NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

I have to agree with Happenstance. Maybe we should make themed zones as warp points for us all to build in. For example, our current city's theme is clearly "gray". Maybe next we should go somewhere more whimsical. Maybe a Christmas themed zone in a snowy area?

Yeah id definately be up for a Christmas area in a snow biome. Now we just gotta find one, ive searched over 3 or 4 Islands and had no luck so far.

I've got an amazing one set as my home. It's not *too* far from the city either. Whenever Mcoy pops his head in I'll ask him if he can set a warp up there.

Okay so the MP's been updated to include player damage. So it's all about to kick off in MP with things like falling, downing and being set on fire becoming serious problems. Ah well! I think he's also fixed damage for mobs, meaning we can now actually kill animals without setting them on fire. So that's good. Still, if we turn monsters on I'm going to have to secure my house a little better, so please let me know when you decide to turn them on. Ta!

I agree. I think just building up a city is fun for a while but we keep getting to points where we've built our stuff and don't know what to do next.

I think actually needing to survive the nights would force us to build differently and all huddle together for warmth while creepers hiss outside the windows of our communal NE survival hut.

I'm a bit worried at how often the day/night cycle is going to occur.. I wonder if there's any way we can extend it? I'd guess not as it's built in to the game but I'll speak to Mcoy.

This is great news. It's just been about making awesome buildings up until now - now they gotta be practical too :D

And lose all your items! So be careful, only take with you what you need.

I'm scared for when I get back into this now. I've been so used to just messing around and not worrying what would happen that I think this could really mess me up.

I have plans for my next build ready, as soon as my computer comes I'll be back on.

Ok so I'm having some bother with my game.... im not able to collect any resources, and some other funky things...

*sighface*

will the server person do me a big favour plzzzz :)

Apparently this will fix it:

As the admin for my server, I went into the server bin folder, then clicked the world folder, then players, and deleted the players' names in that folder. Worked great. Just put your whole inventory in a chest or something, as this will delete everything on your character.

Would Mcoy be ever so lovely and put raining_again on the whitelist plz. My account is bolloxed and I had to create a new one. Much thanks :)

Has the game seemed anymore buggy to you guys since the update? I was just on this morning and the sound effects were terrible and it was all running a bit slower than usual.

It's been okay for me. Some minor slowdown when I warped to the snow area as it loaded the landscape but that's it really.

Also Mcoy could we have a second warp point somewhere nearish to the conservation area/flat plain/my house please? :) Almost entirely selfish I know, but I figured that people spend so long getting over there from the city warp point it may be easier to have a second one... if not it's no problem :)

Has the game seemed anymore buggy to you guys since the update? I was just on this morning and the sound effects were terrible and it was all running a bit slower than usual.

Yeah i've noticed stuff this morning, seems that notch has done an update and its filled the game with (more) bugs :(

I know its an alpha but i'm sadface at not being able to play at all at the moment

When you guys warp places do you ever get loads of stoves appear on screen for a second before everything loads? I asked Raining and Martinist earlier and neither of them have had it happen:

stoves.jpg

If you set draw distance to the furthest one and look around you'll see stoves as far as the eye can see, floating in the air. Just some weird graphics glitch I think.

So, in answer to your question: Yes. Yes I do.

Yeah I get the stove thing too, I quite like it actually.

Hopefully my computer comes this week and I can get back into playing this. I've missed it over the last few weeks.

Server's been updated again. Notch says the following bugs have been fixed:

* Swords and other weapons now deal damage properly

* Added proper hurt animations and sounds to mobs and players

* Fixed dead players logging in as invisible ghosts

* Made arrows visible and deal damage

* Hoes now produce proper seeds

* Creepers make noises and animate before exploding

* Explosions animate properly

* No more infinite free arrows

* Server logging now appends to server.log rather than overwriting it

* Buttons and levers (and a few other blocks probably, it’s a general solution) animate properly

* Fixed minecarts (and pigs!) moving twice as fast as they should when ridden.

* The join server screen now remembers the last entered ip

* Increased chunk saving frequency on the server

* Leaving sneak mode no longer triggers a million sounds

* You can now see sneaking players

* Names of sneaking players aren’t visible through walls, and are visible a much shorter distance

* Snowballs!!

These all sound awesome :) Currently getting the 'outdated client' message though, which is a shame. I'm gonna kill me some animals!