NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

I liked MJ in the first movie but she just seemed to get progressively worse throughout the other two. I think they just seemed to mix MJ and Gwen together in the Raimi trilogy so we never really got the actual characters. MJ was a model and an actress but was never feisty or a party girl, just a bit dull like Gwen and when we finally got Gwen she ended up being a model anyway.

I do think its a shame about Gwen in the Raimi trilogy though because I thought Bryce Dallas Howard did a good job making the character likable despite the short time she was in it and I would have liked to have seen more from her.

Really? strange artificially created suit using peters dna, vs alien symbiote its always been the alien for me,

but in Rami's spider-man 3? they'd never even mentioned parkers parents in that trilogy, bringing in a suit his father and brock's created to cure cancer would have been a film on its own, can you imagine how crammed full the film would have been going down that route?

Not exactly as it is in the Ultimate one with all the backstory, just that the suit would have been much more easily added to the film through scientific origin/the 'cancer cure' thing - rather than an utterly stupid black blob that fell from the sky. Woulda taken like 3 minutes to explain it better and then that could've been that.

And the film being crammed is another issue.

I much prefer the more scientific explanations to things in the Ultimate Spider-Man universe. Leave the aliens to Superman.

Japanese Trailer ft. a few new scenes...

I can't remember what Sony's explanation was for The Lizards appearance... did they say a Lab Coat just wouldn't seem realistic?

... more unrealistic than a man lizard?

Anyway he didn't need a jacket, just pieces of material hanging off him as though he'd ripped through it/somewhat ripped it off... because without that distraction, the CGI model just looks bad.

How can you say that? You only see small parts of the whole figure, and even then it's only for a second or two at most. I mean come on, at least wait until the film is released to condemn the lizard.

Question:

If the backstory to this will deal with Peters parents... will SHIELD get a mention? And if so... how? Have Sony worked out some sort of a deal with Marvel/Disney?

I dont think any of us can really say until the movie is out but from the small amount of information we've been given so far it looks to me like his father was just a scientist working with Doc Connors, not a spy.

"You found my weakness!

It's small knives!"

Awesome.

"You found my weakness!

It's small knives!"

Awesome.

Yeah, thats a nice lol moment in the trailer.

Was it just me or did the small flash back of his childhood there seem to imply that his father was working on/experimenting with Spider DNA?

I'll be kinda annoyed if they try to make it out that him being bitten was somehow planned and not just a lucky fluke

Bleeding Cool seem to think that they could be changing his origin after what we saw in that trailer. Hopefully not but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I liked that trailer a lot. The movie looks good. However, I, as the above, am a bit worried that they make it seem that the spider bite was planned. That doesn't really fit with anything. I also thought that the trailer revealed a bit much of the story, or is that just me?

Definitely gonna watch it, though.

I'm not down with the blinky red light on the web shooter.

But I think I will enjoy it, it looks good.

Every trailer is really hitting us over the heads with his dark past and secrets to do with his father.

Do all you comic fans totally know what this is? Or is this something brand new?

Well depends which comic you're reading, but it's certainly not brand new

250px-Richard_and_Mary_Parker_UToSM-1.jpg

What are the rights regarding the use of SHIELD? Will they either not mention the name or come up with a different one?

I saw The Lizard in full in action figure form yesterday at Disney Store.

Hm. It might be appropriate/work well in the film though.

I just dont think thats going to be the big secret that theyre hinting at.

Care to tell us what that is? In spoiler tags obviously.