NEurope
Guy

I am rubbish with girls

When you try you fail, when you show interest you fail.

When you dont try you score, when you show little to know interest you score!

to sum it up... when your looking for it you dont get it, when your not after it, it comes to you.

or thats what i can say from experience.

I don't think that's entirely true. Showing interest can be a good thing, because if a girl thinks that you're not interested, then they won't bother either. Plus, showing that you are interested in them and find them quite special is good. I think everyone wants to feel special or interested in.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. But many in here already knew that. I've been a bit too whiny in the past. :heh:

Anyway, the main piece of advice I've been given over and over from people who know their stuff is: Confidence. Confidence, confidence, confidence.

So are you ashamed of that? If so, you can always tell your friends to shut their traps...If they don't, find new friends or just accept your work and be proud of it. I mean at some point, the fact that you DO own the world's biggest Pokemon site will nevertheless come out...If people can't accept that, I don't think they're worth wasting your time on anyway...

Obviously owning a Pokemon website does make you sound geeky to girls (although some girls will like this, albeit quite possibly not the girls who will be going to nightclubs) but you can turn it into an advantage.

"Yeah, I do own the largest Pokemon website in the world, last month I earned £X from running it."

There must be other things you can say about it. As long as you sound confident about it they'll like you for it.

The best thing you can do to help you with girls is just go out and there and talk to them. Doing so will really increase your confidence. Ask them a question. Say something to a girl at the bar whilst waiting for a drink. One casual question/comment and then walk away. It will make them want more of you as you obviously have better things to be doing than chasing after them which is what every other mug in the place is trying to do. And never apologise for your presence ("sorry to interrupt). Just say something.

If a girl goes out with you because you brag about how much money you make then you probably deserve each other.

When you try you fail, when you show interest you fail.

When you dont try you score, when you show little to know interest you score!

to sum it up... when your looking for it you dont get it, when your not after it, it comes to you.

or thats what i can say from experience.

This has never worked for me, I'm not sure why either. I haven't been looking this year really and nothing has happened. I get a few looks from girls but they aren't my type (picky me, I know :p). I think the biggest help for me was confidence, you need bags of confidence and that's something I'm not short of. They also like honesty which I do as well but the girls around me just can't get enough of the chavs smoking weed in parks and bus stops, lol.

My advice to you Scoop, if you're not already, is to stand tall, chest out and walk with loads of confidence. Girls will pay attention then, works for me sometimes. I'd like to meet someone who'll have something in common with me and someone who doesn't talk about things from OK and Heat for once!

If a girl goes out with you because you brag about how much money you make then you probably deserve each other.

I was talking more of hooking up for a one night stand than finding a girlfriend. If you're looking for a girlfriend you could tell them why you enjoy running the website and other non-monetary benefits you get from it (looks fantastic on the CV).

Obviously owning a Pokemon website does make you sound geeky to girls (although some girls will like this, albeit quite possibly not the girls who will be going to nightclubs) but you can turn it into an advantage.

"Yeah, I do own the largest Pokemon website in the world, last month I earned £X from running it."

There must be other things you can say about it. As long as you sound confident about it they'll like you for it.

The best thing you can do to help you with girls is just go out and there and talk to them. Doing so will really increase your confidence. Ask them a question. Say something to a girl at the bar whilst waiting for a drink. One casual question/comment and then walk away. It will make them want more of you as you obviously have better things to be doing than chasing after them which is what every other mug in the place is trying to do. And never apologise for your presence ("sorry to interrupt). Just say something.

That does run the risk of girls wanting me only for my money and I don't want that. I want my money, don't want to waste it on females. If I did, I'd have bought many a hooker :p

So are you ashamed of that? If so, you can always tell your friends to shut their traps...If they don't, find new friends or just accept your work and be proud of it. I mean at some point, the fact that you DO own the world's biggest Pokemon site will nevertheless come out...If people can't accept that, I don't think they're worth wasting your time on anyway...

I'm not ashamed by it, but it's not exactly the best thing to use to make a first impression. I do tell them to stop and ask them not to, but once some alcohol is in their system, it gets out anyway

What about self-confidence?

I lost that when I hit 250lbs. I mean sure, I'm now 130lbs but still

I don't think that's entirely true. Showing interest can be a good thing, because if a girl thinks that you're not interested, then they won't bother either. Plus, showing that you are interested in them and find them quite special is good. I think everyone wants to feel special or interested in.

just realized i made an incredible type on my first post.

meant to say little to no interest.

in regards to your comment, i think it works like that in different circumstances.

