NEurope
How much do you think?

My brain is often thinking, usually about stupid/ridiculous things. I very rarely have a break from the voices in my head discussing things with themselves.

I now probably sound insane.

I think at about a million miles an hour. Passively and actively, I switch on the fly. In fact I work better with distraction; it helps me concentrate. When I'm revising I try and get people to talk to me on MSN. I'd listen to music but it's not engaging enough and easy to ignore. When I'm at work, if I watch something while working I do so much more work.

I pretty much think on three levels; what's going on in front of me, what I want to think about and what's happening around me (spatially).

I also make sure I do take some time every day to just completely zone out. If I didn't I'd go insane.

I have so many passive thoughts just intruding into my head. Usually about my ex, or other things which it'd do me good NOT to think about. It's annoying.

I think a lot when trying to sleep.

This. I can't go to bed without radio or podcasts, to keep me away from thinking.

I've got quite a few white noise tracks on my iPod to help me sleep and study. I don't particularly think it's because I think too much (snigger) but more because I've always had some background noise in my room. It was usually either a fan or an air purifier, but when I moved out I left them behind.

I think a lot. And I mean A LOT. Constantly. Most of the time it's fine as I just think a lot of things through. It can be hard to fall asleep, but I just need a distraction like a TV show that is not too interesting and not too boring, either. My main issue arises from what is left of my autism as my thoughts have a tendency to fall into trenches and patterns - patterns that can be hard to break. They turn into something obsession-like, and they can drive me nuts as well as other things. At the moment my obsession with relationships and all that is destroying my self-confidence quite effectively. Again it helps doing other things and dragging my mind away from those thoughts. It especially helps getting out of the house as it helps my brain to stay in touch with reality and prevent my thoughts from going completely insane.

I think at about a million miles an hour. Passively and actively, I switch on the fly. In fact I work better with distraction; it helps me concentrate. When I'm revising I try and get people to talk to me on MSN. I'd listen to music but it's not engaging enough and easy to ignore. When I'm at work, if I watch something while working I do so much more work.

I pretty much think on three levels; what's going on in front of me, what I want to think about and what's happening around me (spatially).

I also make sure I do take some time every day to just completely zone out. If I didn't I'd go insane.

The best way to describe my thoughts is much the same as Daft's.

I can't write essays or do any work unless there is a lot going on, libraries are good if they are incredibly busy because it helps me to get on with things, music can be a bit more of a distraction but it has to be so loud for me to notice it and that's not good for my neighbours.

Do you like to think actively, or just prefer to lay back and enjoy the mental peace?

No such thing as "mental peace" in my head. And I love it. There's no way I'll ever do something which might destroy the havoc that consumes my mind.

Constantly analysing this or that.

I love analysing everything. I'd like to get into some kind of "recreational psychology" (I was into "recreational mathematics" for about 2 weeks) if there's anything like this.

It's amazing how you can "read" people and I often impress myself in doing so,

But I want more. I want to analyse more, therefore I want to get into the aforementioned "recreational psychology".

I've got a very observant nature, I can't switch my brain off at all. I notice EVERYTHING.

But I've got a very chilled personality so its all balanced.

I've got a very observant nature, I can't switch my brain off at all. I notice EVERYTHING.

But I've got a very chilled personality so its all balanced.

I'm pretty much the same, I notice things all my friends just miss, I remember details nobody can. Sometimes, because of how my mind works, I have to fake forgetting things so that my friends don't think I'm abnormal.

Overall, I'm a very active thinker, I also tend to over-analyse every single thing.

Most of my thoughts come passively. Sometimes even when confronted with problems or decisions I don't actively think about them but at some point my brain sorts it out and I arrive at a (often right) conclusion. I actually like to let my mind wander. Also I have a lot of good ideas on the toilet.

I think... a lot.

Particularly when upset or if something is bothering me. I will analyze every little thing I can think of. Over thinking it doesn't come close. And I just make myself feel worse to the point when I struggle to control whatever emotions the thinking may be stirring.

I'm sure I know one forum member who can attest to that but even then I was holding back a bit.

I actually find though, that I'm at my best when I don't think. If I sit and think, I go round in circles and never get very far. When I just go for it, I find things a lot easier. Pretty much every piece of academic work I've ever submitted was done in two or three sits and I just put my thoughts down on paper as they come to me. I don't think about it - it pops in there and I lead with it letting it flow from one to the next.

Can't say it always worked out for the best but most of the time, it worked fairly well.

I don't think very much, at least not in a very structured way. I tend to day dream a hell of a lot, which I think is probably the source of much of my oddness.

I like to think I'm pretty smart though, and that usually comes out when someone pisses me off =p.

I think I think a lot, if that makes any sense :p

It really depends, sometimes my mind could be over-flowing with information, but that doesn't happen very often.

Usually I'm thinking about just one thing and that becomes the center of my thoughts for usually quite a while, which eventually becomes obsessive.

Other times I have nothing going on up there when a real good song is stuck in my head and it just knocks all intelligent thoughts out of my head :p

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

eat the pudding

"Okay but then we gotta get to work"

Since the majority of my time is spent by myself, I have a lot of time to think so I think alot, none of it serious or to do with life, usually I develop new ideas for my book or think things up that even I don't want to know.

So I could be sitting here and my brain will suddenly go..."If your body was made entirely of custard..." and then it goes on from there.

I think that I think too much...

*thinks* 'yes I do think too much'

I know I think too much... :/

*thinks* 'I wish there was an 'Off' switch in my brain'

When I'm at work, I tend to be "in the zone" so I'm constantly thinking about where I'm standing, what I'm saying, what I need to say next, what's going on around me, and a load of other stuff. It keeps me on my toes. When I was working in a call-centre, I forced myself to forget the previous phone call, or at least put it into the back of my mind, so that I wouldn't be tired when the next one comes about.

At home, I tend to drift in between thinking a lot and thinking nothing. The moments when you can sit down and just listen to music, where you absorb the stuff without actually having to think, I like those. They're important.

I've found that I need to be thinking positive at the start of the day and at the end of the day, because otherwise I find it hard to sleep. Or, my day then tends to drag on longer, where you seem to be aware of every second that drags by. I don't like those ones. I like my days to "roll." There's a difference, at least to me anyway.

Does anyone else end up thinking about about 10 things simultaneously and then, when writing it, you suddenly merge them and end up with a short story about a person who went to town for some beans but then found that he has a Fatal Exception in PHP error; Memory Over Limit 1542353476323 (tried to allocate 15 bytes) on line 214 with a large sandwich?