NEurope
Pancake

Only bad people don't have MSN

..then all it takes is a little sugar :heh:

..uh.. pretty much just sending messages via pigeons instead of through messenger :hmm: The pigeons never fail..

Maybe, but they're not instant. TELEPORTING carrier pidgeons, though ...!

I use Steam...

I have 39 friends and talk to two of them. With the occasional small comment/link to 2-3 others.

Update: Well he's sent me a message saying he apologizes if he made me feel bad. And that he was a bit drunk last night when he wrote the message. And that he suddenly now DOES understand why i wouldn't want to go on it.

Hmm. I'm both relieved and yet still pissed off. I spent about an hour crying after i got his first message. And it pretty much ruined my day.

I guess he's not really done anything wrong. Especially since he's apologised. But i really don't feel like speaking to him much right now.

Anyway, if this person's offended by you not using Messenger then tell them what you just told us. If they're still offended afterwards then they're evidently a bit self-obsessed and in need of some perspective.

Indeed...

Used Messenger quite a bit earlier, though not anymore...realised I was online just idling the whole day, just in case someone wanted to talk to me. Felt so stupid...I mean if people really want to talk to you, they'll always find some way to contact you :D

Currently, I do use the Facebook chat occasionally...Still, I usually just log out unless I have something specific to discuss with somebody.

Skype all the way, audio chat is so much better then text chatting, feels more natural.

Only time I use something like MSN, it is to tell them to get on Skype.

Nahhh. He's madly in love with his gf.

I can almost hear the sigh at the end of that.

Anyway, I use MSN a lot, if I'm at the pc than its online. However, I don't talk to more thatn 5 people regularly, and quite often ignore the rest that honestly don't really remember how they got there.

Everyone creates their own system, just depends on how you're more comfortable and if your friends are willing to do the same.

MSN...

It's been called Windows Live Messenger for like 5 years....

I used to use it all the time, now it's just a list of 100 people I never talk to or can't remember who they are. I use it to talk to my parents occasionally, and it's a way for my Sister to hassle me when she has fucked up her laptop with the Zwinky Ask Yahoo Addon Toolbar for Internet Explorer and AOL Browser 2.4 for the 500th time.

And Hotmail is shit. They can redesign it another ten times and it will still be shit. You can't even use the back button ffs.

No wonder I don't go on it any more.

I sign in (as offline) when I boot my pc up as it's easier to check my emails.

Don't remember the last time I used it to chat.

Tell him to fuck off. In a nice way. The dude is being a dick. Also, the online and drunk excuse is a classic. Gets him off the hook and makes him look cool. That's right, I know all the e-tricks.

In honesty, MSN is like my exclusive club of buddies. But if any of you want in on that, PM me and I'll add you up. Discussion without repercussion.

Edited by Guy

Thanks guys. I feel better now. I just did what i usually do when i'm upset - went out and bought something stupid.

In this case a PS3.

Now i can have fun with that instead of dealing with sucky people.

Saved by a machine, once again...

All my friends have tended to stop using MSN and are on FaceBook IM instead.

I like MSN though :/

The only people that talk to me through MSN is Raining_Again and gaggle64. Its pretty usefull to have none the less if I ever want to get a hold of either of them.

If more people frequented the NE chat room we wouldn't have to use MSN or even the forum to commumummumumunicate.

Thanks guys. I feel better now. I just did what i usually do when i'm upset - went out and bought something stupid.

In this case a PS3.

Now i can have fun with that instead of dealing with sucky people.

Hey well done!

And that's some awesome 'impulse' buying! :D

Got enough for a second by any chance?

Saved by a machine, once again...
That's what... she said...? Edited by Retro_Link

I use MSN and not Facebook or any of the other social networking sites. I find MSN much faster than Chat and less crappy too (although MSN does have shitty moments sometimes).

If more people frequented the NE chat room we wouldn't have to use MSN or even the forum to commumummumumunicate.

Just checked in there and saw Twozzok and Martinist...and no one said anything for the 30 seconds I stayed.

Besides, a popular chat can easily kill Forum activity which is never good.

Wow Pancake. You must have quite a nice amount of money to spend if you're buying PS3's on a whim :p

Also, if you don't mind, how long have you known the guy? And do you meet up in person or anything like that or is it just restricted to MSN?

I'm just fascinated by the fact that he made you so upset.

I have msn but to be honest I don't use it much. I only really use it to talk to Jim and Sprout. And sometimes a school friend but that's rare.

I'm not always a huge fan of it as it can feel a bit weird to talk to people; you always feel forced to reply, or like you -have- to pay attention to them. Which is why I limit the amount of people I talk to.

I'd use Skype but I don't have a decent microphone/webcam, plus if I do use it I'd have to lock myself up in my room so I don't bother my family. Not fun.

MSN, Facebook etc... they all seem a bit pressurised, and sometimes you just don't want to talk, but you log on, see quite a few people online and just think, urgh not today please!

Oh that's why I hate facebook chat! I don't go on facebook to chat to people, I go on there to check updates etc. So I find it very annoying when someone starts talking to me on there, only to disappear again a minute later. Seriously don't see the point...

I hate facebook chat with a passion, its crap, buggy, and just plain annoying. Facebook and IM conversations should NEVER mingle.

I hate the n-europe PM system too, its so slow and cumbersome >_> (forum PM systems in general, not JUST n-europe) although I use it when neccesary.

I use msn because its easy.. I don't hold massively long conversations with most people and i can be lazy in replying sometimes... If your friends get offended because you don't reply in 5 seconds well they aren't worth being a friend, and need to cheeeeel. :P

One thing I hate about MSN. I have one contact, a fella I do like talking to on occasion... but he's never done making multi chats. With all his belfast mates, who I don't know or care about =P Then he has the cheek to moan when I leave...

Can't you default Facebook Chat to not sign you in? I freely admit to my ignorance on the subject; I don't do any social networking.

Hey well done!

And that's some awesome 'impulse' buying! :D

Got enough for a second by any chance?

That's what... she said...?

Don't think i have enough for a second, hehe. :heh: Actually i'm scared to look at my bank balance ever again!