NEurope
SPAMBOT4000

Self harm.

Is that a hint there spambot?

I don't understand why anyone would do it.

Is that a hint there spambot?

Most likely. Perhaps he's looking for justification in numbers.

But if I was in Comedy Rainbow [voluntarily] I'd self harm too. :heh:

I wouldn't, I'd just leave. Self harm is a bit stupid in my eyes. No offence.

No. I understand it, and it does seem like people do it over less stuff than has been/is going in my head, but I have a fear of veins/blood/tendons/rubbing till it bleeds. And actually..y'know..no desire to self-harm. :/

I don't get where the initial desire to do it comes from though. Is it a knowledge that people self-harm out of sadness/depression, and so people think there's a reason? Or is it some natural compulsion..?

No. I understand it, and it does seem like people do it over less stuff than has been/is going in my head

The technical term is that they're complete "pussies"

I don't get where the initial desire to do it comes from though. Is it a knowledge that people self-harm out of sadness/depression, and so people think there's a reason? Or is it some natural compulsion..?

I'm going to follow the crowd and blame the music industry. Where they got their inspiration from is another matter.

Anyone still do it even though they're 24 and should really know much better?

Even though he's just this day turned 23, my brother should know better. I've just returned from hospital where the police have taken him after finding him passed out in a pub toilet. No doubt having taken some form of hard narcotic as well as getting hammered. I'm not that happy as I took a picture on my phone of him all hooked up nd shit, and now it doesn't seem to have taken. Tis a shame. It would have made a perfect scare image for him.

I'm going to follow the crowd and blame the music industry. Where they got their inspiration from is another matter.

I think it's more than just the music industry. A lot of animals self harm under certain conditions.

Apart from Emo Emu of course, that's obviously music influenced.

emo%20emu%20jared%20hindman.jpg

But if I was in Comedy Rainbow [voluntarily] I'd self harm too. :heh:

I think voluntarily watching it counts as self harm too.

I think it's more than just the music industry. A lot of animals self harm under certain conditions.

That's where music must've copied it from! Then made a massive paradox with the Emo Emu :heh:

¬_¬

I don't understand people who are victims of bullying so they self harm. Whose side are you on?

I used to know somebody in my school who used to do it to herself. She was constantly ignored and she fell into the background most of the time and she hardly had any friends and the friends she did have, she drove away. I tried to befriend her but it turns out she didn't want any friends, she just sat there alone and then, later on, it came to light that she was cutting up her legs because she hated them. She hated how she looked that much. Also, she liked the pain. I don't know why but you'll find with people who self-harm like the pain like it's some kind of drug. She left school in Year 8 or 9 and I never saw her again.

People do it for different reasons but sometimes it's just a cry for attention.

Edited by Animal

I think it's disgraceful that people who should know better on here are making jokes about this.

How can you judge without knowing all the facts. I implore you all to find out more information on this, and you should start by visiting the new emo website:

http://www.emo.com/wrists

Edited by Dog-amoto

Also, she liked the pain. I don't know why but you'll find with people who self-harm like the pain like it's some kind of drug. She left school in Year 8 or 9 and I never saw her again.

I believe it's because it releases endorphins.

I thought the jokes were a bid bad too. Made Spambot edit his first post anyway...

I don't cut myself but I do throw myself at walls a lot doing parkour and the pain is part of the fun. Not a big part, but I get it.

The technical term is that they're complete "pussies"

Come on now...different people react differently to pain and hardships. Not all can shrug everything off just like that...which might make them resort to harming either themselves or others. This can be mental / verbal or physical...So in a way, self-harm is not that different from e.g. self-deprecation, a rather common mode of behaviour...

I believe it's because it releases endorphins.

Apparently, it helps to shift the attention from mental pain to physical...so it's basically a distraction.

but I have a fear of veins/blood/tendons/rubbing till it bleeds. And actually..y'know..no desire to self-harm. :/

Same, would be quite difficult for me. Thus resorted to self-deprecation instead...

Edited by Ville

I, too, think the jokes are a bit harsh. Not that I think there are things you can't make fun of, but the jokes posted seem to express a lack of understanding for the people involved. Not everyone is mentally strong, and you certainly have to be to cope with the things life throw at you sometimes.

Personally, even though I have experienced periods of sadness (I won't call it depression, that's too heavy a term), I've never felt the need to self-harm. That's just not an option in my mind. I'll rather deal with my issues and attempt to solve my problems. I don't think transferring the focus from mental to physical pain would work for me, anyway.

Come on now...different people react differently to pain and hardships. Not all can shrug everything off just like that...which might make them resort to harming either themselves or others. This can be mental / verbal or physical...So in a way, self-harm is not that different from e.g. self-deprecation, a rather common mode of behaviour...

I'm not disputing people deal with certain things in different ways. I just think they're cowards. Like you said it's a distraction.

I think only Moogle got my joke.

Or was the only one who found it funny anyway...

There's really no self harm in the jokes.

?

Yeesh, you could cut the atmosphere with a knife....

There's really no self harm in the jokes.

?

Not at all. I believe anything can be funny. It wasn't the jokes I didn't like. It was the attitude of some people that seemed a bit harsh.