NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

I've been playing the 1.9 per-release 3 for a while now. Is anyone else seeing the 1x1 bedrock to height limit towers of glass? I'm also seeing enderman spawn during the day. One of them fled as soon as I looked at it rather than attacking me. Strange.

I r logging on now, can't wait to see how new pc handles it :D

EDIT: What zee heck happenstance, whats going on? Are we building or what? :P

Edited by nightwolf

Right an area has been cleared now to start building, anyone else gonna join me and nightwolf (and hopefully Goafer)?

I assume we are still going with a simple town style to start with so we need to figure out what style buildings we want for it and which buildings we want along with the homes.

Does anyone know if 1.9 PR 4 broke build craft. I was able to get it working in PR 3, but I can't seem to do that with PR 4, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, or if its just not possible.

Ok then obviously we arent getting anything done here (my fault, been obsessed with Persona 4 and Batman!) so lets just agree now on mostly wooden houses and try to get this town started. Build whatever buildings you want in the area but try and keep it so it makes sense. The /give commands work for everyone now so you just need to look up item ids to get your stuff. The spawn point should be inside the cleared out area now as well.

As before, if anyone else wants to join in and help with this just let me know and i'll add you to the white list. We really could use some more builders!

I wanna start Minecrafting again, is anyone running a server nowadays or is the N-E Minecraft era dead?

Minecraft 1.0 is out on Friday and beta 1.9 pre 6 has an "ending", so there should be some renewed interest. I still play on a 2 man server at work a lot :)

Seeing as Minecraft is finally getting its proper release as @Shorty mentioned I'll be changing the server back to an Adventure one once its all updated (@nightwolf i'll save our build world so we can carry on with it at a later time). So as usual I need to know who is interested in coming back so I can put them on the whitelist. Hopefully you'll all want to so we can test out the full version of the game!

I'll mention as many as I can remember here so you see this message as I dont think we get as many people in the thread as we used to after the move.

@Raining_again @Goafer @Dyson @The_Peeps @Emasher @Tyson @Supergrunch @Sheikah @Nintendohnut @The_fish @Debug_Mode @Ganepark32

Edited by Happenstance

I'd love to be put on the whitelist, but I'm not sure how much I'll be on. I recently acquired AC: Revelations, so that will probably take up a lot of my time. Still, it would be great to get back into it again!

I also have a friend who has recently got massively into Minecraft and was asking whether he can play multiplayer. I know there have been some problems with non-forumites on the server before, so I will make very sure that he knows that griefing will get him booted off and tbh he's not really that sort of person. I'll find out his username and post it here, and as long as it's okay with you guys can you add him? If not, no worries, but he's in that obsessive phase right now so will likely be on a lot :)

Yeah it would probably be alright, just let me know his Minecraft username.

@Supergrunch the server probably wont be switched over for about a week anyway. Once the full version is released we still have to wait for the server guys to update and maybe even bukkit if we want warp points and stuff.

I think I'll pass this time. The lag was terrible on the 1.8.1 server for me when I tried it.

I'm very intrigued about what's going to be different from RC2 and 2.0 (full release).

I hope they finally give villager NPC's a purpose because they have been extremely underwhelming considering what was promised.

Full release is going to be called 1.0 fyi, and I don't think you're going to see anything big changing like that over the next 2 days. Unless they've got a lot of surprises up their sleeves, what they're going to release isn't really anywhere near complete enough to be considered a final game.

Lets put it this way, if you just happened upon Minecraft 1.0 next week and had never heard of it, downloaded it and started it, yep it would be a fantastic experience. But you shouldn't need to go to the internet to learn how recipes work, and you shouldn't come across half finished aspects of the game. How confused would you be when you find a village and it does nothing? How would you ever figure out how to get to The End? :/

Thing is though figuring stuff out for yourself was actually one of the big things in Minecraft that I think Notch actually wanted.

Yeah but I don't think you could figure out how to make a cake or a piston or an enchantment table :3

I'll probably only bother with the build world we were on tbh, but it was fun.

Let me know if you want to continue with it.

Just an FYI for iOS people: the Pocket Edition is out now! £5 for a *really* basic version of Minecraft is a bit steep... although apparently they're going to update it to be on par with the PC version over time.

Edit: So I caved in and bought it, and this is the first thing I built:

photogl.png

Edited by ShavenWolf

Just an FYI for iOS people: the Pocket Edition is out now! £5 for a *really* basic version of Minecraft is a bit steep... although apparently they're going to update it to be on par with the PC version over time.

Edit: So I caved in and bought it, and this is the first thing I built:

photogl.png

So this only has creation done of the day night cycles and bad guys right? I think I will hold out till it's updated