NEurope
flameboy

Drunken thread ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would probably easily get drunk on three pints. I am a SUPER mega light weight. ITS WIN.

Also I've realised I feel sick when I drink cider so I guess its JD/Southern Comfort exclusively from now on.

Going out again tonight. Might get on this at around 3 - 4 AM when I get back.

Yeah I'm an annoying heavyweight...takes me ages to get drunk, and unless I drink a lot in a short amount of time, I basically won't get drunk enough. Additionally, if I have too much of some things I just get a sore stomach (not as in "Gonna be sick due to all the alcohol!"). The other night I had too many Jagerbombs and Vodka Cokes close to each other (this rich guy was buying my friend and I drink after drink - yessss) and then I got hiccups (I get BAD hiccups. They hurt. If I don't rid of them, they cause me genuine pain after a while, and often I abandon nights out when they won't go away) and felt ill.

Never been drunk myself but I'd love to know what kind of drunk I am. Of course, I'm thinking of the typical angry, happy etc. drunk.

Going to an 18th next week so maybe I'll find out then :p I'll keep ye posted.

I vary. I can get drunk on a few beers if speed is needed. I can also do a revolting amount. Spirits are my weapon of choice when I can.

Either way I don't like drinking because I get depressed. It's rather annoying. Stupid depressant.

I know, I'm a lightweight. Saves me bajillions of money.

So you drink to get drunk. Now that's just plain idiotic.

I learned that breastfeeding was the best thing that ever happened to the human population. And anyone that isn't breastfedm, which is 6% of the irish population. Will become serial killlers.

Actually 6% are breastfed, the rest are serial killers or social serial kilelrs.

Does anyone else believe that Diageo discovered the joys and advantages of breastfeeding while drunk.

I think there's a story there.

So you drink to get drunk. Now that's just plain idiotic.

In his defence, he's Irish. It's in his blood.

A surprising amount of people drink simply to get drunk. I don't get it either.

-Bottles: 2 Kronenburg & 1 Stella Artois

-4 shots of vodka

-Pint of Magners

-Pint of Stella

-Vodka with Redbull and Lemonade

-Pint of something else

-Vodka with Lemonade

This was 2 nights ago for ma birthday in chronological order - first night on the town. And I only had to pay for my magners. Win.

I was very drunk but my movement wasn't too impaired. Bard shits all over this but I feel quite pr0 none-the-less. Everything after the first 4 vodka shots was instantly hilarious.

All of this was nothing compared to quick drinking of brandy a while back. Holy shit that stuff rapes.

Edited by dwarf

In his defence, he's Irish. It's in his blood.

A surprising amount of people drink simply to get drunk. I don't get it either.

I'd love to argue some point about how stereotypical that is and how I know a lot of Irish who are strict non-drinkers...

However...

It's, essentially, true

Seeing as he's not here to defend himself, he is Brazilian, not Irish. Diego isn't exactly the most Irish name :p Of course, I don't know his view, he may consider himself Irish :hmm:

Edited by Frank

I'm fairly drunk, but

Enchanted by Taylor Swifit is my theme tune. Please don't be in love with someone else. PLEASE. DON'T. BE IN LOVE. WITH SOMEONE. ELSE. I WAS ENCHANTED TO MEEET YOU

GOING back to Kin gston to tomorrow. Yes. I miss them/it. Though Jo is the irrevocavble Edinburgh stunner we all bow to. I was en chanted to meet her over a year ago.

When will i meet the N-E'rs from london?! Razz offered but I was so caught up at the time. Ashley owes me a drink.

What other reason is there to drink besides getting drunk, it;s not like it tastes good,

If I'm not able to get drunk, then I don't drink. Drinking anf not getting drunk is idioptic.

What other reason is there to drink besides getting drunk, it;s not like it tastes good,

If I'm not able to get drunk, then I don't drink. Drinking anf not getting drunk is idioptic.

So you drink stuff you don't even like? Now that sounds idiotic to me.

I only drink alcohol that I actually like the taste of. Same with everything else I drink and eat, I won't have something if I don't like it.

And drinking to get drunk is indeed stupid in my eyes. I drink (occasionally) because I like it, but I never drink with the intention of getting plastered. Don't see the point, plus it's not fun anyway. That and alcohol is expensive.