Town / club - 2 girls looking for attention dressed for it, acting for it... you dance with mates, have fun, dont show interest... they approach you (or has happened to me in the past)

A Girl you like and think you'd like to see alot more - Then yes declare an interest in her. and i agree give them the time and effort.

i thought the original post in thread was heading towards the direction of like.. a general out looking for Girl's type of thing, not an out looking for A Girl.

I was about to write some sort of epic reply but truthfully I don't know what I'm talking about. Good luck!

I would say I'm pretty good with the ladies. Met another random girl in a bar last night and ended up walking round a few of the good places with her. Turns out she's staying pretty much over the road from me so I'm sure I'll see her again.

Confidence is definitely the only thing you need, as long as you have that you can turn anything to your advantage with a girl.

Say something to a girl at the bar whilst waiting for a drink. One casual question/comment and then walk away. It will make them want more of you as you obviously have better things to be doing than chasing after them which is what every other mug in the place is trying to do. And never apologise for your presence ("sorry to interrupt). Just say something.

Treat 'em mean. Keep 'em kean-esque. Nice.

Do it Serebii.

Wait, who made this thread? This was a post in a thread, not a thread.

Way to make me look like a pathetic loser, guys.

Seriously, just top notch work.

Well I'm out on Saturday night (in theory, depends on how rubbish my friends are, see my Time to bitch about life thread for details) so I'll give it a go. Will let you guys know

Wait, who made this thread? This was a post in a thread, not a thread.

Way to make me look like a pathetic loser, guys.

Seriously, just top notch work.

The forum experiment claims the first (?) piece of collateral damage in its pursuit of conversation.

The forum experiment claims the first (?) piece of collateral damage in its pursuit of conversation.

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE

Grab your squids and run to the walls!

Maybe it's the tan and the increase in my hair's blondness, but since coming back from interailing, I can't go out and not pull. I used to be like you, but I think after the first few times you meet a girl, your confidence increases, and that subconsciously shows to the ladies. Confidence is not the same as cockiness, however. Thinking you're god's gift to women is not the way forward. Knowing that you can pull if you wanted to just makes you act that little bit more confident.

If you want a massive confidence booster, the bar crawl I went on in Amsterdam is the best medicine: 2 English guys (my friend and myself), 6 American guys, at least 30 American girls, all between 19 and 24, who are all, at worst, a bit above average, and all love "British" accents. I make that Pimm's o'clock!

Why don't you just use the internet? Most powerful communication tool in the world at your disposal. Who cares if you lose a few street cred points doing it that way. You already feel like a loser because you're not getting anywhere, right? So just hit up okcupid.com or something. Of course it won't help with the actual getting along with someone, but it takes all the pain out of the 'meeting them' part. Plus you get a general idea of what they're like and what they're looking for, before you even make contact.

Why don't you just use the internet? Most powerful communication tool in the world at your disposal. Who cares if you lose a few street cred points doing it that way. You already feel like a loser because you're not getting anywhere, right? So just hit up okcupid.com or something. Of course it won't help with the actual getting along with someone, but it takes all the pain out of the 'meeting them' part. Plus you get a general idea of what they're like and what they're looking for, before you even make contact.

I'm not that desperate yet :/

I just want to give the real world a proper go first. I haven't been able to as of late due to my friends turning prematurely middle-aged.

If that fails and I hit 26 with no success, then I'll do it.

As I don't like going to pubs/clubs, and my workmates friends are a bunch of young chavs/skets/whatever I find it hard to meet someone. So I signed up a few weeks ago to try it out. I've actually for a 4-or-5 star rating (plus my description makes me sound worse than I actually am), and I know who it is. I suppose I should send them a message or something.

I'm happy to take one for the team for the sake of conversation. Like most of my posts here it was pretty much a joke, marred by slight bitter, painful truth.

As for the Glee avatar and signature, I do like Glee, but it's there for an entirely different reason.

Maybe it's your extensive Gremlins, Warhammer, comic book, gaming, anime and Glee collections.

Maybe it's your extensive Gremlins, Warhammer, comic book, gaming, anime and Glee collections.

T-this honestly never occurred to me. Of course! It's all so clear now. Thank you, Tyson. You've saved me. Do you have any other great advice? I think you could be the one to make it all okay.

Edited by Guy

Maybe a haircut?

Nice! Keep the wisdom coming, dude. I feel like Luke training with an extremely cool Yoda.

Why don't you just use the internet? Most powerful communication tool in the world at your disposal. Who cares if you lose a few street cred points doing it that way.
Fancy a date?...

You're right, that was easy! :D