NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

The Yogscast have posted their response:

We’re sure many of you have seen or heard about Notch’s post-Minecon tweets, which were not what we expected to see when we got off the plane from Minecon – we’ve had a sleep now and recovered a bit, so this is our response:

We are very disappointed by these tweets from someone we admire and respect. We can understand that it was the morning after the deadmau5 party and Notch was very tired, but we are still fairly upset. The quotes and actions that Notch attributed to us were not said by us or published anywhere by us. Therefore we are surprised and confused about where this stuff has come from - especially since the only time we spoke to Notch was at the interview.

Regarding dropping f-bombs at the show - we apologise for this, but had rehearsed the whole show in front of the organisers and half of Mojang and they had approved it. We were given no guidelines or oversight in the weeks leading up to Minecon and there were ample opportunities at the rehearsal for Mojang to inform us of problems, such as being careful about swearing, which is pretty common in our youtube videos.

Out of all the tweets that Notch sent out, most hurtful was the accusation that we told a kid to “fuck off” and crossed out another signature – which is something we would never ever do.

We loved spending time with fans and were overwhelmed by how many people were there to support us and give us gifts. Simon has enough Jaffas to last him until the middle of 2012. The problem was that Minecon is a new show and organisation was pretty bad, and when we came to the scheduled signing sessions, nothing had been set up for us and we had to scrabble around to fetch tables, ropes and pens ourselves. With some younger kids around, it was our priority to make sure everything was safe, as we have seen injuries in the past.

This lack of organization contributed to long and confused lines and we were heartbroken to have to turn away so many people when we ran out of time. Simon can only handle a certain amount of time between cups of coffee and nicotine tablets before collapsing, but we made a real effort to get out there and managed to do about six hours of signing. Although we were frustrated, we would never have treated fans in the way that Notch suggested we did.

We were also unhappy and surprised that a week before Minecon, Mojang informed us that they had sold the rights to livestream our show and content to IGN – they hadn’t asked us, they hadn’t spoken to us – they just sold it. Because of this, we nearly cancelled the trip, but decided to say “balls to it” and come anyway, because we felt we owed it to the fans. Hannah actually spoke with IGN directly earlier, and they agreed to take their video down and let us put the videos up on our channel, so a big thanks to them for that.

We were not paid, and never demanded to be paid. We asked for some support, and Mojang said they could offer us two hotel rooms for the duration of the stay and a small boardroom to rest in. We spent a huge amount of money on flights, rooms, food and equipment for the 10 people that we brought along to support us, act as security, make videos/posts and generally help out. We also gave away 100 special t-shirts for free.

The reason we came to Minecon is because we wanted to thank you guys and meet the community that we love and are a part of. We couldn’t have gotten to where we are now without you guys, and so we decided to eat the costs of attending and just have fun. This is why we spent our panel giving a voice to loads of talented people that couldn’t attend but have made Minecraft what it is today.

We’re not gonna stop making videos, not going to stop loving you guys, and hopefully we’ll see you at more gaming conventions in the future.

Lewis & Simon & Hannah

They seem to be coming off better than Notch is anyway now that weve heard both sides. A lot of fans (even ones who hadnt heard of the Yogscast before) seem to be annoyed at how Notch handled this.

EDIT: In fact, heres Notch's response to their statement and its just pissed more people off judging by the comments:

c32bh82 Edited by Happenstance

yo sup me again not posted in ages any chance i can come on the server?

Also if you go where my old house was and go down to the mine and as soon as you go down the ladder there is a wall on the left. Destroy the wall and there should be a chest look inside the chest.

I think it was there anyway lol

yo sup me again not posted in ages any chance i can come on the server?

Also if you go where my old house was and go down to the mine and as soon as you go down the ladder there is a wall on the left. Destroy the wall and there should be a chest look inside the chest.

I think it was there anyway lol

That map isnt there anymore.

And its still a no.

I have to be honest, I couldn't really get into Minecraft, but I absolutely loved and adored everything about it. It looks beautiful, the soundtrack is wondrous, it's just an absolute masterpiece, is what it is. Amazing, amazing game... I almost feel ashamed I can't seem to like it!

Ok then after some initial problems with the Minecraft release and then the with ClanForge the server is now back up and running as an Adventure server! We've got no mods running yet but hopefully things like /sethome and /warp should work, I just havent had a chance to test them yet.

Ive added everyone I could find from the last time to the whitelist but if you want to play and cant get on just let me know and i'll add you.

For those who havent used the server before or dont have the IP address anymore, here it is:

46.20.119.132:26265

Ok you've been added. Just hoping other people notice the server is up soon, I havent seen anyone on there yet! (Still blaming Shorty for moving the thread!)

I downloaded the minecraft pocket edition lite and actually had a lot more fun than I expected. Not sure its worth paying the "high for ios" price that it is for the full version when there is nothing other than the building but if they patch it up to anything approaching the PC version I'd be more happy just the basic day and night structure and defending would be enough.

Man wish my PC wasn't the shittest thing in the world and could actually run this.

