NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Ellmeister

Cricket

Anyone else a fan here?

Do you prefer the tests or the shorter one day matches or 20/20?

This test against Pakistan is a real test before the Ashes. It seemed to be right in Pakistan's favour. They just need to get 15 more runs, but at least England are really giving them a go. Great stuff to watch and its actually created a great game.

Also any other cricket talk can be discussed here.

I've never watched a cricket match on TV in my life. I looks like a dull sport to watch.

We used to play it at school. I wasn't ever any good, but I liked lazing around in the summer weather the half the game (waiting to bat), and then being a fielder was fun. Sporadic, standing around fun.

Test is still the pinnacle and always will be. Twenty/20 is fine in moderation but it's reaching saturation point for me. I've always enjoyed ODI as it sort of strikes the balance between the two.

I can't watch a full test, the highlights are great to watch though and so for me its exciting watching that. Also it was going to be a tense day today so every over has been good to watch this time.

I still like 20/20, so much atmosphere especially the climactic end.

Going to a full day at a Test match is such a great day out. Some of the best moments I've seen include Michael Vaughan bowling out Sachin Tendulkar at Trent Bridge and the infamous "jellybean incident", also at Trent Bridge.

Pakistan are a young side that have a lot to build on. Their bowling is solid: Asif and Amir are great swingers and the last two tests have shown how dangerous Ajmal is. Their batting is poor, scores of 72 and 80 are woeful, but now Yousuf is back in the side their batting now has some kind of backbone. Hopefully this defeat will give some of the England batsmen a bit of a kick up the backside.

Edited by Zell

We can only hope it sorts them out. I'm happy for Cookie to get a ton when he really needed it to save his space in the side. Some of our fielding needs work as well I think.

I think the whole 16 player shortlist fiasco has been a bit embarassing as well. How could no players have been on that? Swann was added just for the sake of it. He should have been amongst the first!

Cricket is fun as hell to play. I enjoy watching it, and I enjoy the tactical nature of Test Cricket. Twenty20 is probably more fun to watch casually, but there's something a bit schoolboy-ish about it...hit the ball and fucking run before the time/overs run out!

Used to play this a lot with my friends in the streets where I lived. If the ball hit the windows of the houses on the other side of the road, we were out. If the ball hit a wall, you could only be out if it was caught one-handed. The boundaries were the same blue car that was parked in the same spot every day on the one side of the street, and the lampost on the other side.

I fucking love street cricket. And playing football on the streets, too. Jumpers and traffic cones for posts.

Despite my windies heritage, I actually don't like cricket that much. Not even a 10cc related joke is to follow this sentence. Too long, too much, too boring. It's nice in a casual way though.

Despite my windies heritage, I actually don't like cricket that much.

You're a disgrace to your people!

I'm a fairweather cricket fan. I could sit and watch the ashes test matches and did so when it was on channel 4. But other than that I'll only keep an eye out for the score and maybe catch channel five's highlights if I can be bothered.

Couldn't care less for twenty20, one day or county cricket.

I know random things about it, because Calum is really good [used to be in the under 21 Scotland team or something like that].

I luuurrrrve cricket :) Prefer watchings test match's, then ODI's, and I'll watch t20's if theres nothing else on but the slogfest doesnt interest me that much.

I play in a team that my mates made, we play summer and winter seasons year round. Can't get enough of it, love it :)

Sign in to follow this