

You can't have nothing to add, are you saying you have no active power?

(assuming Cube is writer) ; when we were desperate to find out who the writer was yesterday, Cube doesn't come forward.

However.....today he has only made one post and its a vote for Danny? Whats the deal Cube?

Change Vote : Cube

Hm, having studied the write-ups again, Cube might also be the tattooed guy. He was roleblocked both nights, and who he intended to target isn't mentioned, so it's possible I was the target both nights.

I'm sure a vote will put the heat under him to give us information. I do agree he looks very suspicious, just posting once and leaving it at that.

vote: Cube

Yeah, I just don't like the whole "vote to pressure" thing, as it makes everyone seem suspicious and trigger happy. I prefer to only vote when I think someone's mafia.

That being said, I'm going to throw in a vote for Cube since he has actually checked the thread and not responded, and that makes me suspicious of him. I didn't even suspect him to begin with, but now I do.

Vote: Cube

I was just going to say the same thing Danny, I've seen him checking the thread at least twice without answering. If he hasn't answered the questions by 4pm I will vote for him as he is very suspicious but I don't want to yet in case we reach a lynch early. This way he has time to respond but if he continues to avoid the answer I think he has to go.

I'm personally going to defer voting for Cube for the time being. If he hasn't spilled the beans in a few hours time, then I say we string him up.

OK, I don't want to make myself a target, but here goes.

I'm Alan Wake, the Writer (note that yesterday I simply said that I wasn't Castle). I'm an investigator. The first night I tried to investigate Dannyboy, but was redirected to Jonnas, who is good. I didn't want to reveal myself as simply the fact that Jonnas was good wasn't helpful.

Today I tried to subtly say that Dannyboy was mafia, as my PM simply said that he was "Not Good". So he's either neutral or mafia. Hence my vote.

In the light of this new revelation I am unsure who to go for now.

Although voting for Danny straight off the bat is hardly subtle. I'm very confused who we should lynch now. I'm suspicious of Dannyboy, Cube and Rez...

Well as we now have more solid info I think we should follow it. At least then we find out a) whether Cube is a dumb investigator or just lying and b) whether Dannyboy is evil. I think if Cube turns out to be wrong we should lynch him, or at least question him lots, tomorrow.

Incidentally Cube, why did you not come forward with this actual information earlier, rather than just voting?

I'm going to wait for this answer but I'm willing to follow with this info. We will find out more by testing the information than by doing nothing.

Although voting for Danny straight off the bat is hardly subtle. I'm very confused who we should lynch now. I'm suspicious of Dannyboy, Cube and Rez...

Lynching ReZ is always great for lolz, but, hey - sorry Cube, I'm not buying it. I'm going to need more than that very easily invented tale to convince me, and to up the pressure:

Vote: Cube

I personally suspect Dannyboy. I've targeted him twice and my power hasn't worked.

Vote: Dannybot-the-Dane

Also: You said your power didn't work both times. Why say that and now come forward with this info?

The more I read into this the less inclined I am to believe you.

This is just great. I am definitely good. I am the Old Spice Guy, and I can track people. Cube, you got that result on night 2, right? Look at the write-up:

The writer was then approached by a long haired man, who started talking about the towns current state, by the time he finished, the writer had changed his opinion of something the next day

I think it's clear that the long-haired man corrupted your investigation. Your PM said "Not Good". That it didn't say "Evil" or "Neutral" might be a hint that your power was corrupted.

It's like I said, I don't think your second report, the one on Dannyboy in this case, is trustworthy. Look again at the write-up:

"The writer was then approached by a long haired man, who started talking about the towns current state, by the time he finished, the writer had changed his opinion of something the next day"

I really think that guy influenced your report somehow (although I wonder what his ability actually does), so I'm not going to vote Dannyboy based on this evidence.

I'm not going to vote no lynch a third time either, so i may semi-random vote someone who has posted, but not much.