NEurope
Beast

True Blood

no when his showing off about his mind reading ability's in the book its the canteen of the school, in the movie its in a cafe.

Now that is truly a huge change. Worst. Movie. Ever. :angry:

no when his showing off about his mind reading ability's in the book its the canteen of the school, in the movie its in a cafe.

Oh. I don't necessarily mind that, it's not exactly changed the main story in any way.

@Magnus: Is it really the worst movie ever? May I present some trailers to you of the worst movies ever...

(Okay, Halle Berry looks hot but still!)

@Magnus: Is it really the worst movie ever? May I present some trailers to you of the worst movies ever...

Weren't you listening, Dazz? Edward and Bella were talking in a café instead of in the canteen! :angry:

Also, you should stop watching obviously terrible movies.

Its not just where they were talking, its the fact in the book, they include other characters into the scenrio its just littile things like that which bug me. I liked the films dont' get me wrong but I wish they didn't do uncessary changes.

and catwoman does NOT deserve to be there!

I have to agree with Ryuk slightly *sky turns red, ground shakes, empires fall*, Catwoman is hardly a "shit" film, it's just quite horribly bad and I'm sure a lot of people would dislike it. Shit films are those like the Friedchicken & Selzter or whatever movies, like Disaster Movie, Epic Movie etc.

But Catwoman isn't painful to watch or anything. It is what it is, let's just deal with it.

Weren't you listening, Dazz? Edward and Bella were talking in a café instead of in the canteen! :angry:

Also, you should stop watching obviously terrible movies.

I was merely pointing out that there are much worse movies out there than Twilight.

Also, the only good thing about Catwoman is Halle Berry. Everything else was dire and quite embarrassing and sometimes even cringeworthy. It really is a crap movie. Maybe not the worst movie ever but still, it was close to it. The story started off pretty okay and then started going downhill so fast, everything spiralled out of control. Everything from the story to the characters were rubbish. It did have potential, which is the most annoying part. If they actually sat down and had given it a lot of time and thought and attention to the story and the characters, it would have been miles better. It just felt so rushed. I know it's a movie that you shouldn't take seriously but still, it was just...FAIL! Even Halle Berry couldn't save it! Admittedly though, there were a 2 or 3 scenes from memory that were good but the rest of the movie just stunk. As Paj said, it is what it is and what it is is bad, haha.

Besides, Michelle Pfeiffer will always be Catwoman to me. :love:

Edited by Animal

Not if you appreciate it's campiness.

Some films are really bad, but are Secretly Amazing tm. Like Batman & Robin. And Catwoman (well not Secretly Amazing tm, more like Secretly Tolerable tm). And Showgirls.

Let it be what it is, which is really bad. It's still a slickly produced piece of rubbish with a decent amount entertainment value to be derived from it's lack of quality.

I hate defending things I don't feel passionate about though.

Not if you appreciate it's campiness.

Some films are really bad, but are Secretly Amazing tm. Like Batman & Robin. And Catwoman (well not Secretly Amazing tm, more like Secretly Tolerable tm). And Showgirls.

Let it be what it is, which is really bad. It's still a slickly produced piece of rubbish with a decent amount entertainment value to be derived from it's lack of quality.

I hate defending things I don't feel passionate about though.

All of those movies above are just terrible...well...yeah, just terrible. Like, I get that Catwoman was quite camp yet sexy but it wasn't the kind of camp that you could tolerate, it was more cringeworthy if anything...well, I suppose guys could tolerate Halle Berry in a leather catsuit but still, if we're talking about the movie itself, it's just a no. I've promised Ryuk that I'll watch it again with an open-mind, ignoring my first opinion but I really can't see my mind changing. Without Halle Berry, Catwoman would have been even worse than it is.

Also, I didn't like Showgirls either. Randy from Scream 2 was right, it really was more like a scary movie, haha. Though Batman and Robin was actually quite fun, but it was terrible.