I went on the server today, looks like the only person who's been on is Happenstance. I was expecting to see a big city like the old one :P I love how unmodified the server is though, I started building my house in the sticks but it's so lonely, and I'm no good at defending myself without a bit of armor.

It'd be really nice to see some familiar faces about so if anyone fancies a bit of spelunkage then I'll be online :)

I'll do a load of mentions pleading with everyone to join us on the server now its on 1.01, its runs out mid Dec and obviously there wont be a reason for me to pay for it again if there are no players!

@nightwolf @Goafer @Dyson @Raining_again @Ville @Emasher @Debug Mode @Supergrunch @Nintendohnut @Sheikah @The Peeps (Sorry if I forgot anyone, hopefully you'll make your way back to the thread anyway)

Ah it's fully updated now? Sweet! Ever since I foolishly gave in to the 1.9 pre-releases I haven't been able to join most servers and was too lazy to rectify it heh.

I should be on throughout this month depending on the Job situation. If it goes well, I probably wont be on. If it goes terribly, I'll probably spend entire days moping around the server heh.

Ah it's fully updated now? Sweet! Ever since I foolishly gave in to the 1.9 pre-releases I haven't been able to join most servers and was too lazy to rectify it heh.

I should be on throughout this month depending on the Job situation. If it goes well, I probably wont be on. If it goes terribly, I'll probably spend entire days moping around the server heh.

.....Dont know which one to hope for now :p

.....Dont know which one to hope for now :p

Haha don't worry, either way I'll be sure to play as much as I can!

Hey chuck, sorry but I only really want to be playing if it's like the building server we had before.

As for the whole Notch vs yogscast..

I'm on yogscast tbf, as soon as Notch posted on Twitter he went into the unprofessional bin, not to mention his ''comeback'' was lame and he didn't respond pretty much anything to it.

He sounds a bit of a jackass to be honest, pitiful.

Thanks for the mention but my free time has taken a bit of a dive :p and any I get is already allocated to Skyward Sword and Mariokart 7!

Ok, so... I pretty much have enough diamond to last me an eternity, I have a ridiculous amount of pigs, sheep and cows, and a huge wheat and sugar cane plantation.

I've mined obsidian to make an enchantement table and get to the nether... I've explored the nether and I've know come to a point where all I can think of is... "Now what?"

So... what else is there, besides The End?

Ok, so... I pretty much have enough diamond to last me an eternity, I have a ridiculous amount of pigs, sheep and cows, and a huge wheat and sugar cane plantation.

I've mined obsidian to make an enchantement table and get to the nether... I've explored the nether and I've know come to a point where all I can think of is... "Now what?"

So... what else is there, besides The End?

There are tons of mods that offer late game type stuff. Buildcraft for instance allows you to automate quite a bit of production (You can build factories, automatic mines, etc.) but you need a lot of resources to build some of the stuff, so it tends to be better once you're at the stage you're at. Unfortunately, you're going to have to regenerate the bits of the map you haven't built on, as oil (added with Buildcraft) only shows up on chunks generated after you installed the mod. Its also recently been released for 1.0.0. There are a few other mods like Industrialcraft^2 and RedPower that go quite well with it, but I don't think they've been updated yet. Industrialcraft also has the same problem of having to regenerate areas you haven't built on though, as it adds new ores to the game, plus rubber trees.

There are tons of mods that offer late game type stuff. Buildcraft for instance allows you to automate quite a bit of production (You can build factories, automatic mines, etc.) but you need a lot of resources to build some of the stuff, so it tends to be better once you're at the stage you're at. Unfortunately, you're going to have to regenerate the bits of the map you haven't built on, as oil (added with Buildcraft) only shows up on chunks generated after you installed the mod. Its also recently been released for 1.0.0. There are a few other mods like Industrialcraft^2 and RedPower that go quite well with it, but I don't think they've been updated yet. Industrialcraft also has the same problem of having to regenerate areas you haven't built on though, as it adds new ores to the game, plus rubber trees.

I meant before moving on to mods, you know, what else is there to explore within the core game? I haven't dabbled in Redstone circuits, and haven't checked out the end yet, but I get a feeling that's pretty much all I'm missing within the core game.

But yeah, as soon as I'm done with Skyrim, I'll move on to the mods on this. ^^

What the... my chest room just completely vanished except for one chest, which was mostly filled with leftover crap like bones and eggs... the whole thing's in ruins... What the hell? I just lost everything I had... I got in (closed door) and there were two creepers inside... needless to say, they exploded and all my items fell to the bottom of my main mine shaft (my chest room was right above it, two layers of cobblestone between them), by the time I got down there (bedrock) there was only a set of planks left.

WHAT THE FUCK??? Why are creepers spawning inside my chest room??? It's locked and well lit... Fuck this game, this is just cheap as shit. What gives? =/

Everyone who's not on the Minecraft server should in fact be on the Minecraft server.

For your information that's everyone.

(....except me)

I went on the server briefly and saw Happenstance's house - I may be on some more later if I get some free time that isn't spent playing Skyrim.

Sorry forgot to mention but the server is down for a while as theyre doing repairs on the London ones and looks like theyve run into some kind of trouble. I'll post again when its back up and running.