NEurope
Pookiablo

Do you collect anything?

I suck too. I only have my Pa to play against and he really does suck. I once beat him in ten moves.... Oops.

When I was in primary school I used to collect Pogs. I still have all of the first three 'seasons' in the attic somewhere, all laid out in special holographed display sleeves. Not to say I didn't play with them, the collecting came after once I realised how many I had; if you leafed through them I'm sure you'd find many a cardboard disk scarred by the barely-legal serrations of a shuriken keenie.

These days I channel my magpie tendencies towards virtual things, that way they don't eventually clutter up the house. Achievements and Trophies are good examples: it's not about showing off, I just enjoy collecting things for my own list-ticking satisfaction, even if they are pointless. I suppose that's fairly masturbatory, but at least I'm not going at it in public and expecting everyone to be impressed by the results.

I'm going to drop that metaphor now.

When I was in primary school I used to collect Pogs. I still have all of the first three 'seasons' in the attic somewhere, all laid out in special holographed display sleeves. Not to say I didn't play with them, the collecting came after once I realised how many I had; if you leafed through them I'm sure you'd find many a cardboard disk scarred by the barely-legal serrations of a shuriken keenie.

These days I channel my magpie tendencies towards virtual things, that way they don't eventually clutter up the house. Achievements and Trophies are good examples: it's not about showing off, I just enjoy collecting things for my own list-ticking satisfaction, even if they are pointless. I suppose that's fairly masturbatory, but at least I'm not going at it in public and expecting everyone to be impressed by the results.

I used to love Pogs so hard. I think I have a knitted postal bus full of the things in the attic (don't ask)

I used to love Pogs so hard. I think I have a knitted postal bus full of the things in the attic (don't ask)

I also loved Pogs. In fact back in November 2007 I bought a full unopened box from Ebay. One of the happiest experiences of my life.

n509970580_1755452_3374.jpg

n509970580_1755453_3650.jpg

n509970580_1755451_3114.jpg

I collect a lot of yankee candles.

Bit of an expensive hobby so I've given up until I get a good bit of use out of the ones I already have =P

I used to collect toys, I found it too expensive and sold/loftified most of my collection. I went through a period of collecting nerdy t-shirts for a while and I seem to collect copper coins without really realising it.

For now I'll just settle with collecting memories in my head.

I used to collect many a thing over the years growing up...

Thunderbird cards/comics

Pogs,

Monster in my Pocket,

Mini Boglins,

Power Ranger stickers... got... got... need... shiney!! etc...

Pokemon cards,

Other sticker books/cards...

Nowadays not so much!

Edited by Retro_Link

I used to collect Dinosaurs when I was younger before Jurassic Park came out and everyone started doing it, then I stopped lol. I also used to collect keyrings.

I started collecting rubber ducks and a few people twigged onto it so since a few years ago every gift I get seems to be duck related, lol.

I used to collect Dinosaurs when I was younger before Jurassic Park came out and everyone started doing it, then I stopped lol. I also used to collect keyrings.

I started collecting rubber ducks and a few people twigged onto it so since a few years ago every gift I get seems to be duck related, lol.

Woah, we are the exact same person.

Dinos - check.

Keyrings - check.

Ducks - check.

:o

I seem to remember collecting those Star Wars Pogs that were with Walkers crisps (I think). I had the full collection, complete with the folder you could buy for them. I have no idea where they are now.

I also had an Orc army in Warhammer, but I haven't touched it in about 8 years.

You mean Tazos? I collected them as a kid and had the collectors book with all but one in it. Apparently my brother sold it for a fiver to one of his mates. I haven't spoke to him since.

Edited by Tyson
Buck?

You mean Tazo's? I collected them as a kid and had the collectors buck with all but one in it. Apparently my brother sold it for a fiver to one of his mates. I haven't spoke to him since.

Ah Tazos. That was it.

The usual crazes, Pokemon cards (but unlike most people I actually played the game), Beyblades, Yu-Gi-Oh etc.

I suppose I collected comics, but collecting reminds me of like putting on a shelf and wrapping in plastic. I just read them (they weren't the American originals anyway so they had no resale value). Nowadays I "collect" graphic novels, but that's like saying someone "collects" books, just cause they buy them all the time.

Now it seems crazes have gone. :( At least from what I've seen of my sister and cousin growing up. All they care about is who's got what fancy phone, who's wiping their arse with an iPad, who's rejected their facebook request...

Edited by Paj!

My retro collection. It's been a bit neglected recently, but it keeps growing slowly but surely:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

There are more Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy and MGS games to the right of the 1st and 2nd picture. There's just not enough room on the shelf for them at the minute.

Nothing major for me really. Pogs when I was younger and Monster in my Pocket, though I lost most of them as we used to play a game where one person hid them in the garden and the others had to find as many as possible. I dont know how but I seem to have lost all but about 5.

Other things I guess would be graphic novels but as Paj said that isnt really a collection. Same with my dvds.

MANCHILDREN ASSEMBLE!!

Ahem.

I currently collect salsa pot lids. Doritos have just released a pepperoni salsa with a purple lid! Also collect jokers from card decks.

I'm not as dedicated a hoarder as i used to be. My mate's been collecting his cinema tickets. Every single one. Ever. Since he was like 3. He has hundreds of the fuckers!

Woah, we are the exact same person.

Dinos - check.

Keyrings - check.

Ducks - check.

:o

Haha that's weird!

Also Jay are you serious about the jokers thing, that's actually a cool idea, I wanna see your collection!

4-1.jpg

There are more Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy and MGS games to the right of the 1st and 2nd picture. There's just not enough room on the shelf for them at the minute.

Instant bro for fucking life for having those Phantasy Star's. I've been saving up to get the Japanese versions, the boxes are amazing..

But yeah, on topic, I collect Manga in a sense..

Haha that's weird!

Also Jay are you serious about the jokers thing, that's actually a cool idea, I wanna see your collection!

Yes I am :) It started with the intention of getting a full deck's worth of jokers. I forget how many I have, only 30 or so, I think. Everything I own is still in boxes and I won't actually be back at my family home for at least two more weeks (!!) but I'll dig it out.

My friend lent me a book where the main character collects jokers after she found out I did similar. The character would buy packs solely for the joker, and there was some interesting philosophy behind it. I don't go as far as that, but essentially I ask people, when we play cards, "can I have your joker?" - some say "er, sure" straight off.

I also collect(ed) train tickets! Some people here might remember I once even made a thread asking if anyone could send me any, as I used them for roaches for my rolled cigarettes. I've started using filters now, but I still have a good eight-inch stack (that's what innuendo said!) of them for no reason whatsoever.

I want to start a new collection. Like Toby jugs, or something.

Instant bro for fucking life for having those Phantasy Star's. I've been saving up to get the Japanese versions, the boxes are amazing..

I'm fairly certain I have every one made apart from Phantasy Star Portable 2 (will do once it's released here), the Game Gear ones and the compilations (seemed pointless since I already have the originals). I also managed to nab me a preview copy (the one they send to magazines before release) for £1 off eBay. It's on the left, below Assassins Creed.

Don't have any Japanese ones though. Got a Japanese copy of Sonic on the MD for some reason.