NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

I bought this before realizing that my Mac couldn't play it at night time so I'm pretty much buggered until I get another Windows PC. Anyone want to hijack my account until then?

I bought this before realizing that my Mac couldn't play it at night time so I'm pretty much buggered until I get another Windows PC. Anyone want to hijack my account until then?

Shotgun? :heh:

This looks soooo interesting. Shame that I still don't have a paypal account :hmm:

Edit: Watched a whole lot of videos and I can see myself having lots and lots of fun with this game...I NEED THIS GAME.

You don't need a paypal account, I don't have one - paypal can work like the checkout system of any other website.

Anyway, I'm up for setting up some kind of NE server - I haven't done much multiplayer yet.

So is everyone who is singing this games praises playing the game that you have to pay for OR playing Minecraft Classic for free?

You don't need a paypal account, I don't have one - paypal can work like the checkout system of any other website.

Thanks, I didn't notice that.

Since I'm lazy:

1. When I buy the game, I'll buy the single-player and multi-player version right?

2. Will I get updates forever? Not possible expansion-packs but patches?

3. It really is worth it, isn't it?

So is everyone who is singing this games praises playing the game that you have to pay for OR playing Minecraft Classic for free?

The paid Alpha version - I've hardly played Classic. It's the survival aspect that I like the most.

Thanks, I didn't notice that.

Since I'm lazy:

1. When I buy the game, I'll buy the single-player and multi-player version right?

2. Will I get updates forever? Not possible expansion-packs but patches?

3. It really is worth it, isn't it?

1. Yes, you get everything.

2. Yep, the whole thing plus additions will be yours forever.

3. Yep, I've already got significantly more fun out of the game than many £30 console titles.

Ive finally got around to trying out the free version but its running a bit slowly at times for me. Do any of you guys get that at all and do you know if it would be any better with the paid for downloaded version?

One-man Minecraft developer Markus 'Notch' Persson has clarified his plans to found his own studio, despite meetings with Valve and Bungie.

The Swedish programmer made headlines this week when it was revealed that his sandbox building and survival title was earning up to $350,000 a day.

At the time of writing, Persson had sold 278772 copies of the online-only game, at €9.95 each. This equals lifetime earnings of $3,787,748 at the current exchange rate.

The game, currently in alpha, will see an increased price when it moves to beta and then final release.

Despite these earnings, Persson has remained relaxed about his game – shrugging off piracy and even making it free to play for several days following a server collapse.

Once the registration servers came back online, the game saw 25,936 purchases within 24 hours.

However, Persson has lamented the reduced time he is able to spend updating the game following its break-out success.

"Most my time these days is taken up by meetings and lawyers, accountants, banks, potential partners, potential employees, and the occasional interview," he claimed yesterday. "The few hours I do have to develop the game every now and then are mostly spent on looking into bugs and replying to emails."

As a result, he intends to form a full studio. "The status right now is that we're up to four people confirmed, and we're talking to several people.

"All this non-development work will result in a much nicer working environment, with talented people helping out with development, an actual office, and a much better way to deal with support issues, bug reports and feature requests."

Persson and his team are already working on a second, unannounced project.

From GamesIndustry.

Nothing but respect for this guy!

Mcoy was inspired to play this game again, Mcoy is actually find it quite hard to build a fort and mine which isn't overrun easily by mutants nightly, regardless fort Mcoy will be constructed on a hill, so mighty and powerful.

Edited by Brian Mcoy

so he is charging more when it makes beta and more when its properly ready, do people who bought it now have to rebuy it or pay a "top up" fee?

http://www.minecraft.net/prepurchase.jsp/

When Minecraft is finished, it will sell for €20.00.

If you pre-purchase now during alpha, you pay just €9.95!

The price will go up at beta.

Please note that when you buy the game, you're paying for the game as it is right now!

You will receive any and all future updates for free as a bonus. Read the copyright information for more information.

Please log in or register to pre purchase.

(Click here to buy the game for someone other than yourself)

Here's what you get:

You never have to pay again!

You get all future versions of the game, including all expansions and addons.

You help fund the development of Minecraft

Custom skins in multiplayer

Once you've bought the game, it's yours. No DRM.

Survival mode!

Basically buy it in Alpha for €10, and get Beta and Full version free, or buy it later in Beta for...more than €10 and get the Full version free or wait for the full version and pay the full €20

To be honest, I don't really want the future updates. The game is great as it is now. It's simple, charming and addictive. It combines exploring and building really well and throws surviving in to keep things interesting and give you a reason to make a fort/cave/safehouse/whatever. It really doesn't need anything else. The fact that it has multiplayer makes this game beyond amazing.

