NEurope
MadDog

DIY Mafia: The Game Thread

I'd be up for leaving it 'til monday too... as I'm going to wales from tomorrow 'til monday eve to see some relatives!

IMHO it shouldn't be left too long because

A) As you say people will lose interest.

B) Its the summer holidays. At some point everyone will be away for a day or two, and it could just snowball into "Well Dyson isn't here until Saturday, then Jayseven is away from Sat till Monday, then blah blah is"

Etc.

Night 1

The writer set out into the night, searching for his target. When suddenly, a speedy dark character sped past him, disorientating him. He then took note of a man with a tattooed arm. The tattooed man was then brutally attacked by a martial art expert. The writer was being watched by a big eared character the entire time.

The suited man was on his way to his target with his friends when he was drawn in by a small circle thing, while a woman wearing green watched. The suited mans friends carried on, while the red one was then distracted by a pie maker, he was unable to resist such lovely pies. The man dressed in white carried on alone. The good looking man was looking for his target to follow, but was intercepted by a red haired woman.

While all this was going on, the camouflaged man still had his target in sight. He settled himself, waiting for the right time to pull the trigger...BANG

Eenuh is dead, she was Ned from Pushing Daisies. She was Good

Ned_from_Pushing_Daisies.jpg

The pie maker, capable of luring anyone with his pies.

Day 2 begins now!

Player List (19)

Coolness Bears

Cube

Dan-likes-trees

Dannyboy-the-Dane

Diageo

Dyson

Ellmeister

Gizmo

Jayseven

Jonnas

MoogleViper

Mundi

Nintendohnut

Paj Meen Ah

ReZourceman

Sméagol

Tellyn

The fish

Zell

Majority is 10

Edited by MadDog

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

=(

*eats some pie as comfort food*

Don't you heartless bastards know it's rude to kill a girl in the first night of a mafia game?!?! :heh: RIP Eenuh.

I've got nothing.

Hmm, is the omittance of the alignment of Eenuh a deliberate choice?

I've only just begun analyzing the write-up (..), but I've got the feeling we're not dealing with just 2 neutrals here, but a whole bunch of 'm. 3 teams fighting eachother?

Ah, that that clears stuff up then ;).

Edit [00]:

And a general question (again, you'll probably get more of those as I'm the n00b here :P);

trackers, they send in a player's name of who they want to know their targets of. Do they get another player's(=target's) name in return, or that player's (=target's) characters name?

Edit [01]:

My interpretation, breaking it down:

The writer set out into the night, searching for his target. When suddenly, a speedy dark character sped past him, disorientating him. He then took note of a man with a tattooed arm.

Speedy dark character seems to be able to change targets. Dark reference may simply be an attribute of its appearance, or hint at mafia member? And even though he was not his intended target, the writer knows something about the tattooed man.

The tattooed man was then brutally attacked by a martial art expert.

The first attack of this night. Since the attack was "brutal" this may be an unsuccesful mafia hit. Then again, this can also be a vigilante. The fact that the tattooed man survives is noteworthy.

The writer was being watched by a big eared character the entire time.

It seems someone chose a Ferengi as a character :D :P. The Ferengi looks like a tracker to me. This is why I want to know what kind of reports you get as a tracker. The Ferengi knows something.

The suited man was on his way to his target with his friends when he was drawn in by a small circle thing, while a woman wearing green watched.
The middle paragraph of the write-up confuses me a lot.

"The suited man AND his friends". This seems to be a group apart from the mafia. Not only that we still have the group of 2 people from the prologue.. Unfortunately this group of 3 people was very unsuccesful this night, so we don't know what they were up to. Although what I also find strange, all THREE of them seem to be heading out to do ONE action?? Or they chose to all target the same person? In which case they probably can't kill, so they're either good or neutral. The suited man in particular here gets roleblocked, I'm a bit confused about this part if this depicts 2 actions or one, if this is the woman wearing green drawing him in WHILE watching (suggesting she was not just roleblocking him, but perhaps there was more going on?), or, if the woman wearing green is just watching him, while someone else unmentioned draws him in with the small circle. I'm inclined to believe this is one and the same ability.

