NEurope
ReZourceman

The Inbetweeners

It's not like the British original was all that great to begin with, so the bar is set pretty low.

GTFO.

On the note of the American remake I'll post what I wrote on facebook;

It looks fucking horrendous! "At school you are either cool or not cool or somewhere inbetween" "their popularity is average" says the voice over guy, hows about you show and not tell us? Seriously how dumb are TV audiences these days?!!!

the only lines that are funny are the ones wholesale taken from the UK, most seem to be from series 1+2. The jokes that are not from the UK one seem to fall flat. I'm looking forward to seeing what my girlfriend thinks just so I can check it's not our UK bias!

Yeah, the trailer really needed more clips of people farting in cars to really feel like The Inbetweeners.

Maybe this will also end with a movie that's nothing but two hours of the characters getting drunk and acting like terrible people and then getting everything they ever dreamed about. :p

Maybe if you did what they did in the film you wouldn't be so moany all the time.

So are they going to spread the entire three series british version into one long ass US season? It looks like they are just telling the same jokes again but with actors who have all the talent of something an elephant might push out after a big meal.

So are they going to spread the entire three series british version into one long ass US season? It looks like they are just telling the same jokes again but with actors who have all the talent of something an elephant might push out after a big meal.

Sums up pretty much everything the US steal and do with our shows.

They should go for their own take on the show instead of just trying to copy what we've done. The Inbetweeners is so popular here because it's tied in with our own culture and that just won't translate well in America. They don't get it the same way we do so the jokes fall flat.

They should just take the theme and maybe follow the same storylines but try to write original jokes. Like how the US Office went after the first season. They copied the BBC version for the first season and it was awful but once they started doing their own take, it actually became great TV.

I dipped my eyes in acid after one episode of the UK inbetweeners.

So I'm glad I'll never have to witness this.

That trailer is awful. Seriously horrendous and is probably the worst thing I have seen this year. I'm still going to watch the pilot just to see how they compare but it's nothing like the UK version, UK's one is way better already. It just seems like every badly-clichèd teen comedy movie put into one show. Terrible!

So is nobody watching the American version?

Come on, N-E. Let's hear how awful it is.

Have you just been filling a piece of paper with words like "robust" and "fortified" again, jimbob?

So is nobody watching the American version?

Come on, N-E. Let's hear how awful it is.

It's fucking horrendous. I've watched the first 3 episodes and just cannot bring myself to watch it anymore. The shows voiceovers are terrible, in the UK version they were witty interludes and ways of describes scenes in the US version they just seem to say "hey this happened because we are not the jocks and not the geeks we are something inbetween" It ultimately all comes down to the characters though....they don't have any nuances or anything interesting about them.

Will - No longer a geek but just a tall tanned guy who looks like he is trying to dress as an adult. The scenes where he acts "clever" seem so out of place. He isn't funny when he gets angry.

Simon - Actually not that bad...

Neil - Completely fucked up....just a long haired airhead and a terrible actor.

Jay - Wrecks the entire show. Completely unlikeable. I feel like the Jay in the UK sure was a total bullshiter but he was likeable. This guy just isn't he does this weird thing where he flicks his sweaty hair in the air and it's some how meant to be funny.

Ultimately it's crap and why didn't they just stick with the UK version, the films currently in selected theatres over here and I hope it does well. Also the UK version of the show was pretty popular here, it's not the usual thing where people are assuming they are remaking cos no one will like it.

@flameboy Out of curiosity, what do canadians or any americans you have come across think of the US version?

Is it just coz we have seen the original we hate the sight of this or is it just generally regarded as shit?

Check out how many likes vs. dislikes
on youtube.

Lol.

Oh my God, I've seen the episodes...it's AWFUL! Not funny in the slightest. It's trying way too hard to be funny. It just reminds me too much of those awful American Pie straight-to-DVD films but this makes them look awesome. I agree with everything Flameboy has said about the characters but I thought Simon was also terrible.

Why did America have to do this if the UK one is already popular anyway?! Ugh!

@flameboy Out of curiosity, what do canadians or any americans you have come across think of the US version?

Is it just coz we have seen the original we hate the sight of this or is it just generally regarded as shit?

Lol.

I did think this so got girlfriend to watch it as well. Even though she loves the UK version she wouldn't have the bias we have. For example she loves the US Office but hates the UK Office. She thinks its terrible too.... To paraphase what she's said about it; "they can't act, the rehashed jokes lose any sense of being funny because of the delivery and the new jokes just outright aren't funnny." It's something I'd attest to as well...when Simon gets his new car his Dad says "it's a sport edition" to which Simon replies "of which sport Frisbee?!" It's just not funny. Also another joke made no sense at all Jay said to Will "I'd love to beep your mum" to which Will asks what is the beep for? Jay then replies with the response only for it to actually be beeped out...whats the point? The joke would be that the word Jay says beep instead of is so awful it will provide shock value when he says it, the censoring wrecks any chance of this happening.

Oh my God, I've seen the episodes...it's AWFUL! Not funny in the slightest. It's trying way too hard to be funny. It just reminds me too much of those awful American Pie straight-to-DVD films but this makes them look awesome. I agree with everything Flameboy has said about the characters but I thought Simon was also terrible.

Why did America have to do this if the UK one is already popular anyway?! Ugh!

I don't know why they feel the need to this. There seems to be this resistance to giving foreign made shows prime slots (which perhaps Doctor Who one of the few success stories aside at the moment) so they hope to capitalise on that success. Also BBC Worldwide air a lot of stuff and then the other networks hope to piggyback off these successes. Sherlock being a prime example it was a success in the US and very well regarded and then a network goes ahead and makes their own version.

One thing I've found extremely frustrating being in Canada is the total lack of domestic made shows, all the channels are American.

RE: Sherlock, I've heard that Elementary is very decent it its own right and not doing the same thing that Sherlock does. Considering there are two newer movies too it is certainly a bit... unfortunate that everyone is having these modernisation ideas at the same time.