NEurope
Nintenchris

Minecraft!

Check this out

Looks very interesting.. i cant stop watching the videos that guy has made playing this.. im even considering giving it a go myself

you can get it here

http://www.minecraft.net/

but you have to pay for it

Minecraft is amazing. Been playing it online with a friend for a few days and we have sunk hours in to it. Between this and Starcraft it's the reason I've not been here. :heh:

SOME ONE HAS ACTUALLY MADE A THREAD ABOUT THIS?

Fuck yeah! I fucking love this autism simulator.

Because the PC gaming threads here normally get shat on and dumped on Page 2 really quickly :(

Because the PC gaming threads here normally get shat on and dumped on Page 2 really quickly :(

That would be why i posted here instead aha!

i wanna give this a go but i dont wanna pay :cry:

Have you tried the free version? It's the embedded version called Minecraft Classic on the website. It's old and outdated but it'll give you a good idea of what to expect.

Me and Brian Mcoy went digging and found a natural cave underwater. It was amazing, every now and then we'd find another nook or cranny to explore. Eventually we got so deep that there was no more rock, and instead there was just lava. So we carved a path out of the rock for the water to flow in to the lava and it all solidified :D

We also tried to dig a cave under the sea and have it entirely flood, but the water didn't work quite the way we'd hoped and whilst we got some awesome floods, we were unable to sink the sea level :(

It's well worth purchasing the full version, although it's in beta, you'l save money cause it counts as a purchase for the final version too, which he'l be raising the cost of once finished.

Oh man, I remember playing this game at the beginning of last year when it was still a free, multiplayer, lego-esq building game. Me and a bunch of other guys from another forum spend days building a bloody huge kingdom. It was quite something.

This indeed is very cool!

This could have been posted in the second best thread on NE though.

The Indie Games thread in the Other Consoles.

I've watched about an hour of these videos, do want the game! I want to make a castle!

I had a quick go and I'm not sure what to think. Seems like you might need to invest a fair bit of time just to make something that looks decent.

Man, this game is awesome! :D Shame you have to pay for it, but I'm tempted to do so. It's not a subscription thing, is it?

There's a free Classic version and a paid version.

The paid version will have things like multiplayer.

Scratch that, I gave it another chance and I'm having fun. It takes a bit of getting used to but I can see the enjoyment factor of being able to create your own world and whatnot. I bought the alpha version, and I'm making some shit. Need some coal since it's always impossible to see when dark and I want to make torches!

I'm addicted to this guy's videos. Might get this, although it'll probably run badly on my computer. Are there system requirements anywhere? I couldn't find them if so.

Oh, I'm quite sure it'll run on most computers. The download is only a few MB in size, and the graphics are reasonably basic.

Well the free online version barely ran, which isn't promising. I have an integrated chipset...

On the paid version you can reduce the graphics considerably. Pretty sure you could get it running.

Enjoyed teh video, considering picking it up too!

Although... No DRM... a few MB in size... *hint hint*

Enjoyed teh video, considering picking it up too!

Although... No DRM... a few MB in size... *hint hint*

To be fair it's about £8 and guarantees you the final release. Not sure how it would work online if you got a copy elsewhere.

I picked this up... just over 8 quids

Please people dont buy this, otherwise you'll lose ALL your spare time to it

Lost around one hour just watching the videos, incredible how someone can be so entertaining just talking to himself.

I played this around 1 year ago, the free online version that's just world builder stuff, though I did more grieving that building.