NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

Personally I think its a bad showing. A "noooo" post from the person lynched, but nothing else should be allowed.

Personally I think its a bad showing. A "noooo" post from the person lynched, but nothing else should be allowed.

My sentiments exactly, though I can't find where this bloody came up before. I hope he'll forgive me for naming him but I believe he isn't currently playing anything, I used to notice 'commiserative' posts made by Dannyboy(legit or not is not my judgement here) back in the day - it sorta just happened here or there by one or two at first, then for a while seemed to become more norm by more than a few folks, and it really started to irk me. It hasn't happened so much lately, but I don't think it ever came up as a solid discussion for a verdict - and I haven't run any games to crack down/set limits on it myself.

It isn't an exclusive issue to particular players, it's happened on occasion by a number of people - I'm just wondering the general opinion on it.

The game is over when the game is over. If it's night, game is still on, everything that a living player does is part of the play. In my next game, even lament posts will not be allowed

Before, those posts were of the "Yay, mafioso dead!" or "Oh noes, he was a townie :o", so I let it happen.

But I've noticed that, recently, those night posts extend a conversation that was being had previously and THAT is just unacceptable, agreed. I do think some tighter rules are in order.

If I ever run a game again, I'm definitely enforcing that.

Before, those posts were of the "Yay, mafioso dead!" or "Oh noes, he was a townie :o", so I let it happen.

But I've noticed that, recently, those night posts extend a conversation that was being had previously and THAT is just unacceptable, agreed. I do think some tighter rules are in order.

If I ever run a game again, I'm definitely enforcing that.

My issue is - if I'm posting either of those - does it not try to portray myself as a townie in a period where game talk is forbidden? Not only that, but in a period where people are to decide who they target in the night. As always, it's more benefit to mafia, but I still think it's something I'm not personally cool with.

I had my view changed very recently.. I now don't agree with posting at night at all. even if you're dead.

I posted at night to confirm the state of the Insane mafia as Peeps had said something that I assumed was a mistake and so I wanted to make sure people not fully paying attention didn't waste their night targeting a dead player.

With hindsight though and after speaking with Yvonne, it would have been better had I PM'd Peeps as Yvonne pointed out if I was a Mafioso he would have assumed i'd have asked such a question in the Mafia forum and it could have influenced him to think I was town.

Yvonne is obviously right and so I could have possibly influenced the game at night (if I hadn't died that night anyway).

Lesson learned.

Other than the dead person (who would reveal no new information), there should be no responses until the next day. And, unless it's a very short night (or someone the host had updated to apologise for lateness shortly before finishing), there is no need for an automerge prevention.

I'm with the majority here even if I'm lenient on it in my games. Definitely shouldn't have any posting at night that relates to the game in any way.

My issue is - if I'm posting either of those - does it not try to portray myself as a townie in a period where game talk is forbidden? Not only that, but in a period where people are to decide who they target in the night. As always, it's more benefit to mafia, but I still think it's something I'm not personally cool with.

I personally never saw anything wrong with it because "portraying oneself as a townie" is exactly what everyone is doing. I've seen mafiosos post that kind of message before, and I never noticed any shift in targeting because of it.

That said, all this leniency has led to people pushing the rules, definitely.

My sentiments exactly, though I can't find where this bloody came up before. I hope he'll forgive me for naming him but I believe he isn't currently playing anything, I used to notice 'commiserative' posts made by Dannyboy(legit or not is not my judgement here) back in the day - it sorta just happened here or there by one or two at first, then for a while seemed to become more norm by more than a few folks, and it really started to irk me. It hasn't happened so much lately, but I don't think it ever came up as a solid discussion for a verdict - and I haven't run any games to crack down/set limits on it myself.

No worries. I did indeed make such a post in Jonnas's latest mafia, which I immediately regretted, though deleting it would simply have made things worse.

Back in the day it was more common, but it never really had any noticeable effect on the games, so nobody really questioned it. It's my impression that in the latest "generation" of mafia games, our approach to the games has become far more meta, meaning more focus on rules such as these. As such, I do think it best to start enforcing them more rigidly.

(I guess don't reply to this post yet, but....I am having so much fun running HGUFM that I could cry).

How long is the queue?

I want in. I have this mafia inspiration that just doesn't leave the brain.

Though only after February, as I won't have time before then.

Game order:

Marcamillian - ?

ReZourceman - Hyper-Gemstone-Ultra-Fish Mafia

DuD - Mr Men Mafia

Yvonne - Prison Mafia

Sméagol - High Risk High Reward mafia 2: the Christmas massacre

DuD - The Mr Men Masquerade

Diageo - Gods & Demons

ReZourceman - Pokemafia EX Alpha 2

Mr-Plow - ???

JimBob - ???

Cube - LEGO Mafia #2: DIY

Sméagol - “DAWTFYW” mafia

Jonnas - ???

ReZourceman - Hyper-Gemstone Ultra-Fish Sequel

Hey guys, thinking of joining a mafia game sometime soon but haven't played for AGES! Anyone want to give me a catch up? I really enjoyed these back in the day but it will be really helpful to know how long they seem to be going on for lately and what the kind of day/night turnover is.

"Death to townsfolk!"

Hey guys, thinking of joining a mafia game sometime soon but haven't played for AGES! Anyone want to give me a catch up? I really enjoyed these back in the day but it will be really helpful to know how long they seem to be going on for lately and what the kind of day/night turnover is.

"Death to townsfolk!"

Hey, another player about would be great. Currently 2 Mafia games run simultaneously, with the next one starting shortly after the last one ends. Day phase is usually around 48 hours and night 24 hours.

Game length can vary...usually between 2-4 weeks.

Hey, another player about would be great. Currently 2 Mafia games run simultaneously, with the next one starting shortly after the last one ends. Day phase is usually around 48 hours and night 24 hours.

Game length can vary...usually between 2-4 weeks.

Muahahah, fantastico. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck in and the 80s/90s mafia looks like it's whittling down quite quickly!

It looks like the same people are playing mostly?

Maybe you should clear up if you really intend to host 2 games in short succession, because you’re mentioned twice in the list.