NEurope
Beast

True Blood

No not at all,

Bill & Sookie aren't together by book 4, and Eric is a major part in the book series.

the tv series does follow the books in the way of it has the same characters but there are parts in the book that are missed out in the TV series, and the TV Series makes stuff up...

Jason being in the fellowship.... doesn't happen, and the whole Fellowship story line from season 2 is in the book, but alot different.

also this may make some people sad but

Jessica in the books!

Edit - This is pretty good -

http://truebloodwiki.hbo.com/page/True+Blood:+Books+vs.+Series

Edited by Murr

Jessica is one of my favourites. :( I might pick up for the first 2 or 3 cheap.

Hmmmmyeeaaahhh.

Season 3 has definitely been the weakest so far IMHO. Does it pick up? I'm on about episode 3.

Season three has the best villain of all the seasons so far. I don't remember when, but I do think it gets better later on.

I love true blood, I've not read the books, but the series are brilliant, the third especially, I can't wait for the fourth.

Does anybody know when it's out?

I love true blood, I've not read the books, but the series are brilliant, the third especially, I can't wait for the fourth.

Does anybody know when it's out?

Read the books, they're truly amazing! (I've only read one but it's amazing, lmao).

Also, reading through this, I can see so many things that Twilight has ripped off. I think the only thing Stephenie Meyer actually made up herself is the fact that vampires can sparkle...errr, yeah....

Don't let this put you off though, the Sookie Stackhouse novels are actually well-written.

Read the books, they're truly amazing! (I've only read one but it's amazing, lmao).

Are they really "truly amazing"?

I'm hardly one to talk about hyperbole, but sometimes it verges on being a lie. :p

It was good/fine (better than the abortion that was the 3 pages I read of Twilight), with some cooler elements than the series, and some absolute rubbish they made better in the series.

Are they really "truly amazing"?

I'm hardly one to talk about hyperbole, but sometimes it verges on being a lie. :p

It was good/fine (better than the abortion that was the 3 pages I read of Twilight), with some cooler elements than the series, and some absolute rubbish they made better in the series.

I say what I mean, Paj, lol. The storytelling is fantastic to me and quite realistic, the way it is written like we are reading Sookie's diary instead of seeing it from her point of view...if that made ANY sense, lmao. I also love the way the characters are in the book. Bill is really mysterious and I love how Sookie is with him. Don't get me wrong, Bill is quite mysterious in the show but I think he's more so in the book and Eric is so awesome in the book as well and he's only been in one chapter that I've read. Pam is wicked too.

I love a good pageturner and although I do like Twilight, it didn't do that for me. TSSN, however, does and the first book is brilliant so far, I love it.

Tara isn't even in it (as far as I've read, I'm on page 190) and Lafayette says three sentences at best. Then again, Lafayette and Sookie hardly spoke in the first series so I could excuse that but I love Tara!

:(

tbh if your going to make a romance vampire movie you can't get too far away from the simler films/books anyway, steph mayer may of got inspiration from tb but i don't think she intentully copied everything. She gave what most teens want these days, which is annoying to say the least, Atleast TB kept to its core about what vampires werent ment to be(hard ass mother fuckers) even though they messed that up with some of the vamps, Which is why I liked 30 days of night, (the first one) cuz they went back to what vampires were ment to portray, none of this romantic crap nonsense.

Vampires have (almost) ALWAYS been tied to romance/sexuality. Their bloodlust has been used symbolically (as it is even in Twilight a little bit, though Meyer shoves in her Mormon views there just to be rude) and metaphorically.

Especially in things like Dracula.

I say what I mean, Paj, lol. The storytelling is fantastic to me and quite realistic, the way it is written like we are reading Sookie's diary instead of seeing it from her point of view...if that made ANY sense, lmao. I also love the way the characters are in the book. Bill is really mysterious and I love how Sookie is with him. Don't get me wrong, Bill is quite mysterious in the show but I think he's more so in the book and Eric is so awesome in the book as well and he's only been in one chapter that I've read. Pam is wicked too.

I love a good pageturner and although I do like Twilight, it didn't do that for me. TSSN, however, does and the first book is brilliant so far, I love it.

Tara isn't even in it (as far as I've read, I'm on page 190) and Lafayette says three sentences at best. Then again, Lafayette and Sookie hardly spoke in the first series so I could excuse that but I love Tara!

:(

Tara in the Sookie Stackhouse Novels isn't really even the same Tara from the tv series. From the books I've read (up to 5 of the 9 or 10, I should finish them off really) She's not the same, and her mum isn't even mentioned.

Eggs / Maryann from the TV show aren't in the books either. There is a Maenard, Faries, Warewolves, Shifters, Witches....

