NEurope
chairdriver

Skins: Series 5

My Facebook (across with every other Facebook, ever) just got trolled. Horrifically.

The thing with Skins is that they try so hard to make it weird that you almost can't tell if it's shit or any good.

I liked the two dorky guys and the music.

The rest was dross.

Yeah, although I never felt it was tooooo forced in the first couple seasons so I could deal. In the last two it was there but again I could tolerate it just, but this time...it was painful.

Also, is Freddy's murder ever going to come up again?

So this is Mean Girls: Working Class Edition?

Basically all the way through that episode.

I didn't like it but I didn't hate it. The characters are just...crap...there's no other word to describe them really. The two guys in the van and Grace (nice girl) seemed okay but the rest were all meh. I didn't think much of the acting or the story either. It just felt like the writers just finished watching Mean Girls and then said "Let's make an episode of Mean Girls but in the UK".

Really bad.

BUT

I enjoy the dealing with the idea of trans(ish)/identity as a main thing.

I hate the plot, writing and acting. A thing that I could write better.

It's fine though cause Freya is 100x more compelling in real life.

Really bad.

BUT

I enjoy the dealing with the idea of trans(ish)/identity as a main thing.

I hate the plot, writing and acting. A thing that I could write better.

It's fine though cause Freya is 100x more compelling in real life.

I feel this every time I watch a crap episode, haha.

Also, am I right in thinking that it's Mini who you and Chair know in real life?

Also, am I right in thinking that it's Mini who you and Chair know in real life?

Yeah.

She's my favourite person.

Well... It was a better introduction to the new cast then the first episode of season 3 when we met Cook, JJ and Freddie for the first time.

That Mini character, she has to be a real good actress if she's a nice person in real life, as she came across as a wench last night (which im sure was the point)

also... LOVE seeing scenes from Bristol I know :) The multi story car park - AKA Trenchard...

the shopping area was Cabbot Circus. So cool!

although I have no idea where that pool and sea view was... Severn Area I can only assume unless they filmed that part in Brean / Weston area.

I thought everyone was equally "...what the fuck is this?".

Sorry I didn't mean in her ability, I just meant who I would like and dislike in the series.

I found my self just figuring out which ones they are supposed to represent in the 1st and 2nd series. They all have different yet similar characters to each series.

Also the bit with the gun and the guy was completely random/stupid.

Also the bit with the gun and the guy was completely random/stupid.

I know right! I don't even know why it happened. It all just seemed so dumb and completely pointless and a little cliche as well.

Well... It was a better introduction to the new cast then the first episode of season 3 when we met Cook, JJ and Freddie for the first time.

That Mini character, she has to be a real good actress if she's a nice person in real life, as she came across as a wench last night (which im sure was the point)

also... LOVE seeing scenes from Bristol I know :) The multi story car park - AKA Trenchard...

the shopping area was Cabbot Circus. So cool!

although I have no idea where that pool and sea view was... Severn Area I can only assume unless they filmed that part in Brean / Weston area.

I loved the fact that when they were running from the security guard they were running right into the car park, then suddenly they were miles away across the city (to some residential area I didn't recognise).

Other than that it was shit.

I loved the fact that when they were running from the security guard they were running right into the car park, then suddenly they were miles away across the city (to some residential area I didn't recognise).

Other than that it was shit.

Indeed, running across the bridge to the car park then boom... off somewere else. It looked a little like Downend, but I can't confirm that.

The fact they managed to easily out run all those men..is that supposed to show the P.E the local schools provide is excellent or that Bristol security guards are incapable?

Watched Episodes 1 and 2. Number 2 told me way more than the first (which was complete shite).

Love Grace as a character. Who you want to meet in a life. A stunning person that is kind to your mistakes, and universally connected.

Mini is less stunning than Freya is in real life.

E2 was better than E1 but I still found it's somewhat lacking in character and story but, as I have said, it was better than E1. I do like Grace though, she's my favourite out of the lot. I think she's the new Pandora/Cassie of this generation of Skins but a lot better. Looks like Mini's the main one next week.

Grace was good but it was all still awful. I think we might just be getting used to its crapness.

Yeah. Way better than episode 1, but maybe it's just what you said, getting used to it being bad.

Grace was so stunning as a "metalhead".

Love Grace as a character. Who you want to meet in a life. A stunning person that is kind to your mistakes, and universally connected.

She's also the kind of character that doesn't exist in real life though. Perpetuating the myth that there are ultra-cool kids that genuinely make such an effort to hang out with ultra-uncool ones. Especially the ultra-obnoxious ones, like metal-guy.

Re: The episode. Started hilariously, and I still love that him and ginger guy are genuinely uncool, rather than most teen shows definition of uncool (ie, Dan from Gossip Girl)

I also very much enjoyed it when the two guys grunted at each other a few times and ep1 girl was like 'sorry, was that a conversation?'.

But apart from that it was fairly shit. More laughs though so it's okay.

Genuinely really impressed by episode 3.

I love when you're made to understand why. I now understand why Mini is so divorced from reality. Why she's such a bitch.

Freya shone. Things didn't need to be said. We saw that she hated what her mother does/did. We saw that she was having a crisis seeing all her friends turn on her.

The script still feels awful, but she used what she had so well. Stunned.

Edited by chairdriver
Automerged Doublepost

Very meh indeed. I liked three episodes out of the whole lot and they were Rich's, Alo's and Grace's, I didn't like any of the other characters. They're all either meh or just annoying.