NEurope
flameboy

Drunken thread ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting thread to ask this, but yes 4K is the same as 3840x2160 aka 2160p

1920x1080*2 which creates a resolution four times the size of 1080p. Hence the 4K moniker.

I always ponder about useless things when im drunk.

But doesnt the K in 4K stand for kilo? Or 1000?

I thought they wanted to have a 4000 resolution, since 3840 is pretty close to 4000. But then, 1080p would be 1.9K, so 2K...

I always ponder about useless things when im drunk.

But doesnt the K in 4K stand for kilo? Or 1000?

I thought they wanted to have a 4000 resolution, since 3840 is pretty close to 4000. But then, 1080p would be 1.9K, so 2K...

Well that's the wonderous thing about colloquial knowledge and naming conventions. They don't make sense and do what they want.

Yes 4k refers to the approximate horizontal pixel count of 4000. In fact there is a different acceptable spec of 4K that is 4096x2160. There is also a 2K resolution spec that is 2048x1080 (half of 4K). Those are DCI specs though and consumer ranges differ obviously. Basically for no reason at all society flipped how they refer to resolution from vertical to horizontal. And with the switch we've also decided to be a bit less exact.

Resolutions are a funny thing. Go to some hardcore hardware forums and you'll find people that swear up and down that 1920x1200 is worlds better and gives so much more work space than 1920x1080. (16:10 vs 16:9). It's hilarious stuff.

A fun read if you care to ponder resolutions more. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Display_resolution

It's basically whatever sounds better and can be more easily marketed. 1080p has a better ring to it than 1920. Similarly 4k sounds better than 2160p. But yeah, the horizontal/vertical switching is confusing.

So u'i've drunk a load aof whisky and i'm drunk as shirt. My head feels really light and ui ieetl really dizzy. My mouth and throat deeels feeels like it's burning because i drunk a load of qjhiskty.

When I was in a game center store I heard a guy refer tp seribii.net and i felt really goosd sp fuck yo guys i have my own house fuck you awwwwww yeah.

I reallly should see Arthur alot more than I shhould hello Arthurs!!!!vWOOOOOO00000000!!!!

All of you cna die in a fire

get fucked

Martin Irving

Edited by martinist

I only just discovered this thread 5 minutes ago. The previous page alone is completely hilarious to someone like me who doesn't touch the stuff.

Thank you @Nolan. My Morning activities are sorted today.

EDIT: All done! So much utter twoddle!

Edited by Glen-i

I only just discovered this thread 5 minutes ago. The previous page alone is completely hilarious to someone like me who doesn't touch the stuff.

Thank you @Nolan. My Morning activities are sorted today.

EDIT: All done! So much utter twoddle!

We try. Or something like that.

I cry sometimes walking around my own place

Wondering why she cries sometimes

Talking about her own place

Somewhere around the mountains

No one could dry her fountain

Till she got tired to complain

That's when I fly to the wildland, to your land

copy and paste cuntd...woooo get fucked, drunk martins is drunk

I like my girls like my women like my women like moy girls

With icecream on their ass and my dick in their world...

get fucked

Martin Irving

Edited by martinist
getting crunk

I reallly should see Arthur alot more than I shhould hello Arthurs!!!!vWOOOOOO00000000!!!!

SP9Pu.gif

Going to a barbecue in a couple of minutes. I'm already a little tipsy.

Posting now to make it easier for me to find the thread tonight (if I remember to post in here by then).

• Like 2

Hi I'm dfrunk and i'd likde the inbternet tko know abhout how drubk I am is thids the right place to tekll the inbternet avbout how drubnk I am?

ok tghanks

• Like 3

3 hours ago, martinist said:

Hi I'm dfrunk and i'd likde the inbternet tko know abhout how drubk I am is thids the right place to tekll the inbternet avbout how drubnk I am?

ok tghanks

Me too!! This is infact the right placw to tell the internet your drunk! Im a half bottle into some qhite rum now. Playing Game of Thrones on PS4. Literally first telltale game ive played since like Sam and Max season 1. 

