NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Anyone been following the Minecraft Experiment on the PC Gamer website?

Its basically just a guy starting off for the first time playing Minecraft and writing whats happening but hes decided that if he dies then thats it, he deletes the world and starts again. A lot of his experiences so far are all too familiar!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/20/the-minecraft-experiment-day-1-chasing-waterfalls/

Anyone been following the Minecraft Experiment on the PC Gamer website?

Its basically just a guy starting off for the first time playing Minecraft and writing whats happening but hes decided that if he dies then thats it, he deletes the world and starts again. A lot of his experiences so far are all too familiar!

http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/11/20/the-minecraft-experiment-day-1-chasing-waterfalls/

Enjoyable read, really want to get back into this, but...can't...leave...GT5...:bouncy:

I can't get on at the moment, but it just updated AGAIN so that may be to blame. Also, the remove of the /home command is like a dagger through the heart. Especially as some people had their home set to the snow land. So that sucks.

Mcoy please get online to update! :D

I can't get on at the moment, but it just updated AGAIN so that may be to blame. Also, the remove of the /home command is like a dagger through the heart. Especially as some people had their home set to the snow land. So that sucks.

Mcoy please get online to update! :D

Notch did an update yesterday evening. The hey0 plugins had to follow (thats why it doesn't connect) and apparently they were out last night but caused chaos. So it took time to get them fixed. They should be working now because i've updated my own server (which everyone is welcome to join fyi) and its in fully functioning order.

Yeah I think we mentioned that when we first started the new map, not sure if its an actual design choice or we just got really lucky with our original city location.

Yeah I think we mentioned that when we first started the new map, not sure if its an actual design choice or we just got really lucky with our original city location.

It happens generally with the new design. I'm not too pleased about it. I preferred exploring natural caves. :(

If we do ever get around to starting another city (not the xmas one) then would anyone be interested in doing it like in the pictures below, with set areas marked out etc to make it look more professional? I quite like the look of it and wouldnt mind giving it a try at some point.

11607153.jpg

Picture8-1.png

Looks good, but it's a hell of a job just preparing the grounds, is it not?

Yeah but I think with so many of us just wandering around everytime we log on I think a project like this could be good.

I think it's definitely a good idea, we can all help out sorting the area and then get spots to build our own stuff on. When do we start?

I think it's definitely a good idea' date=' we can all help out sorting the area and then get spots to build our own stuff on. When do we start?[/quote']

I guess we figure out how many people are interested, find an area we could flatten out and then decide how big to make the individual areas so everyone does it evenly.

Yeah that's an awesome idea, as long as people stick to it. Mcoy is actually reformatting his PC as we speak but I'll send him this way asap.

It worked for me yesterday!

Also I think that's an awesome idea! It makes it a lot fairer/easier to travel. Nice wide roads would make it awesome, and we could have a large 'park' area in the middle with all kinds of different plant life and a lake and shit. Also if we're near water we could have a harbour, which would be cool. Aaaaand also we could set aside some land for farming - we're going to need rations when mobs are added! :P

Overall I think this is an amazing idea. I suggested something similar before for when we started the current city, but without awesome pictures to back it up it was ignored :D

Flattening the land takes a LOT of time, as me and fish can testify, but with a team of lots of people and a big 'ole stack of TNT it wouldn't be too difficult. We didn't have any for our plain!

Also, fish: let me know when you want to start on that project :) I'll be free-ish over christmas so it would be awesome to do it. A big fort with Princess Peach's castle in the middle is the plan. Who's in? :)

Ok cool, glad to see people are interested then.

I think what we need to do next is find a good wide area, most likely a forest biome as those tend to be the flattest then arrange a time to meet mcoy on there so we can take him to the area then he could set up a warp point.

Yeah, although cutting down the trees would be a right arse.

Also, from the horrible experience that was making the plain, I can tell you it's much easier to put blocks in to make an area flat than mine them out. The disadvantage is that there is a big wide hole under the city. We'll need a lot of TNT :)