NEurope
gaggle64

Ace Combat Assualt Horizon - Now with 20% of your RDA of helicopters

Experts agree, jets, helicopters and shit blowing up are necessary parts of your daily diet! (Pregnant women should consult a doctor for supplementary advice.)

Coming next year for PS3 & Xbox360.

From Kotaku:

According to today's press release, Project Aces has always wanted more out of the Ace Combat series. They wanted a game that not only told a compelling story, but also presented the most visceral aerial combat possible, with deadly combat pilots weaving between the buildings of real-world cities, bits of their planes breaking off as they cut a turn too close, shattering into pieces as oil sprays all the way across the sky, perhaps forming a double rainbow.

What does it mean?

"For us, this is a rebirth of the Ace Combat series, and a chance for us to take the series in a completely new direction," said Kazutoki Kono, Producer at Project Aces, NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. "We're confident that we're going to create a new kind of action shooting (high-speed and destruction) experience with ACE COMBAT ASSAULT HORIZON, and we're pouring passion, vision and skill into making a game like no other. We want to bring players closer than ever to the action so they feel the energy surge through them with every shot fired."

Plenty o' screen shots via the link above. Personally, I'm excited.

New trailer showing off the game' "Close Range Assault" feature. Not sure what that is exactly but it seems to involve a large number of exploding planes. This is a good thing.

Also, I know it's not Gears or Killzone or anything but is really no one else looking forward to this? You're all mad, mad I tells ya!

Edited by gaggle64

I've never played an Ace Combat game so... no.

I've never really bothered with flight sims. Might have a go at this though and will probably pick up Microsoft Flight (the rebirth of Flight Simulator) along with a stick and maybe some other controllers when it launches (hopefully) this year.

Also, I know it's not Gears or Killzone or anything but is really no one else looking forward to this? You're all mad, mad I tells ya!

I'm really interested in air combat games but I like them to be a bit more on the simulation side of things and this looks very arcade-like to me.

Still I'll keep my eyes on it.

I've never really bothered with flight sims.

If you consider this a sim, then yes, you have certainly not. ;)

...but I like them to be a bit more on the simulation side of things...

You mean a bit more like this?

I have a general weakness for anything that has to do with flying. But somehow arcade flying games hardly tickle me, unless they're in space or Star Wars (or both). I've also no idea about the ace combat series except for a brief try on a 360 demo stand, where I quickly crashed the plane I was in.

Still, might have an eye on this.

Edited by Burny

Well if you look at the post above your post Gaggle you will see I'm up for it 110%!

But you may just be ignoring my posts :p

Well if you look at the post above your post Gaggle you will see I'm up for it 110%!

But you may just be ignoring my posts :p

Not at all, you're an island of sanity in boiling sea of illogical indifference. I still can't believe it's just us two though.

This is looking pretty good but i'd need a hands on to tell if it's something i'd pay money for. Explosions and action are damn cool! Loving the visceral the experience is.

Must admit though... the chopper doing a barrel made me cringe a little.

Couple of new trailers, one with a release date. Smelling a very heavy Tom Clancy/Modern Warfare-esque vibe all over it (note the familiar looking death mask). I am fine with this. Visually it looks like a fairly major step up from Ace Combat 6 and that still looks quite fine today. Launches October 11th. Cannot wait.

Pre-ordered this a while ago, after I saw a few trailers. Like the whole close combat stuff, looks awesome.

+1 for barrel rolling helicopters!

Pre-ordered this a while ago, after I saw a few trailers. Like the whole close combat stuff, looks awesome.

+1 for barrel rolling helicopters!

That's why I like you martin. You're a man of fine taste.

I'll be picking this one up for sure. The last one was a bit disapointing in terms of jets to pick from. Gotta say though that I'm slightly more excited by the prospect of a 3DS entry in the series. I almost picked up a PSP cause of this series alone, glad I held back now that a 3DS entry has been confirmed. :D

I'll be picking this one up for sure. The last one was a bit disapointing in terms of jets to pick from. Gotta say though that I'm slightly more excited by the prospect of a 3DS entry in the series. I almost picked up a PSP cause of this series alone, glad I held back now that a 3DS entry has been confirmed. :D

Welcome member with good taste!

Though your name does strongly suggest you're a bot :p

In the last game, I think I agree that I didn't change my plane of choice a lot. I think the story lines have gotten better as well. I know they aren't really that important because you just want to destroy everything but at least they've thought about it.

Your E3 2011 story trailer is here, sirs and ma'ams.

Fair play to them they seem to have genuinely tried to make a story this time around, as opposed to the sub-romantic hokiness normally perpetuating the Ace Combat series.

Edited by gaggle64

E3 2011 Stage Demo

EDIT : 29/6/11

Edited by martinist

This very genuinely 2nd (below Skyward Sword) on my list of games I desire day one, brand new this year. Though I hope Namco can cut that dreadful rawk remix. Otherwise, keep it coming.

I've noticed the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Demo has been posted up on the Xbox Live Marketplace...I really wasn't expecting this untill about a month from now. Downloading it at the mmoent.

I've noticed the Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Demo has been posted up on the Xbox Live Marketplace...I really wasn't expecting this untill about a month from now. Downloading it at the mmoent.

Top hole, can't wait to get my mitts on it.

Multiplayer trailer, and it's off the hook -

Also enjoyed the demo. It's fundamentally quite different, aircraft have to be wrestled a little bit through a sharp turn and can't be hurled quite so smoothly as before. It does feel like they're operating in an air-element as opposed to the frictionless space of AC6, though it's still definitely not a sim. My only rankle is maneuvers in cockpit view are a bit awkward, particularly in the helicopter though it was still perfectly playable. Out of the cockpit it was all smooth as butter, in either exterior or just the HUD view.

Edited by gaggle64

It looks to me like you and I are the only people who post in this thread any more....for shame!!!!

Played the demo yesterday. Loved it. Forgot to post but I shall be buying it for sure.

Also, Gaggle your youtube video about multiplayer does not work, assuming it is youtube.

Played the demo yesterday. Loved it. Forgot to post but I shall be buying it for sure.

Also, Gaggle your youtube video about multiplayer does not work, assuming it is youtube.

That's odd, I'm seeing it fine. Anyone else? I'll separate the post out a bit in case.