NEurope
gaggle64

Ace Combat Assualt Horizon - Now with 20% of your RDA of helicopters

Awful demo. The dogfight mode is stupid. Its almost like a QTE sequence. What stupid thing to add to a flying game. I guess developers think gamers cant handle flying and shooting at the same time.

Well my copy was sent out this morning, fun times ahead....also multiplayer footage

Looking forward, should be with me Friday hopefully - reviews have been very positive though there does seem to be some mixed opinion - most have given an 8/10 but one or two have been dumping on it. Eurogamer & Gametrailers gave it an 8, and that's good enough for me.

So i've played through the first two opening missions and It seems awesome so far. I haven't tried the online yet, i'll play some more a little later.

The reviews have been a bit wierd and the Giant Bomb quick look kinda bashed it a little but it seems pretty fun to me.

Played the first couple of levels and I really like what they've done here. Choosing a lightly armed but maneuverable craft over a more heavily armed attack plane now makes sense - the tutorial seen in the demo leads by the hand much more then I expected. It's a genuine struggle to keep up with some of the targets in the dog fight mode and even advanced target missiles are useless in some instances, and this is only on normal difficulty. Loving it so far.

Finished the game last night....The last three missions are awesome. won't say my but after you finish the game it gives you the Garuda callsign to use in multiplayer. Haven't found a way to change the colour of my jet in multiplayer though...b00h

That was quick - the first couple of mission took me a good hour or so to get through alone. How long is the campaign roughly?

The campaign is 16 missions long, I played through on normal and died quite a few times...then again I played it pretty much all day since i got it. It would take you longer if you took more breaks than i did :P

I see Namco are at it again charging stupid prices for rubbish DLC. I wouldn't mind if they were selling some of the missing real world aircraft but there is no excuse for overcharging on pointless aircraft skins. :shakehead