NEurope
ReZourceman

Mafia General Discussion Thread

I have a few questions. What are your favourite roles so far in the Pokemafias?

Do you prefer playing mafia or townie or neutral?

I'll have a few more when the current Pokemafia wraps.

Is anyone else considering running one?

X-Men Mafia so far has annoyed me. I'm gonna make a sequel with a better selection of roles, I think. Bad luck and not enough exciting roles has made it stagnant.

TBF it's the first one I've run in like 3 years, so it was a refresher.

I liked the premise of your's Paj, but obviously it just seemed to be ruined after I was unluckily watched after the first night and caught out. Usually its a bit better if the mafia remain aloof for the first night I find, more suspicion and worry.

Also people not playing/ saying anything really are the bane of the mafia games.

Also people not playing/ saying anything really are the bane of the mafia games.

This. It truly is annoying. Granted, it's always slow in the beginning when there's not much info to go by, but people need to get talking and sharing info to really get the game started. That's why I'm loving the current Pokémafia - suspicions and accusations are flying all over the place, and various theories are being discussed. It's great and exactly how a mafia game should be. :D

I thought that maybe a mafia game where you could communicate with each other outside of the game might be good. I won't run it though as the mafia game I ran was pretty crap.

I think he means a mafia game where communication isn't limited to the thread. Mafia members are already allowed to communicate outside the thread, but not townies (some roles are an exception, for example SPAMBOT's and my Plusle and Minun roles in an earlier Pokémafia game).

I think he means a mafia game where communication isn't limited to the thread. Mafia members are already allowed to communicate outside the thread, but not townies (some roles are an exception, for example SPAMBOT's and my Plusle and Minun roles in an earlier Pokémafia game).

Yeah this. It would probably turn out shit like most of my other ideas but I think if people were allowed to talk secretly with each other it may lead to some conniving and suspicion of sorts. Or it may not, I don't know.

I like the sounds of it, but surely the mafia could just run riot on that. And people who have more free time to pm etc would have a much wider influence than people who have less time and so won't be free to converse as much.

When I get back from work, I'm glad I have posts to read in the mafia thread so I can catch up with what's happening.

Does any of that make any sense to anyone else?

I like the sounds of it, but surely the mafia could just run riot on that. And people who have more free time to pm etc would have a much wider influence than people who have less time and so won't be free to converse as much.

When I get back from work, I'm glad I have posts to read in the mafia thread so I can catch up with what's happening.

Does any of that make any sense to anyone else?

Yeah, and I agree. While it could certainly be interesting to try, I think it'd be too hard to follow. Too complicated.

I was thinking of trying to run one when I get back from holiday on the 2nd. I've never been a mafia though so it might be a little noobish.

I'd like a shot at a mafia game again sometime soon. It was immensely fun last time, and this time I'm much better prepared. :)

I've been liking the pokémafias a lot. Plenty of finger-pointing there.

The only role I dislike is that of the silencer. It worsens the problem of inactivity, which is why I gave more creative roles to the mafiosos on the last mafia game I ran.

Speaking of which, I was thinking of running one as soon as I returned back from vacation, though there are plenty of people interested in doing that as well :heh:

I think there's room for multiple mafias running at once. I think we could handle at least three.

Though no more than three! I think that'd wear us out. :heh:

May I suggest, for the sake of the sport, that you wait a bit with your next game and let some others have the next go, ReZ?

If they can get them up in time sure. :p Like I said I absolutely think we could handle three at a time. There's still 1 other person that needs to write roles, do sign ups and start and in that time the X-Mafia will have probably finished, which if we use the "three max" rule then that still leaves two spaces.

Plus my next one will be awesome as fuck.

Well, I think I'll start working on one, then! :D I'll see when I finish, so if others are ready before me, just go ahead. :)

Bagsy sign up.

Can someone protect me on night one so I don't die straight away? It'd be nice to play a mafia. :p

I think I might start at Super Smash Bros Brawl mafia, if anyone is interested?

My favourite mafia game is still the first video game one. So much interesting stuff happened to me in that one - I was outed as neutral near the start but I explained it away, I had my power removed, I was recruited into a group, I gained a new power, the group I was in was stopped, I helped destroy the mafia then I stole the whole thing at the very end because I twisted something in the write-up to make it sound like it was referring to someone else.

My favourite mafia game is still the first video game one. So much interesting stuff happened to me in that one - I was outed as neutral near the start but I explained it away, I had my power removed, I was recruited into a group, I gained a new power, the group I was in was stopped, I helped destroy the mafia then I stole the whole thing at the very end because I twisted something in the write-up to make it sound like it was referring to someone else.

Oh yeah, I remember that one. If I was alive at the time, I would've exposed that hole-filled story of yours.

But nooo... The mafia don had to be a complete dick and sacrifice a henchman in order to kill me.

I've always liked that one you ran, where I was a mafioso Zapp Brannigan with triple vote.

Man, Nintendohnut figured us out for ages, but we forced him to help us achieve victory. And we would've done it faster, if Mundi hadn't confessed by accident.