NEurope
Beast

True Blood

Even Snoop Dogg loves True Blood! So what about the people here on N-E? I think it's fantastic. It's getting better every season. Season 3 is by far my favourite and I love the cliffhangers in True Blood.

Does anybody else like Bill and 'Sookeh'?

I do indeed like True Blood...

however i prefer the book series by Charlaine Harris.

I watched all of Season 1 and did really really like it, and half of Season 2 (never caught the 2nd half on FX) and not even started season 3.

I'll get boxsets of 1 and 2 on dvd after my birthday i reckon.

but yeah the books man, they're awesome, and are so different to the tv series. Tara isnt a main character in the books, and she's alot different to the tv series.

Jason is still Jason... but after the 4th book he's totally different (anyone thats read them will know)

Eric is fucking awesome in the book, hands down best character, i think he's awesome in the tv show, but in the books, wow just another level. makes Bill look like a right pussy.

Spoiler ---- (i'm dumb and couldnt figure the spoiler tags, i know SQL not HTML :p so just highlight the below to reveal!!!)

but there are so many creatures in the books, fairy's, witches, shifters, were's... i think in season 3 were's and shifters are now common place right?

but in answer to the question of the thread, yeah i love True Blood, and definatly reccomend the books to anyone who likes the TV Show

Edited by Murr

I'm still waiting for the 2nd season to air. I'm not as impatient as you lot to view/obtain it by other methods.

I'm still waiting for the 2nd season to air. I'm not as impatient as you lot to view/obtain it by other methods.

It did air on FX. or do you mean like channel 4?

Murr; you can use spoilers like so;

[spoiler=OMGWTF]spoilerific details go here[/spoiler]

EDIT: Ok so I can never get that code thing right --

stuff goes here[/spoiler*], but without the asterix...es... Asteri?

Or, in future just use the [noparse] tag to explain tags :p

(personally I think TB is shit)

I love True Blood. Me and the missus watched the first two series in just one week! HARDCORE. Got pretty obsessed with it. First series was so awesome, we loved it. Second series got a little strange but still very enjoyable.

It's like twilight but just a hell of a lot better and for adults.

We've only seen 2 episodes of series three so far and we're still hooked. Gonna hit up some more episodes over the weekend and catch up. Love the programme.

The missus has read all the books too, she filled me in on a lot of potential story lines and what goes on which is intriguing. I got her a bottle of true blood and a merlottes t-shirt the other day from forbidden planet :D

SOOKIE, SHE IS MINE.

For the UK viewers who are watching it on telly, Season Two starts this Thursday at 10pm on Channel 4.

For the UK viewers who are watching it on telly, Season Two starts this Thursday at 10pm on Channel 4.

got the V+ Box ready to record the series :)

That's terrible. I just watched the last episode of season 3 yesterday.

I still need to watch it! :(

I'm going to re-watch Season Two again, haha. Even though Season Three is easily the best, Season Two is still my favourite, haha.

Season 2 was nowhere near as good as the 1 or 3. A few of the characters in it are completely pointless and totally 2 dimensional.

Season 3 was really good, I think partly because it is getting a lot more mainstream and things moved more quickly than the previous series'.

Season Three rocked. After watching it all, I think it's become my new favourite or tied with Season Two.

Tara might be gone for good, I loved her in the show. I thought Lafayette was cool but does that suggest that he might take up witchcraft with Jesus? Also, a fantastic twist about Bill planting those two people who battered Sookie just to get her to love him, I was shocked myself. I'm happy that Eric isn't dead though, haha.

Does anybody know when Season Four will be released?

JUST POWERED THROUGH THE ENTIRE SERIES IN LIKE...A WEEK AND A BIT/2 WEEKS

Love it.

I HATE how Twilight is like someone took this and pissed on it. This is amazingggggg. WAY more X-Rated than I imagined. Very sexy. And swearing just makes things more realistic.

Loved Season 3. I love the characters, they're so fully realised. I loved the reveals of the Season 3 finale.

More Spoilerific Thoughts on the characters

I love Tara. She's so beaten and broken. I hope that's not her leaving at the end, I thought she was just parking her car, lol. :shakehead She needs to wurk her afro more in Bon Temps. She's hilar.

I hate Tommy, but then you're meant to. I don't think Sam killed him - too obvious and pointless. That ending is a clear parallel to that flashback earlier, so I assume he'll just have like...shot his leg or something.

I love Jessica. She's cool. At first I hated, but then she got good. I'm so scared for her..Ms. Fortenberry has taken it too far.

Bill and Sookie are fine, strangely some of the least interesting characters, but I suppose it's the plotlines around them that matter. Bills reveal was shocking in that I didn't think it would be true, despite being hinted. I love the inclusion of Faerieland, what will Sookie learn there?! I hope she gets cool pixie powers.

Eric is stun. Pam is stun. Ginger the screaming waitress is stun.

I wish they'd just killed Russel properly, this just leaves it open to him coming back. Oh well.

The Werewolves were alright. Didn't feel fully developed, nor was I that interested in them. Alseed (or whatever his name was) and Sookie's flirting felt forced. Debbie was cool, but why didn't she turn into a wolf to fight Sookie?

Lafayette's story is cool now we know his boyfriend is a witch...I was waiting for witches to appear, as I knew they would.

Arleen's clearly opened a box of worms with her mystical non-abortion. Her new waitress friend is clearly planning. Terry is fine/a nice character/interesting with his PTSD.

