NEurope

I'm a bit behind with this one too. Last episode I saw was Chuck vs The Baby (episode 8).

Going to catch up tonight :D

I too am caught up now. I feel kind of bad for Casey, though... :sad:

... Everyone else has got a turn at the Intersect.

:indeed:

I liked the episode that delved a bit deeper into Sarah's past, though. That was good.

Caseysect would work really well as a comic book series. With a (non-intersect) Morgan as his sidekick.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh last two episodes were disapointing. Not a great way to end an awesome show. I'm not sure I liked how it ended.

Jeffster was awesome though

But still it will be missed.

Hmmmmm, I wasnt expecting it to be brilliant because finales rarely are but one thing particular annoyed me:

Sarah not getting her memory back. I mean I know it was happening slowly but finishing a show like that annoys me. It basically wipes out character progression, which she had a lot of and somehow cheapens the last 5 years as this version of Sarah may never remember what happened through most of it.

Also, Chuck getting the intersect back was just never mentioned again, kind of annoying.

I liked how it ended, much better to Sarah getting her memories back some other way, via the intersect glasses, the kiss or Sarah falling in love with him again once she's seen what he can do with the intersect. You just know that, slowly, she is becoming the Sarah we know from the end. Personally, from the way she looked on the beach, she knew that she loved Chuck before he sat down - she just wanted to know why.

It was nice seeing everyone move on, especially Jeffster.

The only thing I didn't like was that, for the first time, the Subway advertising was stupidly blatant. It was fine Big Mike getting his wish and a Subway setting up in his store, but him holding the cup and saying the logo spoiled the moment. Up until that point - right near the very end - the product placement in the show was done really, really well.

The Subway thing was clearly just a shout out to the fans. Hell, to the store itself. Without it/the fans the show would have been dead years ago. It was a wink to the camera and frankly it can be forgiven.

Regarding Sarah's memory/character progression this is Chris Fedak's response:

Well, after last week's episode, a few commenters were upset with the idea that Sarah's memory had been erased, and that all her character growth we had spent the last five seasons was for naught. What would you say to that?

I would certainly say it's not erased. It's not all gone. It hasn't been five seasons all for naught. It's in there. And the fun will be remembering it and falling in love again. How could you imagine anything better?

It would have been nice to not have them just be happy and 'normal' at the end but in a way it is kind of nice that they get to fall in love all over again. Had it just ended with "okay so we bought a house and we're going to have kids" it would have felt too...obvious? Sarah gets to be reminded why she fell in love with Chuck and the homages to its own past reminded us why we fell in love with the show.

Ellie saying "aces Charles" made me a bit more emotional than it should have...

Ellie saying "aces Charles" made me a bit more emotional than it should have...

Ha! Me too, I was absolutely fine up until that exact line

Edited by Happenstance

At first, I'll admit I was disappointed with the finale but as I've had time to mull it over and think it all through, I think the way they ended it was spot on and the best way they could handle the situation they'd written themselves into. I don't think it was really necessary for Sarah to get the Intersect in the first place but having a more subtle regaining of her memories and why she loved Chuck was definitely the right way to go about things.

Did like all the subtle-as-a-brick nods to the pilot episode and other ones, particularly the computer virus. Saw that computer and I was taken back to that even before they mentioned it. Just nicely handled in bringing things together to remind you of some of the best bits for the characters and why we've grown to like them.

Also, anyone else think a potential spin-off following Jeffster as they try to conquer Germany/the rest of Europe with their music would be brilliant?

I'd say it was a good ending, could have been done better if spread out over a couple more episodes but I'm happy enough. I've already seen a lot of people talking about petitions to get it brought back but I think where it ended was enough.

Does mean I'll have to find another show to take Chuck's place now, and one which will hopefully fill the musical void that is always left when a Schwartz show ends as Chuck had some brilliant music in it just as The OC did before it.

Schwartz is working on another show. Hell he's probably working on about six.

Stolen from Wiki:

In September 2011, it was announced by The CW that Schwartz and Stephanie Savage had been selected to develop the television adaption of Candace Bushnell's The Carrie Diaries, a prequel to the original Sex and the City television series. The series, set in the 1980s, will follow character Carrie Bradshaw during her years in high school.

In January 2012, it was announced The CW had ordered a pilot for new drama titled "Cult", result of collaboration with Stephanie Savage and Len Goldstein.

But yeah I see people are already petitioning for a movie. For once I don't want that (I'd love it if it happened but I don't feel that we need to see it. The show was given time to close and close it did!

The only thing I would like to see would be:

Some closure on the intersect. We got all season hearing about how bad the intersect was and I understand him getting it back was more about showing that Chuck is a hero but with them talking about getting out of the spy life so much at the end it just seems weird to leave him with the intersect.

Also, its a shame their plans to switch Carmichael Industries to cyber terrorism seemed to go somewhere. I thought that sounded like a good idea and would have been a nice note for them to end on. I guess it may still happen once Sarah gets her memories back but it would have been nice for it to be mentioned.

When asked Schwartz (or Fedak, forget which) said that they see Chuck and Sarah's future being in the cyberterrorism industry so I guess it would lead there.

And I suppose Chuck has the intersect so it's all okay. His brain seemed to be able to handle it fine.

Actually one thing I wish they did do was have Casey say something like "I walked you down the aisle" in the scene in which he went to Sarah's hotel. It's never been canon but it makes so much sense that he would.

Edited by Ashley

Well, that was... watchable, I guess.

Hardly my favorite of the many endings to Chuck, but I did like the final scene.

I liked how it ended, much better to Sarah getting her memories back some other way, via the intersect glasses, the kiss or Sarah falling in love with him again once she's seen what he can do with the intersect. You just know that, slowly, she is becoming the Sarah we know from the end. Personally, from the way she looked on the beach, she knew that she loved Chuck before he sat down - she just wanted to know why.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I thought it was a good ending... kind of inbetween the cliché happy ending and the cliché not-happy ending. I felt the dragged it out a little bit though. Chuck confronted Sarah like 8 times saying the same thing each time. Other than that I thought it was great :)

OMG so I've always thought Chuck is one of those series I will get into one day....only to find out its finished...my how time flies.