NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

After being interested in this for a while I bought it on Xbox. I had fun so far, already started building my grand castle.

Only thing that I don't like, which just made me turn off the xbox in frustration, is that if you die you lose all your stuff. I was digging a mine to China when I suddenly dropped down in a pitch black cave, filled with monsters. I only had a iron sword and helmet but regardless of equipment I'm sure fear and panic would have killed me anyway.

I'm doing the farming thing right? I tilt the ground, put "seed" in it, and then just wait? How do I harvest? And with sprouts you don't need to tilt the ground, just put them down and wait?

The first rule of Minecraft is to never dig straight down. Also, if you get back to your items fast enough they'll still be there on the ground. In the PC version there's a mod that puts it all in a chest at the place you died so you have as long as you want to get back to it.

In order for the seeds to grow, they have to be within 4 blocks of a water block (either a source block or flowing water). You harvest them like you would break any other block. There's no tool required. You don't harvest them until they turn bright yellow. At that point, they'll drop a wheat item, and usually some seeds. Don't forget to build a fence around them so monsters and animals can't trample on them.

I wasn't digging straight down, but one step down at a time. Thanks for the other tips.

No problem. How did you fall in if you weren't digging straight down though?

I saw hole and went too close or something like that, I don't know, point is I fell down :p

Ah, if you crouch down your character will stop before walking over an edge. It's quite useful for navigating caves, especially around lava.

I just went through my block IDs, and discovered that will all the mods I have installed, I've only got 3 left. Thankfully Red Power only uses a few of them.

Edited by Emasher

i've got a tekkit server if anyone wants to join

its got a whitelist so send me a pm with your username if you want to join

178.239.170.72:25565

i've got a tekkit server if anyone wants to join

its got a whitelist so send me a pm with your username if you want to join

178.239.170.72:25565

I'll join if you still have room.

My minecraft name is the same as my forum name.

Edited by Emasher

Added you both and you are more than welcome. No rules in particular as long as you don't steal or wreck anyone else's stuffs we're all good. (which I know no one here would do) =3

What's the most awe inspiring creation people have stumbled across on YouTube?

cmannn no one else playing minecraft anymore?! :o:(

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on upgrading the server to Tekkit 3.1 soon?

Just out of curiosity, are you planning on upgrading the server to Tekkit 3.1 soon?

done, now 3.1.1.

or not, now its not working -_-

Edited by Raining_again

Set off a few Nukes on a single player world while I was waiting for Raining to fix the server

2012-07-29_155332.png

done, now 3.1.1.

It does require people to use the latest version (which might still be the development one, even though 3.1.1 is now the recommended server version), so yeah, it might be better to wait a few days for that.

How are you guys liking the Tekkit stuff? Haven't tried it yet myself...

I would find it very hard to go back to just vanilla Minecraft from this point. Theres just so much to do in Tekkit, you actually feel like you are progressing more than just hunting for diamond.

I was the opposite, after messing with the Technic pack for a while, tekkit, redpower etc, I liked going back to vanilla. Especially when 1.3 has just come out, so there's new stuff.

After a while in Tekkit you start automating everything, which is the idea, but you tend to stop exploring/creating so much. Also it vastly cheapens the mining part.

I've been playing a number of the technical mods since before Tekkit actually came out, and I really can't go back now. I tried playing on a vanilla server a friend of mine was hosting, but I just found it incredibly boring.

The only thing I really dislike about Tekkit is Equivalency Exchange. It really doesn't fit in with the rest of the stuff, being about magic rather than technology, and it makes some of the features in other mods (especially IC^2's artificial diamonds and UU-Matter) redundant if you use it. It's also rather cheap considering there's no real penalty for just condensing everything. Having to actually find a desert to get large amounts of sand for instance balances the game quite a bit (provided some alchemist hasn't turned the whole thing into glass ;) ) Personally, I don't use the stuff from it, and when I host Tekkit servers, I disable it. Don't get me wrong, on its own, or with other magic mods, it is a great mod, and from my own experience creating mods for Minecraft, I can tell it does some very interesting things, but in Tekkit, it just makes the whole thing unbalanced.

