NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

It's really not a big deal. The server already has plenty of players, we have a community. If a Minecraft thread in general wasn't bringing any new players in or any old players back over the last few weeks, it never would. Keep posting, keep it alive and it'll be good for the forum :) Anyone with an interest in the game will seek the thread out.

With the game potentially winging its way to XBLA, it might find itself in Other Consoles which is a bit busier.

Ah yeah I forgot PC gaming is encompassed in other consoles now (even though a PC is not a console...)

I have some lapis lazuli I can donate for that, unless you're intending to use admin powars.

Actually, it's probably not all that much...

Yeah ive already finished playing adventure mode on the server, pretty much did everything I could with my house and mining etc so im just trying to build stuff now.

Once everyone else has gotten bored of adventure mode i'll be giving everyone the power the spawn items and then hopefully we can start the community project we talk about every now and again.

I think really we're all just building stuff anyway, so it'd be nice to be able to spawn items and fly.

I'll do some pixel art eventually, still messing with my house and I'll make sure ships for the dock too.

Actually my flying ability is clientside so if you guys want that you'd have to install it yourselves. The admin flying power is terrible.

Well that sucks.

Anyway, did you sort out the voice chat thing? (mumble if i recall, my brain isn't functioning.).

Ok I think ive got the Mumble server up and running now, havent been able to test it yet though so you guys can do that.

Mumble Server IP:

Mumble Server Port:

There is also a password to allow you to connect but obviously I dont just wanna post it in here for all to see. Anyone interested in using the mumble server PM me and i'll give you the password for it.

Tbh, I don't think I'll be in the server much more. I'm not really interested in creative-mode style play, I'm more into the survival gameplay. But every time I come onto N-E the buildings have tripled in size. I feel like Fry stuck in the freezer in the Futurama pilot.

The only person doing the creative style building is me so if all the other buildings are getting bigger the people doing it are doing it the proper way

Oh I know, I worded it poorly, I meant the "But" to be more of an "And".

I have another server, where it's just two of us and things move slowly. I prefer it because your achievements aren't instantly dwarfed by people with more free time :p

Anyway, I hadn't contributed anything to the server so I'm just saying my x/8 spot is free if it's needed.

I don't think there's a limit to the size of the whitelist, there just can't be more than 8 on the server at any one time, which hasn't been a problem as far as I know. Either way, I'm also much more into the survival gameplay.

Right, as I havent seen anyone on the server in days im probably going to start a new world at the weekend and turn it into a build project. If you want to be left on the whitelist to help work on any projects we decide to do then let me know, otherwise i'll probably be wiping it to make room for others that will use it more. Obviously id still rather have you guys on there so if you do want to join in make sure you say it.

The problem is, you guys just went into an overdrive, BUILD ALL OF THE THINGS mode. Totally rinsing it out, not moderating your play of the game, so you got tired of it quickly.

If it was just a nice, slow moving project, you could watch it grow in a nice and refined way. But people were seeing an empty patch of land and turning it into a massive tower as soon as possible. None of the buildings matched, nobody levelled the area first, and you picked the first place to build that you could find from the spawn.

That's why I much prefer my little two-man server that we mostly work on during lunch breaks.

The much more likely explanation is that Minecraft gets boring. It's fun to play every now and then, but the game is ultimately quite repetitive and the updates don't exactly bring revolutionary changes that make you see the game in a different light. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but there's only so many buildings you can craft and so many ores you can mine before you get a little bored. It's fun for me, every now and again.

I hardly think being told to only build a one storey house as opposed to a two storey would have made me think "Gods! This game has such lasting appeal!"

My PC died, I didn't get bored of it :(.

I was quite sad to realise I'd been booted off minecraft whilst I was away and then couldn't find the thread again. Sad times.

I'm well up for creating massive projects, but we definitely need more direction rather than just random things :)

Yeah there's going to be a lot more direction, that's the point of it becoming a build server. I think to start with we're just gonna go for a town in a flattened out area.

I'll add you back to the whitelist then Nightwolf and let you know when we're gonna start work.

Awesome, I'm not back to my house until Sunday and I'm not sure when my computer should be there, but I'll let you know here, I much prefer building on minecraft :)

Just giving the Buildcraft mod a try at the moment, definitely going to have to watch some instruction videos for this one!