NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Ace! So it's not perma-death? I always assumed it was.

Creepers only come out at night, right?

On PC there is a Hardcore-mode which has perma-death. Haven't found it in the PS4 version. I assume it's not included.

Yup, but they don't burn/die when day begins. ;)

Nope, creepers are daytime as well

Edit: Ah yeah good point @drahkon

Nope, creepers are daytime as well

Woot? Do they spawn during the day, too? I always thought they spawn at night but don't die at daytime.

Edit: Come on, people. You gotta stop with the Ninja-edits :laughing:

Its taking me a while still to get used to playing it on the controller. Im still missing my mouse and keyboard.

Its taking me a while still to get used to playing it on the controller. Im still missing my mouse and keyboard.

I only had problems getting used to the inventory. But once I decided to not use the analogue stick but rather the d-pad everything was much better. : peace:

I only had problems getting used to the inventory. But once I decided to not use the analogue stick but rather the d-pad everything was much better. : peace:

I think for stuff like this I will always prefer the speed of the mouse. Plus I never liked the crafting in the console versions, takes away from it when you dont actually have to place the items yourself and just choose from a list.

I think for stuff like this I will always prefer the speed of the mouse. Plus I never liked the crafting in the console versions, takes away from it when you dont actually have to place the items yourself and just choose from a list.

Yeah, you got a point.

I don't mind the new crafting system. Have played the PC version to death and found most of the recipes out by myself.

So now the new crafting system just makes it a bit easier and quicker.

Yeah, you got a point.

I don't mind the new crafting system. Have played the PC version to death and found most of the recipes out by myself.

So now the new crafting system just makes it a bit easier and quicker.

Yeah to be fair I was probably talking more about other people playing it for the first time. Half of the fun was finding out all these new crafting recipes.

I guess we can still look forward to watching people learn about redstone though :P

I agree with Happ. The console minecraft never captured the magic of PC. The tutorial and crafting recipes erase one of the game's fundamental joys: spawning for the first time with no clue what you're meant to be doing, or what's going to happen.

So its like Terraria? i got bored of that quickly not sure if minecraft would be for me

Terraria has more RPG and fighting content. If you got bored of that quickly, don't buy Minecraft : peace:

Yes, I got killed by an enderman yesterday.

I don't mind the recipes being showed personally. Maybe it would be fun discovering them myself in the beginning, but for the more complex recipes, having to constantly checking wiki, like in Terraria isn't much fun either. Also, although I only played the pc demo for a few minutes, I could only imagine how tedious it had to be place the same items over and over again

With Minecraft, can you play across platforms? Can I play on my laptop and join a PS4 server?

With Minecraft, can you play across platforms? Can I play on my laptop and join a PS4 server?

Unfortunately not. Would be great if you could connect to always on standalone PC servers on PS4.

Do PS4 version even have servers? As in always online and without someone having to keep their console powered 24/7?

Do you take that picture with the share button? I took the picture, but I can find only two options to share, facebook or twitter.

Do you take that picture with the share button? I took the picture, but I can find only two options to share, facebook or twitter.

You can shift the images over from your PS4 to a memory stick and use something like photobucket to shove them on here.

So here's where I'm at now. Not much to look at :p . I already made a mountain castle on PS3 so I decided to camp where I spawned. There's an hill area to the left and you can see the desert in the front, the jungle is at my back and to the right.

Minecraft_PlayStationreg4Edition_20140906200314_zps816cfe3c.jpg

Note to myself, hitting the share button DOES NOT pause the game. Remembered this while taking a dump.

Minecraft_PlayStationreg4Edition_20140906201226_zps3d19f633.jpg

I'm using the fantasy theme, thought I spend some of the money I saved on the PS4 edition.

Edited by Tales

Here's some pics of builds when I played the Xbox, just need to motivate myself to build stuff on PS4!

Castle

922179_10151620280383748_45577997_o.jpg

Pirate Ship

77819_10151253555753748_654129802_o.jpg

Pixel Art

178099_10151253555413748_157295026_o.jpg

Gamertag!

622712_10151252980413748_1436186606_o.jpg

Working Train Station

665117_10151253556713748_99794561_o.jpg

Mine and my Daughter's houses

664580_10151253554203748_1907921846_o.jpg