I do find that the other mods in it all work quite well together. Industrial-craft^2 and it's various add-ons add a number of both useful and just plain cool items and blocks. Red Power (Which a lot of people neglect) and Buildcraft add an amazing amount of automation to the game, especially with Red Power's Frames and extensions to the red stone system. Computer Craft of course adds even more automation, but is understandably not used by very many people considering you need to know how to program (mind you, Lua is a really easy language to learn) to make use of it. I do really love being able to password protect the things I build. I don't have quite as much experience with Railcraft, but once you have enough resources to start colonies and such, it adds a much cheaper way of moving energy around with MFSU carts than making tons of glass fiber cable if you have to go long distances.

I'm not going to talk about the smaller mods, since others not knowing much about them gives me a slight advantage on the current server, but there's a lot of other cool stuff in there that just works really well with everything else.

Overall, I'd say it's the best way to play Minecraft these days.

Edit:

I've got a new beta version of my mod out.

It now includes shipwrecks (with treasure), as well as a few new biomes including one that resembles the Canadian shield region, a marsh, and one called foot hills that is basically a forest with less trees and more contrast in elevation (it sort of resembles the terrain generation back in the alpha releases). I've also updated the gas parts, and there are now pipes for the gas to be moved in, gas vents (which don't spawn yet) to obtain large amounts of gas, and gas tanks to store the gas in. The gas doesn't work properly yet though, as it uses random ticks, which are way too slow. A future update should fix the rendering issues with the pipes, as well as actually make the gas system work.

Everything is in one package (with all 3 parts of my mod). It now requires Minecraft Forge. I don't think you need Mod Loader now though, since Forge has the same functionality built in. I don't think you need to override zg.class now either, I'm pretty sure Forge already does that, so don't do it unless the game crashes. To install it, just throw the zip file into your mods folder.

As for compatibility, I still haven't added in configurable IDs for blocks, items, and biomes, so this could cause some issues. If possible, you can change the ids in the config files for other mods. DO NOT however change any config files for mods that you use with a multiplayer server. Aside from that though, it should work with anything that works with forge, as I don't override any base files.

Once again, because there's a lot of new terrain generation (including new biomes), you should start a new world. If you load an old world with my mod installed, it's your own fault if it gets screwed up.

Download Here

Old Post

New Screenshots:

(For more see my original post)

The view from a canyon biome with a marsh, and vanilla jungle in the background, as well as a sand forest off in the distance.

2012-08-07_19.05.05.png

The intersection of a marsh and prairie biome with a summit biome off in the distance.

2012-08-07_19.18.10.png

A sand forest at dusk (or maybe it's dawn, I can't remember).

2012-08-08_18.44.00.png

A shipwreck from above.

2012-08-08_18.52.36.png

Edited by Emasher

done, now 3.1.1.

It's good to see the 3.1.2 update worked out better.

Just a few things though. For some reason, I can't seem to place lava from buckets (this was happening before the update too). I was wondering if you might be able to remove the trade-o-mat that someone put in my pub as well, as only the owner, or an op can destroy those. The safe in there is mine though.

Silly me, updated my minecraft, went to login to R_A's server for the first time and it's outdated, bugger!

Oh well, I was hoping to check and see all the cool things you guys might have made. Another time perhaps.

Silly me, updated my minecraft, went to login to R_A's server for the first time and it's outdated, bugger!

Oh well, I was hoping to check and see all the cool things you guys might have made. Another time perhaps.

It's a Tekkit server. You need to get Tekkit from here: http://www.technicpack.net/

It installs parallel to your main Minecraft install, so you don't have to worry about screwing anything up.

It's a Tekkit server. You need to get Tekkit from here: http://www.technicpack.net/

It installs parallel to your main Minecraft install, so you don't have to worry about screwing anything up.

Hah! Herp derp. I completely forgot it was a tekkit server.

:laughing:

EDIT:

So looked around, looks pretty cool. Few questions:

1. Can I build somewhere within the town (somewhere sensible of course) it looks pretty busy, but I didn't want to build somewhere and find you had plans

2. The mods (such as many items) are we able to use these or are they there just for moderators?

:D

Edited by nightwolf

Thought you guys might appreciate this :p started a hardcore world on the new snapshot and for the seed I thought up 'itsamemario', you start in front of a dungeon and over a ravine!