Frabkly outrageous given that i own walking dead and borderlansa was also on PS+. Basically i suck. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, drahkon said:

Well, I was too drunk to post here :D

I think I speak for all of us when I say we're all very disappointed in you.

• Like 2

As the resident alchohalic of this forum i recoment  i ytou liksten to some mindess Aself Indulgence it's some great stuff....also i'm drum and I woul like the internet to recognise that facvt Gleni can suxck a fat one sine he wins most of the ,amario kart machs Fuck you guy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, martinist said:

Gleni can suxck a fat one sine he wins most of the ,amario kart machs Fuck you guy

landscape-1465474157-what-the-hell-guys-

But I'm fourth!

What does it say about me that I'm chuffed I got mentioned in a drunken post? Now I feel like a proper N-Europer!

Edited by Glen-i
  • Like 2

Started to drink just now. Playing Awesomenauts on PC and listening to Muse. And singing along. My neighbours must hate me.

Might go to a club later, depending on how drunk I am. Would be the first time going to a club alone.

panic.gif

Why would I go alone? Because apparently all of my friends don't party anymore. Fuck me, I'm almost 28 and I want to party every weekend. All of my friends are at least 5 years younger...what's happening to this world? :(

I'm only just 28 this past month, and my friends are all older and still like to party. Maybe your friends are broken?

On 02/08/2017 at 1:04 AM, Nolan said:

I'm only just 28 this past month, and my friends are all older and still like to party. Maybe your friends are broken?

Would you and your friends please come to Germany? I need you :D

Literally NONE of my friends are interested in parties anymore, it seems. Asked 7 if they wanted to join me tomorrow (big party outside of a dorm). No one wants to come...most of them suggested that we stay at someone's place and just watch movies. Would be a good idea if we didn't do this every weekend anyway...

Looks like I'm going alone tomorrow and Saturday night. ::shrug:

On 8/3/2017 at 11:10 AM, drahkon said:

Would you and your friends please come to Germany? I need you :D

Literally NONE of my friends are interested in parties anymore, it seems. Asked 7 if they wanted to join me tomorrow (big party outside of a dorm). No one wants to come...most of them suggested that we stay at someone's place and just watch movies. Would be a good idea if we didn't do this every weekend anyway...

Looks like I'm going alone tomorrow and Saturday night. ::shrug:

One of them actually has been there before!

We aren't much for clubs though. I'm okay with bars though, not that I've ever gone alone. House parties though I always show up and get my drink on.

I do have my passport, I need to travel more. I've only used it once 3 years ago to go to Canada. 

8 hours ago, Nolan said:

We aren't much for clubs though. I'm okay with bars though, not that I've ever gone alone. House parties though I always show up and get my drink on.

I'd be happy if my friends would be up for anything that doesn't involve lazily lying around watching movies... :laughing:

Will probably drink tonight and go to a club. I'm in the mood for dancing and I don't mind going alone.

Alright peeps.

Getting my drink on. Gonna watch the German Supercup in an hour. Until then I'll play video games and drink. After the match I might go dancing, depending on how drunk I am.

Edit: Just realized this post reads like a facebook post. Sadly, I forgot to take a picture of dinner...would've loooooved to shared that here :p

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 1

I'm getting drunk. Slowly but surely.

Three posts in a row. Is this spam? Will I get banned?

• Like 2

Fair warning, I am also drinking. Prepare for insensible rambling around 1 or 2 am GMT

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, martinist said:

Fair warning, I am also drinking. Prepare for insensible rambling around 1 or 2 am GMT

Looking forward to reading it!

I'm drunk enough to go dancing alone. Sooooo I'll be on my way to a club. Always thought it would be weird to go alone. But fuck it. Just do whatever you feel like doing.

Edit: I donÄ't know

Edit: listening to Midge Ure's cover of "The Man Who Sold The World". MGSV: The Phantom Pain is aweseome. The whole series is great.#

Edit: SammiDoll is pretty.

Edit:  @Glen-i I hope you're burning in that openworld hell. You're great!

Edited by drahkon
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, drahkon said:

Edit:  @Glen-i I hope you're burning in that openworld hell. You're great!

And I've grown fond of you too.

• Like 2