The guy himself seems amazing, although I don't know much about him other than that he's done it on his own. I love that he's doing free updates for people who have already purchased it as a thank you for supporting him during development. Seems like he really appreciates the help. When most game companies seem hell bent on squeezing every penny out of gamers, it's nice to see there are people who still have a passion for actually making games instead of money.

I think the bit I liked the best is that he just shrugged off the piracy.

No knee-jerk reaction, raising the price or what have you...

Just realising their are enough decent people in the world who will give him their money.

To be honest, I don't really want the future updates. The game is great as it is now. It's simple, charming and addictive. It combines exploring and building really well and throws surviving in to keep things interesting and give you a reason to make a fort/cave/safehouse/whatever. It really doesn't need anything else. The fact that it has multiplayer makes this game beyond amazing.

The guy himself seems amazing, although I don't know much about him other than that he's done it on his own. I love that he's doing free updates for people who have already purchased it as a thank you for supporting him during development. Seems like he really appreciates the help. When most game companies seem hell bent on squeezing every penny out of gamers, it's nice to see there are people who still have a passion for actually making games instead of money.

when we do extra life can you show me how the hell it works properly. I've played the web based version and just found it clunky unfriendly and confusing

Annoyingly my home PC's graphics card is dying and so I can't play this at home.

My Mac also has a huge lag every 30 seconds.

So it's just at lunch I get to pay it.

:(

It's so good though!

when we do extra life can you show me how the hell it works properly. I've played the web based version and just found it clunky unfriendly and confusing

Will do. Haven't played the free (browser based?) one so I can't tell you how the full version is different.

Mcoy can't remember how to do youtube videos. Fuck it just follow this link

(Mcoy figured it out in the end) Edited by Brian Mcoy

Mcoy thought he'd give the people an Neurope a quick show of his fortress upon a hill. Mcoy is not a good builder but his place is coming along slowly.

farmd.th.jpg

Mcoy has a small farm to keep himself supplied with food. Mcoy originally had this farm open but found out that it was swamped by greedy fucking pigs overnight. Mcoy built a wall after that.

mcoyfort.th.jpg

Here is Mcoy's fort, there are two layers, a bottom protective wall and an upper wall where the buildings will be. on the left is Mcoy's bridge which is one of two entrances, Mcoy has a lot of work to completed this.

petpig.th.jpg

Here is a pet pig that Mcoy has taken ownership of, while Mcoy was building the wall to keep out the evil zombies this pig took advantage and took refuge, Mcoy considers this heoric pig a guest of honour.

mcoystairs.th.jpg

Here Mcoy is on his bridge and near his stairways leading to the second level of his fort.

mcoygarden.th.jpg

Mcoy's second level contains a fountain and lots of trees as there are no buildings at the moment, Mcoy plans to build his house here at some point. Mcoy currently lives in a small (but rather large) mine which has his goods stored.

Edited by Brian Mcoy

Fence tips for anyone that wants, if you build your fence on top of something then remove the block it's on the fence stays in place. This allows for fences higher than one block.

Inside on the first floor. Notice my two high fence, and nice little farm.

th_javaw2010-09-2720-30-11-44.jpg

Homemade bridge and waterfall/moat.

th_javaw2010-09-2720-31-07-78.jpg

And the other side...

th_javaw2010-09-2720-31-10-79.jpg

My epic stair case going up the mount to my fort, I've cleared away most of the stone to the left now, and while it doesn't look it my fort is just as well lit as the stairs.

th_javaw2010-09-2809-03-17-24.jpg

I don't know what it is, and I can't find it on the wiki at all....

th_javaw2010-09-2721-50-58-37.jpg

I have other pictures, but they're boring.

That last image is an egg laid by a hen, no use for it currently.

Mcoy ventured pretty damn deep into a cave and found some diamonds!

diamondt.th.jpg

Mcoy's problem is there is a creeper spawn blocking him getting the rest of the diamonds, Mcoy will have to think of a plan.

creepersw.th.jpg

I want a pet pig like Mcoy!

I have a room that is full of cows that spawned there.

Last night I finally started playing it properly on my Mac (fog makes it run better) and decided to build a big bridge between a valley.

And then I'll create a ladder from the middle of the bridge up into the sky...

My girlfriend was watching all of this in confusing and asked why was I doing this.

I could only think of, "Because... it's fun."

Which is the best answer.

I want a pet pig like Mcoy!

I have a room that is full of cows that spawned there.

Last night I finally started playing it properly on my Mac (fog makes it run better) and decided to build a big bridge between a valley.

And then I'll create a ladder from the middle of the bridge up into the sky...

My girlfriend was watching all of this in confusing and asked why was I doing this.

I could only think of, "Because... it's fun."

Which is the best answer.

I honestly can't think of any other answer myself.

Mcoy was wondering If anyone would be interested If he could sort out a dedicated server for the Neurope people?

Mcoy is not sure what the costs or difficulty of this would be but It could be a bit of fun.