Love them!

tbh if your going to make a romance vampire movie you can't get too far away from the simler films/books anyway, steph mayer may of got inspiration from tb but i don't think she intentully copied everything. She gave what most teens want these days, which is annoying to say the least, Atleast TB kept to its core about what vampires werent ment to be(hard ass mother fuckers) even though they messed that up with some of the vamps, Which is why I liked 30 days of night, (the first one) cuz they went back to what vampires were ment to portray, none of this romantic crap nonsense.

If you read TSSN, you can see an awful lot she got inspired by. Sometimes it's even laughable how much 'inspiration' Meyers had. I couldn't believe it myself. It's so blatantly obvious she's read TSSN or at least read through the plot. I like Twilight but it really is a rip-off.

Tara in the Sookie Stackhouse Novels isn't really even the same Tara from the tv series. From the books I've read (up to 5 of the 9 or 10, I should finish them off really) She's not the same, and her mum isn't even mentioned.

Eggs / Maryann from the TV show aren't in the books either. There is a Maenard, Faries, Warewolves, Shifters, Witches....

Love them!

This disappoints! Is Tara okay in the books? I wanted to see how the season two story was like in the book. :(

Ah well, still love them.

This disappoints! Is Tara okay in the books? I wanted to see how the season two story was like in the book. :(

Ah well, still love them.

Yeah she's okay in the books (I personally can't stand her on the tv series, she bugs me alot!)

In the books from what I re-call (been a while since i've read them) She's actually doing well, works in a clothes shop, gets with a vampire who treats her rough, but has lots of money, and she ends up lending Sookie lots of things like a car, clothes etc, where as in the TV series it's sort of the other way around where Tara depends on Sookie for lots of things.

Really? She's completely different! I can tell by reading the books that Lafayette is the same, which is a good sign. What about season three's story, is that like it is in the books or is that also made up by the TV writers?

Part of me doesn't want to read the books because of how different it sounds to the TV series, I really do hate it when they base somthing from its orginal source and change lots of it, in some cases even the overall story.

Twilight was a very good example of this, they changed so much from the books its shocking unesscary parts too which were better in the books.

Part of me doesn't want to read the books because of how different it sounds to the TV series, I really do hate it when they base somthing from its orginal source and change lots of it, in some cases even the overall story.

Twilight was a very good example of this, they changed so much from the books its shocking unesscary parts too which were better in the books.

What I do like about the series and the books are that both of them are awesome, even when there are changes. Like, I found season two/season three to be one of my favourites and season two's story isn't even a book, the TV writers made that up. Brilliant stuff.

I can't remember any major changes in Twilight except for how Bella and Edward first met, that was totally screwed up and they missed a couple of things out to my knowledge but it didn't spoil the movie exactly. Like, I don't exactly recall there being chunks of chapters missed out...still, it can be bad but I think it all depends on who the writer is.

Really? She's completely different! I can tell by reading the books that Lafayette is the same, which is a good sign. What about season three's story, is that like it is in the books or is that also made up by the TV writers?

Lafayette is dead by the end of the first book, you know how at the end of season 1 in the tv show Miss Janette is found in Andy's Car... well in the book it's Lafayette.

Well so far with season 3 i've only seent he first 3 or 4 episodes that have been broadcast on FX. I remember the characters like Russel Edgington, but honestly cant remember their actions in the books.

Alcie is a main character in the book series, Debbie and Alcie sister cameo in the book, kinda like they have done so far in season 3 (from what i've seen)

Sookie sleeps with Eric on many occasions in the book

Sam doesn't find his family in the books (from what I've read up to) and there is no Daphne in the books

I'm not going to read the spoilers but it looks like I've got a lot to look forward to. I just hope they're good changes, haha. Eric and Pam are more or less the same from what I've read so far, which is a good sign.

I can't remember any major changes in Twilight except for how Bella and Edward first met, that was totally screwed up and they missed a couple of things out to my knowledge but it didn't spoil the movie exactly. Like, I don't exactly recall there being chunks of chapters missed out...still, it can be bad but I think it all depends on who the writer is.

that and the begining of the actural film, and wnhere he talks about his powers etc just from the top of my head.

that and the begining of the actural film, and wnhere he talks about his powers etc just from the top of my head.

I don't recall it actually changing the story majorly though, only a little. I also don't know which scene that is, do you mean the one in the forest when he's saying he could kill her or when they're at the Cullens' house and he's like "Hold tight, spidermonkey (wtf moment)"?

Diverging from the source material worked for Dexter. The books seem to have completely lost the plot later on, with supernatural elements and the like. I'm so relieved they've kept that stuff out of the TV show.

I don't recall it actually changing the story majorly though, only a little. I also don't know which scene that is, do you mean the one in the forest when he's saying he could kill her or when they're at the Cullens' house and he's like "Hold tight, spidermonkey (wtf moment)"?

no when his showing off about his mind reading ability's in the book its the canteen of the school, in the movie its in a cafe.