The Queen was funny. Though realistically I'm not that excited by the tease of a showdown between her and Bill. I guess I should be though.

Jason's stories are never that interesting. I'm already bored of him supporting a rabid community of druggies.

Sam's alright. I hate drunk though.

Currently on s03e09, literally half-way through the ep and I had to pause it -- I love how Russel has Talbot (or whatever his name is) in a glass urn and carries it about.

JUST POWERED THROUGH THE ENTIRE SERIES IN LIKE...A WEEK AND A BIT/2 WEEKS

Love it.

I HATE how Twilight is like someone took this and pissed on it. This is amazingggggg. WAY more X-Rated than I imagined. Very sexy. And swearing just makes things more realistic.

Loved Season 3. I love the characters, they're so fully realised. I loved the reveals of the Season 3 finale.

More Spoilerific Thoughts on the characters

I love Tara. She's so beaten and broken. I hope that's not her leaving at the end, I thought she was just parking her car, lol. :shakehead She needs to wurk her afro more in Bon Temps. She's hilar.

I hate Tommy, but then you're meant to. I don't think Sam killed him - too obvious and pointless. That ending is a clear parallel to that flashback earlier, so I assume he'll just have like...shot his leg or something.

I love Jessica. She's cool. At first I hated, but then she got good. I'm so scared for her..Ms. Fortenberry has taken it too far.

Bill and Sookie are fine, strangely some of the least interesting characters, but I suppose it's the plotlines around them that matter. Bills reveal was shocking in that I didn't think it would be true, despite being hinted. I love the inclusion of Faerieland, what will Sookie learn there?! I hope she gets cool pixie powers.

Eric is stun. Pam is stun. Ginger the screaming waitress is stun.

I wish they'd just killed Russel properly, this just leaves it open to him coming back. Oh well.

The Werewolves were alright. Didn't feel fully developed, nor was I that interested in them. Alseed (or whatever his name was) and Sookie's flirting felt forced. Debbie was cool, but why didn't she turn into a wolf to fight Sookie?

Lafayette's story is cool now we know his boyfriend is a witch...I was waiting for witches to appear, as I knew they would.

Arleen's clearly opened a box of worms with her mystical non-abortion. Her new waitress friend is clearly planning. Terry is fine/a nice character/interesting with his PTSD.

The Queen was funny. Though realistically I'm not that excited by the tease of a showdown between her and Bill. I guess I should be though.

Jason's stories are never that interesting. I'm already bored of him supporting a rabid community of druggies.

Sam's alright. I hate drunk though.

Good. Now watch Breaking Bad, Dexter and read Dynamo 5, then we're square.

Currently on s03e09, literally half-way through the ep and I had to pause it -- I love how Russel has Talbot (or whatever his name is) in a glass urn and carries it about.

That was genius.

This is a quality series- I think it has the most interesting take on Vampires I've ever seen. Their portrayal as a whole secret society with a whole hierarchy, decorum and customs is really very cool and their sense of age is so expertly handled.

And they're dangerous too. Profoundly so, and verging on the alien in quite a brilliant way.

I adore True Blood, Season 3 is definitely the best one out of all of them. My favourite characters are by far Tara and Eric but as Paj said, I hate how Twilight is basically a watered-down bad version of it. I actually didn't know the Sookie Stackhouse novels came out before Twilight and there's so many similarities to it. I like Twilight but True Blood is ten times better and I'd love to read the books, I can't find out a proper answer on how many books there are though, does anybody know?

this site suggests there are 10, which you can buy for $50 altogether. Not sure if I'll ever bother reading them though, if I'm honest.

I'm about 10 mins into the final ep of the season, so I'll probably (double)post (automerge) again in a bit.

My friend's read a few of them, he said there were ten too. I can't be arsed reading them, I have a feeling they won't be as good books as how good a TV show the adaptation is.

I don't know if that was proper English. Actually, it does make sense.

He tells me jokes from the books that could make it into the show. And things like how Lafayete died really early on in the books, but obviously this isn't part of the show. And apparently Tara isn't even in the books.

I heard that the books are quite different - akin to how dexter derailed the books in favour of how the show went. While Walking Dead should encourage people to read the comics, I don't think True Blood has the same appeal... The show stretches my patience at times, so I don't think the books will do me any good.

Finished the season - lots of lovely cliffhangers and returning to status-quo. I particularly enjoyed Russel's burial - reminded me of what happened to Angel at the end of season... 3? only much much more inhumane. Glad they didn't get rid of the character altogether.

My favourite character is easily Terry. This season wasn't his strongest, but he's such a gem.

As for my favourite season? I think this was better than 2, but 1 is still the winner for me.

I've read the first 8 books, just bought 9 and 10... and they are better than the tv series by a country mile.

I LOVE the tv series mind, don't think i'm a hater, but the books are so much better.

However if you like Tara and Lafayette in the tv series the books will dissapoint you as they're not in the book series as much if at all (Tara certainly isn't), so all the Tara's mum's drunken / demon possessed story line from season 1 isn't there, the Lafayette in Eric's dungeon and dealing V for him from Season 2 isn't there....

Seriously people if you like the TV show.... you MUST read the books, do yourselves a favour and get them!

Eric in the books is 10 times more epic than in the tv show.... I cant sing any more praises for the book series!

Edited by Murr

I might do then. I'm so dubious...is it ALL about the vampire/human love story? Cause that's not really the most interesting part of the show.