NEurope
Mr_Odwin

I bodged it together

Today I had no contraceptives and no money (and I don't like to go to shops on a Sunday) and I don't want another kid right now.

Dilemma.

So I was all like "cling film! that'll work. Just gotta use it right and not tell the wife what I'm doing." Luckily it didn't come to that, but it was a close thing.

Any solutions you've stuck/bodged together?

This is the greatest thread I have ever read on here.

Laughing my fucking ass off.

Wouldn't cling film cling both ways? Meaning you'll pull it out, but you might not actually pull it out.

A new use for cling-wrap.

Should keep things fresher for longer really.

Why cobble stuff together...more pleasure and just use coathangers later :p

My shower hose leak is repaired by duct tape.

I watch HD videos from my PC through to my big telly using a 10 metre long HDMI cable that just trails through the hallway. Or it did until I had to pack it away finding the door had worn away the flex baring cable.

My CD player is fixed on the inside with a bit of tin foil.

When we got 2 pet rats we needed to block off the holes meant for plastic tubes for smaller animals. Pringles lids and cupcake holders ftw.

All the icons were worn off our oven by the previous owner, so we spent some time figuring them out and colour coding them:

ssl23412.jpg

ssl23412.jpg

That would have been cool but the complete botching of the yellow to orange to red universally accepted heat indicator is making me feel angry.:(

I can't think of anything cobbled together...

I kind of hate the idea of things being cobbled together at home.

I want things done right, with quality in mind.

Edit: If you had those colours then how would you do it ReZ?

It makes sense (ish).

Unlike that thing in your avatar, what the fuck are you doing now?

I can't think of anything cobbled together...

I kind of hate the idea of things being cobbled together at home.

I want things done right, with quality in mind.

Edit: If you had those colours then how would you do it ReZ?

It makes sense (ish).

Unlike that thing in your avatar, what the fuck are you doing now?

A) I wouldn't have those colours. I'd make sure I'd have a better selection. Hell really the only problem is pink, so if I had those I'd have pink as coldest, then blue, purple, yellow, orange, red. (Pink first because pink = girly, girls are pussies, and thus pussies = coldest)

B) Its from Breaking Bad, do yourself a favour and familiarise yourself with all the seasons. And by that I mean watch them. I'm just annoyed because no one goes on about it enough, so this thing has been out of my life for like 2 years and no one told me it was "shit is off the hook" levels of complete and utter awesomeness.

A) I wouldn't have those colours. I'd make sure I'd have a better selection. Hell really the only problem is pink, so if I had those I'd have pink as coldest, then blue, purple, yellow, orange, red. (Pink first because pink = girly, girls are pussies, and thus pussies = coldest)

Purple is so colder than blue!

Ideally Pink would go before Red, but that would fuck up the Y, O, R combo, hmm...

I was going on about BB since the first episode, raving about it pretty much weekly. I finally got Dan Dare to watch it and we were joined with Coolness Bears and somehow word finally spread!

At my uni house last year the provided doorstops were shit, so we used folded cardboard or fire-extinguishers... In my room I'd tied a ribbon from my bed to the doorhandle (which kinda broke the handle so I had to stop that...)

I'm not much of a bodger. My xx's laptop monitor refused to stay up byitself so she concoted a sort of... drawbridge thing out of string and cardboard and parcel tape. The most 'bodging' I've done, resource-wise, was using cardboard boxes for bedside cabinets...

EDIT: How is any colour colder than blue?! Purple has red in it... so by default it comes after blue :P

Did I not watch BB before you? Failing massively to remember who hooked this brother up. And yes, I rant about it whenever allowed and you should know by now that I'm always right.

That would have been cool but the complete botching of the yellow to orange to red universally accepted heat indicator is making me feel angry.:(

It's not a heat setting you dimwit. Would we need to colour co-ordinate that? And how would we even figure it out, with a thermometer? It's things like "fan oven", "grill", "bottom oven only" etc.

It's not a heat setting you dimwit.

Hardly dimwitted to assume a knob on an oven is something to do with heat. :rolleyes:

It is if you take into account the two questions I posed after my statement.

Would we need to colour co-ordinate that?

You may want to be certain of which way to turn the knob.

And how would we even figure it out, with a thermometer?

I believe you just answered your own question.

The knob only turns one way. And I don't think my standard under-the-tongue thermometer goes up to 300 degrees.