The suited mans friends carried on, while the red one was then distracted by a pie maker, he was unable to resist such lovely pies.

Eenuh gets to bake a pie before she gets killed.

The man dressed in white carried on alone. The good looking man was looking for his target to follow, but was intercepted by a red haired woman.

Again confused, I'm not sure if in the write-up "the man dressed in white" and "the goodlooking man" are supposed to be the same, but I'm inclined to believe they are. In which case, this here is the last friend of the suited man, also getting roleblocked. We've seen 3 roleblockers this night, since Eenuh died, it's more than likely one of the others is evil, and one neutral.

While all this was going on, the camouflaged man still had his target in sight. He settled himself, waiting for the right time to pull the trigger...BANG

Eenuh is pushing daisies. Since this is the second attack, it's more than likely one is a mafia member, but the other a vigilante, but which one is which?

I find that gang of 3 intriguing, eventhough they didn't get to do anything this night. But I wonder how it fits with the joined 2 powerful forces of the prologue. I don't think we're dealing with 2 seperate groups of neutrals here, and I don't think the gang of 3 is mafia, and the 2 forces are stated in the prologue not to be mafia.

Hmm.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything myself..

Edited by Sméagol

The first attack could be a roleblocker/silencer. The speedy dark thing sounds like Shadow.

Holy crap, Smeagol rules at this game. No way this is your first mafia. :p

The Writer = Considering this is DIY I'd say I'm 95% sure that is Castle who is Cube. :) So Cube, who'd you target initially and we may have found a redirector.

Speedy dark character = Maybe Quicksilver?

Tattooed Man = No freaking idea. Random guess; Daken (Wolverines son)

Martial Arts Expert = Could be anyone. Bruce Lee? *shrugs*

Big Earred Person = Dumbo? Whoever this is probably is a tracker or investigator, and targetted Cube.

Suited Man = Agent J? Riddler? Possibly part of the mafia as it said "with his friends" or a mason group.

Woman in Green = Tracked/investigated/somethingd the suited man. Poison Ivy?

Man in White = Not a clue.

Male Red = Didn't specifically state it was a man, could be a creature.

Good Looking Man = ReZourceman? :p

Red Haired Woman = Tori Amos/Paj Meen Ah would be my first guess. And it appears that they are a roleblocker.

Camoflauged man = A/the killer. An army person? No idea.

Now I believe I can at least clear someone as a/the killer, I know Diaego didn't do it.

Certainly gonna be difficult to pin alignments down to characters in a pick your own character game.

The first attack could be a roleblocker/silencer. The speedy dark thing sounds like Shadow.

Thats a very good call.

Thats a very good call.

I can safely pronounce that I'm not anyone related to Nathan Filllion or Firefly as it would be too obvious.

This is way out there, but couldn't the suited man with friends be Olimar?

I can safely pronounce that I'm not anyone related to Nathan Filllion or Firefly as it would be too obvious.

This is way out there, but couldn't the suited man with friends be Olimar?

That would make sense. Possibly he can make his Pikmin target different people and has some kind of strange power.

Ah, that that clears stuff up then ;).

Edit [00]:

And a general question (again, you'll probably get more of those as I'm the n00b here :P);

trackers, they send in a player's name of who they want to know their targets of. Do they get another player's(=target's) name in return, or that player's (=target's) characters name?

Edit [01]:

My interpretation, breaking it down:

Speedy dark character seems to be able to change targets. Dark reference may simply be an attribute of its appearance, or hint at mafia member? And even though he was not his intended target, the writer knows something about the tattooed man.

The first attack of this night. Since the attack was "brutal" this may be an unsuccesful mafia hit. Then again, this can also be a vigilante. The fact that the tattooed man survives is noteworthy.

