NEurope
Dyson

Bioshock: Infinite

So, finished this today.

This is without doubt one of the finest games ever made. Absolutely. It's wonderful to see what the combination of great ideas and a massive budget can do. Amazing how they created something different again like they did with the first BioShock while also including so much of what made the first a gem.

They need to make more games like this. After you play something like this, you realise all post-apocalyptic, modern or world war set FPS games are just droll. Fabulous!

you realise all post-apocalyptic, modern or world war set FPS games are just droll.

I payed a modern FPS with a post-apocalyptic story not long after Bioshock Infinite. The game was fun but average to start with, then the story got more and more interesting and I was amazed by the end. That game is Spec Ops: The Line.

So the "all" thing isn't entirely true.

And Fallout 3 remains the game of the generation for me. (sure it's 3rd person too, pedant)

Fallout 3 isn't third person?

Great game too, but I wouldn't call it a FPS.

It's better played in first person but you can play it in 3rd person too. Helps to switch between them, 3rd is useful for stealth and appreciating perspective in terms of the size of your character vis a vis the wasteland. You missed out.

Edited by dwarf

Yeah I know about the 3rd person mode but it was done terribly in TES and Fallout. It didn't feel right at all to control, and the character didn't move naturally.

Edited by Sheikah

Just nabbed myself a copy of this on ebay for less than £20 delivered! Bargain.

Looking forward to playing this next week.

okay so without spoilers mentioned please...... What should i buy this game for? Pc or ps3?

I think I read somewhere that the textures were noticeably better on the PC version. Unless your monitor is poor, go for it. Likely to be cheaper too.

Get it on PC and link it to your TV via HDMI (if your graphics card has this ability). Then hook up a dualshock 3/ other gamepad if you have one.

I did this. Like playing it on PS3 but with PC graphics. :)

Just completed it now.

Regarding the ending, after the barge battle. My head hurts just thinking about it, from what i gathered with all the changes there could have been a billion Comstocks and Bookers running around. Oh, and arriving in Rapture from a tear. I had a little feeling there was a chance to fight a Big Daddy or a nutter or two. Seeing the signs littered around about Ryan, it gave me an incling.

The game itself is brilliant, great story and good characters. The final battle itself with the Zepplins took a couple of tries, but using the powers against those bugger robots made it easier to send the Songbird to the Zepplins. Nice to control the bird after all the time in-game. The game as a whole was done well, only one little jump moment. And that was in the Wardens office with the enemy right behind you.

The ghost battles annoyed the fuck out of me, i mean 3 of them. 1 was bad enough that was for sure.

After finishing about two hours ago:

tumblr_m7ljkxdD3X1qz7u6ho1_500.gif

Honestly, I loved it, it was beautiful looking, had wonderful music and I was confused yet really enthralled by the ending. :)

I started this last week on 360.

It defo still has the Bioshock feel to it but still quite new at the same time! I'm slowly getting into it, I'm on Chapter 8.

Clash in the Clouds.

Lol.

More like Cash in the Clouds, amirite?

/unfunny

Burial at Sea looks good, though.

Still need to play Bioshock and Bioshock 2 :blush:

Clash in the Clouds.

Lol.

More like Cash in the Clouds, amirite?

/unfunny

Im wondering if that one was made as a way to justify the season pass they sold. Maybe the story ones werent enough.

I suppose it's fine if the other DLCs are £7.99 and this is essentially free for the season pass.

Oddly, this is exactly the kind of DLC I wanted for Tomb Raider (due to the amazing combat), and the complete opposite I wanted from Bioshock. Especially as they heavily suggested three story-based DLCs.

I'm rating Elizabeth's look in that.

#longing

and I avoided being a hashtag wanker for so long

Speaking of Bioshock, would you recommend playing BS2 before this? I watched my brother play and reveal the main plot points of the first one so I'm not that into playing that, but is the second one worth buying?

i still need to play bioshock 2.......

but rapture is/was awesome so dlc there is perfect

Did anyone download this? If I wasn't so busy with work I'd be there, although apparently it is very short. Also, posting Cosplay because fit.

tumblr_mwffp7XMk21scgdeto1_500.jpg

I read that it's kinda disappointing, I don't really want to sour the experience from the game, so I might wait until both episodes are available and see if that improves matters at all.