NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Yeah, it's just creation mode, no animals or creepers or caves or anything like that! But it is in alpha, so there's still lots to come!

The android version has been out ages and is still like that :heh:

It's not bad or anything but it's not worth a fiver.

Can't wait until the full version comes out and all the big mods get updated to support it. I'm thinking I might start a world with BuildCraft, IndustrialCraft, Flan's Mods, and Aether installed (provided there aren't conflicts between those).

You should get the Technic Pack the Yogcast guys have been putting together, thats got Buildcraft and Industrialcraft along with a couple of others I think that all work well together.

It turns out its 2.* so no wires and gates, but its inevitable that the update will be implemented eventually.

Does anyone happen to know what the mod is called that converts between Buildcraft power and Industrialcraft power?

Also, Minecon live stream: http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1212578p1.html

Edited by Emasher

Yeah ive given up watching the stream, just waiting for twitter to tell me that the full versions out now

Its out now, but the Mojang servers have effectively been DDoSed by everyone trying to download the game at once.

I actually managed to download the update really easily and straight away. Just starting a new world now.

Game just scared the crap out of me, id forgotten new sounds had been added and when my pickaxe broke it sounded like I was being shot by an arrow.

It seems to run a bit better on my PC, lot less lag. Still looking forward to Optifine and the other mods being updated though.

I love how Minecraft Wiki's description of all the 1.0.0 features are actually all the features from the 1.9 pre-releases.

Welp, how underwhelming, but that was pretty much the name of the game, we were beta testing it! Just slightly annoying how we still lack Adventure Mode (the adventure update was to lay down the foundation) and an actual use for NPC villagers.

I am thankful for the fixes made regarding performance though, it has progressively gotten better since 1.9.5 pre-release.

Well to be fair I'm not suprised the features are being listed under the 1.00 release see as the 1.9 stuff was never properly released as updates

Well to be fair I'm not suprised the features are being listed under the 1.00 release see as the 1.9 stuff was never properly released as updates

That's technically right, no argument there.

But.. most of this stuff was actually planned for the 1.8 release, but of course, they figured because they hadn't updated in a while and they had already delayed 1.8 by about a week, they'd just include it in 1.9.

And now.. 1.9 only existed as pre-release updates, only to become the full version of the game. It's just incredibly underwhelming knowing that some features we were hoping to receive back in September still hasn't made it in to the game on its official release.

Ah well. We all knew the game 'phases' were just a formality any way in Mojang's case(considering beta should mainly be bug fixes, not massive content updates). Their development phases are basically like year long sales, the quicker you buy it, the cheaper it is and they've now called time up on buying it at a discount price =P

I will look into mods when they are patched to work with 1.0.

If I'm still awake in 45 minutes I'll watch the Minecon Stream to have a look at Scrolls.

Anyone else been reading Notch's tweets? He is really not happy with the Yogscast guys for their attitude and actions at Minecon.

Thanks Shorty, I did mean to reply with those.

There are also two posts on Reddit, one which is backing up Notch and another is more on the Yogscast's side. Both are from people who were working at Minecon (I'll try and find them later)

Personally I think it's probably been blown a bit out of proportion. I think some of the things Notch is talking about were supposed to have been said sarcastically in an interview. The Yogscast guys have said they'll post a proper reply once they get back to the UK anyway.

i see the enchantment table is written in the standard galactic alphabet!! winwinwin.

I'll come on the server if you'll have meh? :) username is hannata :)

yer right about that too, i forgot this thread even existed and i ignore the ridiculous update/quote/tag things

Yeah i'll add you to the whitelist.

The server has been updated but it has a lot of errors at the moment when you try to log in so im just gonna wait until the full bukkit 1.00 release is out before I restart it for us.

The Notch and Yogscast spat is all a massive troll or Notch is just having a major hissyfit.

The tweet he made about them supposedly telling some kid that they were going to scribble out Notch's signature and write 'fuck you' sounds like pure grade A bullshit.

I don't even like Yogscast that much, but Notch's tweets just sound like he heard a rumour from some one and decided to bitch about it.