N-Europe

Comics on the Interwebz

Ellmeister

So who keeps up with what?

After hearing Dyson and co mention questionablecontent the other day, I tried it out. Got addicted, now I'm fully up to date. It's awesome!

I also like xkcd and vgcats. That bible fellowship one is no longer being updated but I loved that one, so many good strips.

I read a lot of webcomics:

Wulffmorgenthaler

Eerie Cuties

Ménage à 3

PHD Comics

xkcd

Out There

Saucer Seekers (formerly known as ETI-PI)

Axe Cop

Spinnerette!

No Pink Ponies (updates once in a while with a small bout of comics, but it's worth the wait)

Brawl in the Family

Omake Theater

Penny Arcade!

VG Cats

I used to follow Fanboys, but he almost NEVER updated despite promising to do so.

The five webcomics which I check most frequently and I ORDER YOU to visit.

Girls With Slingshots - Honestly the best written webcomic I've yet found. Encompasses diverse and complex plots on relationships, jobs, alcohol, cats and talking cacti.

Questionable Content - Sort of like Friends, except everyone is generally badly dressed and pays rent with low level jobs - basically like real life. Also, Anthro PCs.

Menage a 3 - Sort of like Friends, except stacked to the ceiling with gay and lesbian sex.

Hark A Vagrant - Usually history-themed comics for smart people by professional smart person Kate Beaton. Also, Wonder Woman comics occasionally.

Wasted Talent - The weekly webcomic-diary-blog of 20-something professional Canadian engineer Jam, aka Angelia Melick. No really, it's awesome.

I would also like to recommend DAR by Erika Moen, which isn't updating anymore but is still utter brilliance from start to finish.

2008-03-04superpower.jpg

Edited by gaggle64

The five webcomics which I check most frequently and I ORDER YOU to visit.

Girls With Slingshots - Honestly the best written webcomic I've yet found. Encompasses diverse and complex plots on relationships, jobs, alcohol, cats and talking cacti.

Questionable Content - Sort of like Friends, except everyone's is generally badly dressed and pays rent with low level jobs - basically like real life. Also, Anthro PCs.

Menage a 3 - Sort of like Friends, except stacked to the ceiling with gay and lesbian sex.

Hark A Vagrant - Usually history-themed comics for smart people by professional smart person Kate Beaton. Also, Wonder Woman comics occasionally.

Wasted Talent - The weekly webcomic-diary-blog of 20-something professional Canadian engineer Jam, aka Angelia Melick. No really, it's awesome.

I would also like to recommend DAR by Erika Moen, which isn't updating anymore but is still utter brilliance from start to finish.

Curse you! You've got me hooked on yet another webcomic!

I've always liked F@NBOY$.

Unfortunately, a while back it started being more about quick jokes and less about the characters being in different situations. Then the artist just stopped posting comics, and latter said he was moving on from the whole thing. Then about a month ago he announced that the comic was back, and started posting comics again.

Anyway, its basically about a Nintendo Fanboy who lives with a Sony Fanboy, and then a Microsoft Fangirl moves in with them. You need to read it from the beginning to really get it, but if you enjoy the sort of humour that's used in it, its easily worth all the trouble.

Penny-Arcade because who doesn't and they manage to stay funny after so long.

XKCD because it makes me feel smart.

VGcats/SuperEffective when the dude bothers.

Unfortunately, a while back it started being more about quick jokes and less about the characters being in different situations. Then the artist just stopped posting comics, and latter said he was moving on from the whole thing. Then about a month ago he announced that the comic was back, and started posting comics again.

Anyway, its basically about a Nintendo Fanboy who lives with a Sony Fanboy, and then a Microsoft Fangirl moves in with them. You need to read it from the beginning to really get it, but if you enjoy the sort of humour that's used in it, its easily worth all the trouble.

I read it all the way from beginning to end only to realise I don't really like it. And the 3 fanboys stuff is so 2003.

So F@nboy$ is updating again? I might follow it again for a while.

Oh yeah, I've been also reading Scandinavia and the World by Danish user

Humon on Deviantart. Silly comics about personified countries where Sweden, Norway and Denmark are the protagonists.

Wow, thanks a bunch Jonnas, those comics are awesome...Finland being the "masculine drunk mute with a knife" you'd expect :D

I follow a few, like Girl Genius and Goblins.

Still, my fave has to be Raven's dojo. That comic is...friggin nuts, and in the best way possible. The actions sequences are just unrivalled in both ingenuity, crude humour and the use of dynamic perspectives. I mean this comic has moments of such ridiculous awesomeness that you can't help but stare at the screen with your mouth literally wide open from the colossal magnitude of pure win your sensory equipment has just registered...