NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

I finally started playing Minecraft for the first time the other day, after buying it nearly two years ago before they raised the price. Better late than never!

I already have, like, 20+ diamonds. Guys, this game is so easy!

I still have no idea what emeralds are for, and the going rate for emeralds in villages is about 12 wheat, so I'm not convinced they're worth the trouble!

This just shows how long I've been out of the game lolol... emeralds? going rate? Is there a trade system now? Oo (coz I have a massive wheat farm and at least 660 wheat stored).

I think emeralds were only added a month ago or something. You can trade with NPCs if you find a village, but most of them just seemed to want to get rid of their useless emeralds. I don't think there's any way to choose what to trade/trade for.

Using the arrows they might have more than one thing up for trade, and sometimes you can do something like trading wool for emeralds, then emeralds for diamonds. The blacksmith can get you enchanted items etc.. It's not necessarily worth the effort, but it's fun and will hopefully become something a bit meatier in time.

Emeralds, diamonds and some other blocks will be used to make pyramids that emit an AoE buff in the next release.

Thanks. Being Canadian, I actually hate snow levels in games, but I thought I'd include them anyway if only because they look cool off in the distance.

Anyway, I've updated Hemp and Gas to fix the everything-is-a-fuel bug, as well as added Railcraft support.

Right guys ive made a new server again. If any of you want to join me on there then just post a message with your Minecraft account name and I'll add you to the whitelist. Hopefully with there being a bit of a game lull until June some of you will have the time to come on. Its only Vanilla Minecraft for now.

The server address is:

85.236.101.15:31765

I might play on my lunch breaks :) whitelist me yo - shorty2240

Matt_n_Millie

Just started playing on PC.

Added to the whitelist

Been working on my house today. Need to add some more levels and sections to it but this is what ive got so far

2013-05-03_200137.png

Apologies to those who said they'd like to join me on vanilla Minecraft but I was having some annoying issues with that on the server so I have switched over to the Feed the Beast modpack for the server. You are still welcome to join me on it but you will need to download the launcher from http://www.feed-the-beast.com then choose the YogCraft modpack once you are in it. Its just as simple to load as normal Minecraft but gives you a lot more to do.

re-whitelist me yo

Sorry about that, must have forgotten to transfer the whitelist across. Done now.

Just got back into Minecraft but think I'll pass on the mod pack server. Just playing vanilla at the moment. Would be awesome to get a few people playing on a server again though, like 5 or 6.

Just got back into Minecraft but think I'll pass on the mod pack server. Just playing vanilla at the moment. Would be awesome to get a few people playing on a server again though, like 5 or 6.

Thats a shame you wont be joining us. What about just coming on the server anyway but only using vanilla Minecraft stuff? Its not like it used to be with mods where you have to patch everything, this is just downloading one launcher.

Not only is this getting a PS4 port, but it will also be on PS3 and Vita.

It could be great if they have cross-buy and cross-save functionality.

I could never play Minecraft without mods these days but its definitely a massive get for Sony

Vita would be good I think. It's the sort of game that I would either play comprehensively on PC, or casually on a handheld.

Vita would be good I think. It's the sort of game that I would either play comprehensively on PC, or casually on a handheld.

I've never played it myself, but I could totally get this. Of course, I'm basing off my experiences of Terraria that I've heard compared so often.

Where does the online component come in though? You're not always online with a handheld....are you?

Vita online is as comprehensive as the PS3, it's right up there. You're always connected to PSN unless you disable it. Can receive messages and whatnot at any time.

With Minecraft PC you tend to either play offline or join people's hosted games but you can drop in and drop out when you want. At least that's how it was when I last played.

After talking about Minecraft last night with some friends and then seeing the Yogscast using a Stargate mod I decided to try it out for myself. Its pretty awesome. This was just me messing around in creative mode but im looking forward to starting a proper world with the mod installed and building it all up from scratch.

2013-10-20_195459.png

2013-10-20_195516.png

2013-10-20_195544.png

2013-10-20_195555.png