NEurope
ReZourceman

Black Swan

I'm refusing to watch anything regarding this movie. Being Arnofsky's next movie is all that's needed for me to tune in :) Any idea when it's out, though?

Yeah, no trailers or spoilers for me, either. I'm waiting with bated breath.

Looks ... intriguing.

At first you think, "Oh, it's a story of getting a chance in life and succeeding. Like Billy Elliot." Then it moves on to, "Oh, there are psychological elements in it. The stress from her dancing causes a split personality." Then at the end: "... Wait, what?"

Oooh, i'm loving that they included that bit of her pulling that thing out of her skin in the trailer.

That looks awesome.

Also the kiss that you got hot over wasn't even close to being the best part of the trailer.

Oddly it reminded me a bit of the anime movie Perfect Blue

SEEING IT TOMORROW

black_swan_international_poster1.jpg

I'm so rarely actually excited to see a new film. :D

I too am planning to see it tomorrow. Hopefully at least, as I'll be in Edinburgh doing a bit of shopping. Looking forward to it though.

Films looks very powerful! Tense stuff!

Mila Kunis. Creator of boners.
Ironically Natalie Portmans acceptance speech laugh has been dubbed 'the boner killer',

*skip to 1.48*

Bless her! :heart:

Edited by Retro_Link

I can't help but laugh so much at her laugh. Also, I can't wait to watch this movie either.

That poster is so bizarro (and art deco)!

I promised a friend that I would watch this, but I'm not excited enough to see it in the cinema. So I'm just going to wait and download it. It does look good, but not my type of movie.

That poster is so bizarro (and art deco)!

:D

I LOVE when films don't just do "Oh here's a photoshopped image of the main star!" as the poster. There are multiple posters for this film, all stunning.

blackswan_movieposters.jpg

I promised a friend that I would watch this, but I'm not excited enough to see it in the cinema. So I'm just going to wait and download it. It does look good, but not my type of movie.

How rude.

I've been wanting to see this for an age. :grin:

I will have to sit by myself as I will urinate as soon as the film begins through built up excitement.

I want to see it tomorrow but a) I have an exam and b) I've tried to gather interest and I've managed to get my flatmates interested in going so I've no idea when we will go and watch it!!!

As they actually need to see a good film. I'm sure it will be good.

I've had Black Swan posters as my rotating wallpaper on my computer for too long. :D

*explodes*

I LOVE when films don't just do "Oh here's a photoshopped image of the main star!" as the poster. There are multiple posters for this film, all stunning

Completely agree with you there. Unfortunately most mainstream releases are trying to aim for the broadest possible audience and the best way, I guess, is to stick a massive poster of Angelina Jolie's tits up rather than try to create intrigue.

I LOVE when films don't just do "Oh here's a photoshopped image of the main star!" as the poster. There are multiple posters for this film, all stunning.

blackswan_movieposters.jpg

I like the third one! I should really start looking at alternative posters for movies, since I end up preferring them to the original main character photoshop-o-rama etc. more often than not. Foreign versions sometimes look nicer as well.

How rude.

Well, it's not like I was going to go to the cinema with my friend, since she's halfway across the world. She just wanted to know what I think of it, and downloading...is free :p

Hadn't heard of this film before, but those posters look amazing! Reminds me of Soviet propaganda posters with the colours. Love it.

This film doesn't seem to be coming out here until mid-February. Might go see it, if I can find someone to go with me, and if I can find the time. Looks weird but interesting. =)

Well, it's not like I was going to go to the cinema with my friend, since she's halfway across the world. She just wanted to know what I think of it, and downloading...is free :p

Well as a future member of the film industry, you're killing me. :hmm:

But then I'm a hypocrite, I often download music (unless it's someone I like). I see films and music differently though. Hundreds of people have dedicated their lives for a year or so to creating this thing, and it seems so...horrid to just download it (illegally). :( (not a judgement on you btw, on the action)

On the subject of Aronofsky, anyone manage to see The Fountain when it was in cinemas?

I thought this thread was about the Athlete album, Black Swan.

athlete.jpg?1266919269

Alas, I was incorrect.

I always liked that album cover/I remember liking it/I like the concept of a black swan and always have. I dislike what I've heard of Athlete though.