Okay so right now, I'm currently on Dead and Gone, which is the ninth book in the Sookie Stackhouse novels and I must say, the books are pretty much a page turner and the characters are a little different in the books than they are in the series but in a good way, considering the books mainly focus on Sookie and the series focuses on everyone. The books become more and more interesting as the series go on, which is a good thing but that's not why I revived this thread.

I revived this thread because, as many of you probably know, True Blood is back and I just really want to talk about what I witnessed. Major WTFs! Like, the first 10 minutes of True Blood was a little like watching a rejected clip from Charmed or something and some of the changes in the show I can't really see working.

I mean, in the books, there's quite a few things that are different but there's a couple of characters who shouldn't have turned out like they had. Normally, the writers of the show makes some great changes that work but I can't see how they're going to change this but I have faith that the series will get better but the first show was pretty much slow. The last five minutes rocked though. I thought the episode was decent enough but it could have been way better than it was.

What are your thoughts on the first episode of Season Four?

I really liked it. I think the show could have started going a little stale at this point but the switcheroo they pulled has spruced things up a little. It's fresher and the new status quo is fun to piece together. Some of the changes were a bit weird, others were more interesting. Either way, they're worth watching for.

I agree but the first ten minutes annoyed me mainly because of the circumstances and the characters in the books and how they're so different. One of the characters are completely different and it pissed me off a little bit, hahaha.

Yeah, get over changes.

I enjoyed it. I agree with it feeling fresh. I put that down to the time skip, think it was needed. I loved Queen Mab, I remember being mentioned by Shakespeare (Mercutio) in Romeo & Juliet.

I don't watch this show (always found it too soapy and this episode helped reaffirm this) but Jodie wanted to watch this tonight. I still don't see the appeal. Maybe because it was a premiere but it felt dull.

Although it amused me that the same actor (forget his name) who played Sooki's grandfather also plays Sarah Walker's dad even though the characters are the same age.

Which Sarah Walker are you talking about? Cause THIS Sarah Walker has no idea whatchoo on about foo'.

rachel-griffiths.jpg?d=600

Which Sarah Walker are you talking about? Cause THIS Sarah Walker has no idea whatchoo on about foo'.

rachel-griffiths.jpg?d=600

I love her. I really do.

She was awesome in Six Feet Under:love:

tumblr_lccw6aSyuU1qcujlyo1_500.jpg

You want something?

Genuinely one of my favourite fictional women (other than that mid season three point where they made her kind of naff). None of this namby pamby Brothers and Sisters shit.

Wah, wah, they changed it, now it sucks. I get enough of this when I read the IMDb boards. :indeed:

I don't think it sucks, I love True Blood and the second episode was fantastic, I adored it and that didn't really follow the book either. The only thing I didn't really like in the first episode was a change in one of the characters because she was one of my favourite characters who had a great personality but I pretty much liked everything else even though it was slow. The rest I liked/tolerated/whatever.

I love the TV show but its very different from the books, the third season was a bit of a let down, they changed so much of the story from the book

well actually it wasn't so bad but the removal of the Character bubba was what annoyed me, i really wanted to see how they would do him, and getting rid of Russel well, it basically means they won't be aiming for every book as a season since he crops up again

I agree with the Bubba thing!! And season 3 confused me too much wish Alcide had a bigger part. Didnt like what they did with Debbie though but I LOVE LA FAYETTE!

Yeah, I hated them not putting Bubba in, it really would have been interesting to see how they approached it and I hate how Alcide doesn't play a big part in the show even though he does in the books.

Also, I'm very much hoping that a character who was in the fourth book (if I recall correctly) will be in this series as she is a cool character as is her situation. Episode 2, as fans of the books can tell, should be following the books. I do love how they involve Tara and Lafayette a lot though.

wait series 4 is on tv? what Channel? i thought it was out only in the US at the moment

wait series 4 is on tv? what Channel? i thought it was out only in the US at the moment

My thoughts exactly!