NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Gaijin von Snikbah

Touch me baby! Or touch the Revolution controller!

Did any of you notice that this article says the secret yet to be revealed is something about the controller? Thats news to me. I wonder if he's assuming this or knows it ...

What could it be? I'm expecting more than just a microphone ...

Except this applet (that was very cool) nothing of this was news to me - still it was a good read none the less.

I actually have the feeling since TGS that IGN are trying to keep the hype up by writing articles that seem to contain news when actually all of it was known already.

More and more I get the feeling that IGN want to give the impression that they know more when actually they know nothing. (i.e. hyping the pre-E³ mockup, the screenshot of Matt's desktop and giving some vague dates when the next news will come).

Did any of you notice that this article says the secret yet to be revealed is something about the controller? Thats news to me. I wonder if he's assuming this or knows it ...

What could it be? I'm expecting more than just a microphone ...

It's down to Miyamoto's statement at DIEC, on the 2nd December, I'm not going to go digging it out but it is on this forum already. It's actually slightly unclear whether Miyamoto was referring to the secret being about the controller, or not, it depends on how you read the quote. Miyamoto was referring to the Revolution's controller, but then added that there was still a secret to be revealed about "it", some people have read it as being specifically about the controller (Matt Cassamassina included) whilst others have assumed it was referring to Revolution in general (includes myself).

you read this stuff and yet some people round here have the nerve to pass the rev of as not being 'next-gen'.

More like next god-dam ERA.

According to the applet the controller is 5.1 inches long. I havent done this accurately buy that size makes it possible to use x and y comfortably. Not really much different than reaching for the right analogue. I dont think the fact I can dislocate my thumb makes a difference.

i am still pretty well hyped for the rev. it is so far away though. i want it soon damn it. i hope there are enough at launch. and loads of launch titles.

Heh the 3D applet is amazing, and it's Dutch too (yay now it's even better :p)

I doubt it's a mic...They said it's a surprise, so it's probably unimaginable, like the controller. A mic would just be an add-on for it guys ;)

According to the applet the controller is 5.1 inches long. I havent done this accurately buy that size makes it possible to use x and y comfortably. Not really much different than reaching for the right analogue. I dont think the fact I can dislocate my thumb makes a difference.

Yeah, it's shorter than the DS and a third smaller in width. Which is TINY for a remote. They might of gotten it wrong, but IO guess they say it's comfy.

Also the giant A button is the same size as the Gamecube's A button, a little smaller infact.

But why has it suddenly x and y buttons?

We havn't seen officiel images from Nintendo with that layout.

So it must be the ductch-mans imagination .... :indeed:

We havn't seen officiel images from Nintendo with that layout.

So it must be the ductch-mans imagination .... :indeed:

The buttons are different in every picture.

From looking at that I think the X and Y buttons will only be used with Retro games, you couldn't get to them otherwise as your hand would have to be at the top to get to the B button.

Look at the reflection in this picture. There is an "Y" Button instead of a "b" button and in the controller presentation video they also have X and Y.

Edit: was searching for a picture too long without refreshing the page, therefore I didn't see Moria's post hence posting the same thing.

Look at the reflection in this picture. There is an "Y" Button instead of a "b" button and in the controller presentation video they also have X and Y.

HOLY CRAP! Why did they edited the picture like that? It's crippy.

I've just made the controller IGN have up there out of paper and it is PERFECT. The buttons are in exactly the right place, the controller is exactly the right size. When I put it on it's side to play the NES games the part that slopes in makes it so much comfier than the original NES controller. I can use the d-pad with the top of my thumb and use the A button with the middle of my thumb no problem at all. There's no curves in my version though - too hard to make using paper, so it will be even comfier Nintendo's version :)

Good job, Nintendo!

I have heard that the controller isn't hard plastic at the lower side, but feels soft, that sounds really good.

Has anyone else read this?

I have heard that the controller isn't hard plastic at the lower side, but feels soft, that sounds really good.

Has anyone else read this?

There's a bit of confusion about that, one of the people that got to go hands-on, before Iwata's TGS speech, was talking about the buttons and then mentioned that "it" was made out of a soft plastic/rubber so it was easy to grip. It's unclear whether he was talking about the buttons being made out of this softer material, or the controller body.

Sign in to follow this