Seeing as he's not here to defend himself, he is Brazilian, not Irish. Diego isn't exactly the most Irish name :p Of course, I don't know his view, he may consider himself Irish :hmm:

Yeah, I know. But I hear he's been living in Ireland for quite a while, no? "In his blood" is an expression. He is what he feels he is.

Also, Diageo isn't exactly a portuguese name either ("Diogo" is), but Brazilians can be very creative with names, so who knows? :p

Going back to the drinking issue, I usually drink as a challenge, or as part of a drinking game. Basically, fooling around with friends.

But getting drunk is an amusing side effect, not the goal. I dislike the taste of most alcoholic drinks, anyway (which is why drinking games are fun in the first place)

So you drink stuff you don't even like? Now that sounds idiotic to me.

I only drink alcohol that I actually like the taste of. Same with everything else I drink and eat, I won't have something if I don't like it.

And drinking to get drunk is indeed stupid in my eyes. I drink (occasionally) because I like it, but I never drink with the intention of getting plastered. Don't see the point, plus it's not fun anyway. That and alcohol is expensive.

While I completely agree with you, I think he wasn't being serious (plus was semi drunk) with that post. Or if he was, well then I'm at a loss for words without it resulting in an infraction.

While I completely agree with you, I think he wasn't being serious (plus was semi drunk) with that post. Or if he was, well then I'm at a loss for words without it resulting in an infraction.

Thing is that I've heard quite a few other people make that statement before. They don't drink because they like the drink, they just drink to get drunk. =/

I usually dislike drunk people. Most of them act like complete tits. Or arrogant bastards. I try to stay away from them as much as possible.

I was drunk when saying that.

But I still agree with it. I have alcoholic drink to get drunk. If I'm not going to get drunk, I might as well just drink Sprite or water.

That's not to say I don't like Bulmers or Cocktails.

I was drunk when saying that.

But I still agree with it. I have alcoholic drink to get drunk. If I'm not going to get drunk, I might as well just drink Sprite or water.

That's not to say I don't like Bulmers or Cocktails.

Yeah, I agree with this. What's the point in choosing an alcoholic beverage over a non-alcoholic beverage if not for the effects of the alcohol? If you like the taste of the drink in question and can't get it non-alcoholic, then I understand, but why else would you drink alcoholic beverages?

When I get drunk, I find everything even more funny than usual, and it's great. My problem is that I've never been able to handle large amounts of fluid as it makes me feel sick, and it's even worse with alcoholic beverages. Sometimes I feel sick before I even feel the effects of the alcohol. Oh, and I can't stand the taste and consistence of beer, so I stick with cider and other stuff.

Being drunk is great fun. Everything is just hilarious. I like getting drunk.

Not every day. Once or twice a week is fine for me.

Before college though I would get drunk once every 3 months.

Yeah, I agree with this. What's the point in choosing an alcoholic beverage over a non-alcoholic beverage if not for the effects of the alcohol? If you like the taste of the drink in question and can't get it non-alcoholic, then I understand, but why else would you drink alcoholic beverages?

Exactly.

As soon as the alcohol is taking effect, you are drunk. People will say, I'm not drunk, I'm just tipsy or merry, but that's just drunk on a lower level. You don't have to be falling over and vomiting everywhere to be classed as drunk.

I only tend to have alcohol to help me feel comfortable in social situations but however I try to spin it, I'm after the effects I could never get with a non alcoholic drink. I never drink things I don't like, of course, but given I stick to vodka mixers or alcopops, I could just as easily find an non alcoholic drink that tastes pretty similar if it was really just a "taste" thing.

So what other reason is there unless, as Danny rightly points out, that you can't get the taste in any other form?

Agreed. I only over really drink alcohol with the intention of getting drunk. I like JD and Coke/Southern Comfort and Lemonade, but if I don't intend to get drunk, then just make it an Apple and Melon J20 please, bartender! :D

I don't know, I don't think I can get non-alcoholic versions of the drinks I drink, which is usually white wine, cider or a cherry beer. Sometimes things like Martini. Or cava, I love cava/sparkling wine.

But then again I don't drink to try and get drunk or more social or whatever, I drink it 'cause I like it. Like when Jim is here, we usually have a bottle of cider with dinner because we like the taste so much. =)

Alcohol turns things into win. This may eventually defrost into lose, but overall I see no other use in drinking it.