It seems someone chose a Ferengi as a character :D :P. The Ferengi looks like a tracker to me. This is why I want to know what kind of reports you get as a tracker. The Ferengi knows something.

The middle paragraph of the write-up confuses me a lot.

"The suited man AND his friends". This seems to be a group apart from the mafia. Not only that we still have the group of 2 people from the prologue.. Unfortunately this group of 3 people was very unsuccesful this night, so we don't know what they were up to. Although what I also find strange, all THREE of them seem to be heading out to do ONE action?? Or they chose to all target the same person? In which case they probably can't kill, so they're either good or neutral. The suited man in particular here gets roleblocked, I'm a bit confused about this part if this depicts 2 actions or one, if this is the woman wearing green drawing him in WHILE watching (suggesting she was not just roleblocking him, but perhaps there was more going on?), or, if the woman wearing green is just watching him, while someone else unmentioned draws him in with the small circle. I'm inclined to believe this is one and the same ability.

Eenuh gets to bake a pie before she gets killed.

Again confused, I'm not sure if in the write-up "the man dressed in white" and "the goodlooking man" are supposed to be the same, but I'm inclined to believe they are. In which case, this here is the last friend of the suited man, also getting roleblocked. We've seen 3 roleblockers this night, since Eenuh died, it's more than likely one of the others is evil, and one neutral.

Eenuh is pushing daisies. Since this is the second attack, it's more than likely one is a mafia member, but the other a vigilante, but which one is which?

I find that gang of 3 intriguing, eventhough they didn't get to do anything this night. But I wonder how it fits with the joined 2 powerful forces of the prologue. I don't think we're dealing with 2 seperate groups of neutrals here, and I don't think the gang of 3 is mafia, and the 2 forces are stated in the prologue not to be mafia.

Hmm.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything myself..

You SO own at this game! :D

Now, the term tracker has before been applied to characters with the ability to find out the target of their target, but the way the verb "to track" is used in the write-up leads me to believe it's synonym for any type of investigative ability, i.e. one character learns the target of his or her target, one learns who targets his or her target, one learns something about his or her target's character etc.

In regard to the dark, speedy character, I don't think it suggest the character is necessarily evil. It seems to be every character mentioned in the write-up has an identifying trait. I think we have to figure out who's evil for ourselves. I think the same goes for the "brutal" hit - it's just an identifying trait. I could be wrong, though.

Regarding the suited person with friends, we don't know what type of suit is meant. My initial thought was Agent Smith, Brown and Jones from The Matrix, but I don't have anything else to base it on, really. If they're one or more actual players, I don't know. What confuses me is that we hear nothing of the actions of the friends ...

... but then again, we don't hear anything about the actions of the man dressed in white, so nothing can be said about that at the moment. I can, however, confirm that the man dressed in white is NOT the same character as the good-looking man.

EDIT: Reading it again, the Agent theory is out the window. The three friends are dressed in a suit, in red and in white, respectively (I see now that you figured that out before - I was just being slow).

That´s strange, I´m not in the write-up, and my power failed. So it is really difficult for me to add anything.

Do we have any leads yet?

It's the small circle thing that intrigues me most. Just cause It's so bizarre/vaguely described.

Speedy dark character seems to be able to change targets

Sounds like the power I had in the X-men mafia, I was Storm and I would pick someone and they would be confused and change targets randomly.

So whoever got confused probably targetted the second character mentioned.

It's the small circle thing that intrigues me most. Just cause It's so bizarre/vaguely described.

Let me guess - someone (ReZ?) has chosen their character as a cockring? :heh:

I know nothing, woo?

Oh, and R.I.P. Eenuh. =(

I want to lynch an inactive.

PS Diageo, are you a member of a mason group/mafia/neutral?

Nothing here, looks like the writer should know something though. ReZ hes 95% sure it was Cube is that you?

ReZ hes 95% sure it was Cube is that you?

He was assuming that I was picking a predictable character. I'm definitely not Richard Castle or anyone related to Firefly. I also have no information to share.