NEurope
ReZourceman

The Inbetweeners

I didn't find this most recent episode the funniest despite it having those great stand out moments that define inbetweeners...can't believe the series is nearly over.

I just realised yesterday that Carly has hardly been in this series... I thought they might develop that a bit more, have her a bit jealous of Simons girlfriend etc... and with only what, 1 episode left?... I guess surprisingly that isn't going any further?

I presume they may work it into the 'movie', but the movie wasn't definately going ahead until after they'd filmed this series.

I just realised yesterday that Carly has hardly been in this series... I thought they might develop that a bit more, have her a bit jealous of Simons girlfriend etc... and with only what, 1 episode left?... I guess surprisingly that isn't going any further?

I presume they may work it into the 'movie', but the movie wasn't definately going ahead until after they'd filmed this series.

yeah so they perhaps didn't know they would have the movie to work with...its does seem bizarre, if they were going to abandon him chasing her then why even bother including her....

Just watched the most recent few episodes, and this series has just been hilarious. Loving it.

Well, I thought that was a brilliant ending... hope the film / christmas special / whatever can live up to it!

I thought most of series 3 was really good, 1 or 2 iffy episodes and the finale was pretty crap. It didnt feel like anything happened in it, a lot of the jokes were predictable and the scene in the tent was just weird.

I really wasn't a fan of the final episode last night. As mentioned in posts above the jokes were predictable.

Once Jay had locked the car door, you knew he was going to blame Simon straight away and claim he returned the keys, you know that once the car had hit the lake Jay would find the keys.

Intrigued into what the future holds for Carly and Simon, the text message received clearly was good news.

are they doing a Christmas special? or do we have to wait till the film now?

I think Jay's bullshitting is so elaborate that its become a joke in itself. The writers are clearly trying to make it so bad that it just doesn't fit in.

Sort of. Bad at explaining/ probably making up crap.

The sick at the end was a bit weird. Alright episode, clearly it was a good text from Carly. I liked the phone texting bit, was quite funny actually.

I thought the Carly stuff was really badly done, it seemed like her appearance was almost shoehorned in there, almost like they'd gone back and refilmed some scenes once they knew they were going to do a special. And has she even broken up from her massive boyfriend who's always been around.

Also, this series has seemed a little overdependant on certain jokes however... Neils dad, Neil farting, and Jays stories seem so completely OTT now that they seem a bit out of place. It has been a bit more predictable joke wise this series, but still funny.

Episode was good on the whole though, the texting game was brilliant, burning Wills stuff, and the car scene!

Edited by Retro_Link

I must confess I have never once sat down and absorbed an episode of Inbetweeners. I think I'll marathon the entire thing soon, every clip I watch has me in hysterics. Always a good sign.

Plus I don't want to be the one person in our group who hasn't seen the show when we inevitably see the movie.

I think Carly will appear in the film, she will be on her hols with her friends and simon with his, obviously celebrating the end of the A levels. I think the film should be rather quite good. Apparently it's gonna go film and then a tv special to round everything up I do believe.

I think Carly will appear in the film, she will be on her hols with her friends and simon with his, obviously celebrating the end of the A levels. I think the film should be rather quite good. Apparently it's gonna go film and then a tv special to round everything up I do believe.

I thought the film was set in the summer between first and second year?

I thought the film was set in the summer between first and second year?

Possibly, I just presumed because they are in the last year of 6th form in series 3.

'Inbetweeners' gets August release date

The Inbetweeners movie has been confirmed for a UK cinema release this summer.

The film, in which Will (Simon Bird), Jay (James Buckley), Simon (Joe Thomas) and Neil (Blake Harrison) embark on a lads' holiday to Malia, will open on August 19 through Entertainment Film Distributors.

According to the Film Distributors' Association schedule, The Inbetweeners will open against Conan The Barbarian, Spy Kids 4 and J.J. Abrams's Super 8.

A recent report claimed that three of the main characters will have a love interest, while Will spends the entirety of the holiday sporting a phallic-shaped sunburn.

Ben Palmer is helming the movie from a script by series creators Damon Beesley and Iain Morris.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/s121/the-inbetweeners/news/a297640/inbetweeners-gets-august-release-date.html

Feels a bit wierd paying to watch the Inbetweeners at the cinema! They could have just done a TV 'movie'.

Feels a bit wierd paying to watch the Inbetweeners at the cinema! They could have just done a TV 'movie'.

I'm thinking more about the nobhead kids who will go see it and act like complete nuggets in the cinema.

It's not something I would ever want to watch on a big screen.

I'm thinking more about the nobhead kids who will go see it and act like complete nuggets in the cinema.
Yeah definately!
It's not something I would ever want to watch on a big screen.
I'm not that fussed either tbh, will more than likely just wait to see it on dvd.

It will be interesting to see if they can stretch the clunge jokes out for a whole movie. :D