NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

The Aether mod has been updated for 1.0.0 now and is also forge compatible.

I'm thinking I may need to create a new Jar for this one, as I probably don't have enough block ids left for this in my Industrialcraft/Buildcraft/Flan's Mods setup.

Another awesome mod, changes the world generator to generate a wasteland (no plants, only dead trees, lots of ruins, etc.):

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/386574-100-wasteland-mod-v08-finally-updated-to-100-includes-ruins-20000-downloads/

Edited by Emasher

I made minecraft skins for me and my mate:

Me:

85343625.png

35429049.png

20921350.png

My friend:

37939284.png

51214095.png

I had a lot of fun making them, I should do pixel stuff more often. :)

If anyones still playing minecraft you're all welcome to come on my server :)

188.277.160.130:25582

towny

iconomy

mcmmo

lockette

essentials

citizens (not being used)

Edited by Raining_again

I've been getting back into Minecraft recently. Started building a dome stadium, based on the Superdome in New Orleans.

superdome.jpg

Just laid down the base, barely even started vertically, but looking forward to seeing it finished. :)

I also did my first pixel art. I decided to do the New England Patriots logo.

2000px-New_England_Patriots_logo_svg.png

2012-01-28_044946.png

Pretty happy with it. Didn't take that long at all. :)

I really should get back into playing minecraft, but I find I never have the effort to do on solo, maybe I should get a few adventure maps.

I really should get back into playing minecraft, but I find I never have the effort to do on solo, maybe I should get a few adventure maps.

I find vanilla hardcore mode good fun. You have to be so much more careful, and since you can die of hunger, you need to spend the first day carefully getting tools, a bed and food.

I tried to play a game where I didn't kill any animals, growing wheat and sleeping after the skellies popped up to get bonemeal. Tried to tempt a skeleton out of the water though and took an arrow to the face :heh:

Think I'll upgrade to the latest snapshot and start another now, but in a jungle.

Edit: Jungles are dangerous ಠ_ಠ

Edited by Shorty

I thought I'd bump the thread to put a bit of a spotlight on this awesome mod:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1090288-124-extrabiomesxl-v112-updated-d/

Basically it adds 28 new biomes to the game and there's an add on out for it that adds another 16 on top of that. Now, some of them might just be slight tweaks of existing biomes (for instance one of them is a combination of a jungle and mountain biome) but its still amazing.

Also, 1.3 is apparently going to include the modding API (called plugins) : http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Upcoming_features

That build looks like it took a looooot of effort. But I don't see Midgar at all I'm afraid, doesn't do it for me. A custom texture pack might have helped.

I've been playing a Hardcore game with a Jungle treehouse for quite a while now :D Got 6 Ender Pearls and a Skeleton Grinder, managed to lvl-50 enchant a full suit of diamond armour, sword and bow. Ready to find The End :)

Just installed the Tekkit pack on my PC for Minecraft. Id played around with it before but barely scratched the surface. After watching this video im tempted to try and set up a multiplayer server for it as it adds so much to the game

Just gonna start watching the tutorial videos now as there is so much new stuff to learn!

Ok if there is enough interest then I am planning on starting up a Tekkit server, take a look at the video in my above post if you havent heard of it before and let me know if you'd be interesting in joining in.

With Tekkit its different to other mods as it has its own Launcher so doesnt alter the normal Minecraft folder at all, just creates its own. This also means theres no messing around installing the mods, you just download the launcher and put in your log in details and it does the rest for you.

I'll add some mentions here as I know a lot of people dont check this thread anymore since it was moved from General Chat.

@nightwolf @Shorty @Emasher @ReZourceman @MadDog @Raining_again @Ville @Nintendohnut @Dyson @Debug Mode @Supergrunch @Sheikah @The Peeps

Few examples from my single player world and ive barely scratched the surface so far:

2012-05-01_160114.png

2012-05-01_160126.png

2012-05-01_160144.png

Looks incredible but I don't have the time or patience for it. Once you have it all set up there doesn't seem to be much point in doing anything else too :p no need to go down into mines yourself which was most of the fun for me.

Well not really, as I said ive only scratched the surface so you carry on to the higher level stuff like building jetpacks and quantum armour, making yourself a nuclear reactor to power all your other machines along with other stuff. Thats only the Buildcraft and Industrialcraft parts of Tekkit as well, I havent even touched the forestry or railway mods.

Plus if you like mining then dont use the Quarry :p I only use it to pump all the excess dirt and cobblestone into an alchemic chest so once enough are in there it creates me diamonds.

I'd be game. IndustrialCraft and BuildCraft are easily some of the best mods in the game. Combined with some of that other stuff like Computer Craft (amazing if you know how to program), this could be interesting.

I've gotten to the point where I only really enjoy Hardcore mode now. I'm starting on a new server with my colleague with no Op controls and banning on death.

Once I get bored of that, I'll probably check out Tekkit :)

I was hoping that the 360 version of Minecraft would revitalize my interest but I was disappointed to learn that it's 1600 points and at version beta 1.6.6

Looks incredible but I don't have the time or patience for it. Once you have it all set up there doesn't seem to be much point in doing anything else too :p no need to go down into mines yourself which was most of the fun for me.

You don't have to use the quarries. And there are a few tools included with IndustrialCraft that really improve mining. Like A drill that works as both a pickaxe and a shovel, and is better than the diamond versions of those, and never breaks, just has to be recharged.

I'd be interested, I'm currently just casually playing Minecraft, so I'd love to give Tekkit a bash.

Wow, those mods look friggin' awesome! I do want to give this a try at some point, but got other things to do at the moment as well...

Downloaded the Techniclauncher. What is the difference between Technic and Tekkit? Is Technic like Tekkit but with other things?