NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

Picture Of Fully Costumed Spider-Man On The Los Angeles Set Of The Reboot!

It's from a distance, and a little blurry, but here is Spider-Man (with his mask, and no belt!) running down the streets of LA where filming too place late last night...

On Location Vacations have posted the following image that was sent in to them from filming on Grand Ave, outside of the Museum of Contemporary Art, in Los Angeles last night. It's not clear whether this is Andrew Garfield or a stunt man, but you can see that Spider-Man doesnt have his belt (as many fans were hoping he would after its absence from the official picture that was released last week) and the costume seems to be considerable brighter in colour.

One of our readers, Alex, sent us this great picture of Spidey running across the street and through “New York” traffic for the scene. His friend was able to catch the shot from his nearby apartment around 11 p.m. last night!

spidermanr.jpg

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

It's a FUZZY far away shot of a very uninteresting shot, let's not judge too harshly. :p

Am a bit disappointed about the potential small eyes though. I wanted

ultimate-spiderman.jpg

He might be turning his head to the right (his) and hence we only see the back of the mask.

The problem with the big eyes is that, unfortunately, a lot of classic and great super hero design goes tits up when it's converted to real life materials and even just to 3D. Spider-Man's eyes don't work that way in the same way that his costume in the Rami movies was a bit thicker and textured than the spandex suggested by the comics.

No J. Jonah In Spiderman Reboot

The new Spider-Man movie has been filming for a few weeks now, and there's still been no word on who has been cast as Peter Parker's boss, Daily Bugle chief J. Jonah Jameson.

This prompted us to do a little digging and we found out from very reliable sources that it's because ... J. Jonah Jameson won't be in the movie. That's right, Spidey fans. We've confirmed that no one will be growling "Parker!" in this 3D reboot. So much for those rumors about John Slattery or Sam Elliott playing him.

That's not to say The Daily Bugle isn't in the movie, as these recent set photos of a Bugle delivery van make clear.

Source - IGN.com

EDIT - ALso

spiderman2g.jpg

spidermansz.jpg

spiderman6.jpg

spiderman5.jpg

and some video footage here - (I Cant check the quality as i'm in work, but the site is safe!)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=28269

Source - Comicbookmovie.com

Edited by Murr

Not big eyes. :( ????

yeah doesn't look like it as if they were that big you'd be able to see them even from afar.

Anyway watched the posted video as well...not alot to go on really.

Strange choice. Also, it almost looks like his "eyes" are just holes in the mask.
Yeah that's what I thought from the 'back of the truck' photo.

Which leads me to think this is either a stunt double outfit, or it's his very first attempt at a costume/a wrestling costume.

Edited by Retro_Link

No JJJ? Preposterous.

Interesting reaction. I'd hardly call him an integral or rather crucial character. In fact as he's such a hugely comically orientated character, maybe they're shying away from that a bit.

Hmm yeah...wonder what he's going to be replaced with/if he is.

He was the best thing about the Raimi Spidey films. Him and Betty Brant.

*BZZ*

"Ms.Brant, get me a violin."

Edited by Paj!

I'm sorry but he isn't integral. He is there for comic relief. I'll be happy if Daily Bugle has very little focus in the film, if at all..

But Spider-Man and JJJ are inseparable. if this is 'early years' as we suspect, then they should have JJJ lambasting his good name and running smear campaigns. They come up together.

But Spider-Man and JJJ are inseparable. if this is 'early years' as we suspect, then they should have JJJ lambasting his good name and running smear campaigns. They come up together.

I couldn't disagree more with what you've posted in this post. Specifically you can only fit so much in a two hour movie, and they've decided there are more important characters to give screen time if this is true.

I'll touch upon it tomorrow, going to bed naw.

JJJ is entertaining and all, but I'm more upset about the reported lack of Mary Jane.

Ah, maybe they'll surprise me and make me love Gwen Stacy.

And then they'll probably end up killing her off.

JJJ is 100x more important to Spidey as a character/concept/symbol than Mary Jane OR Gwen Stacy.

But Spider-Man and JJJ are inseparable.

How so? Yes, Spider-Man has always been about his struggle of being a hero and JJJ doesn't exactly make it easy, but he's just a sprinkle of annoyance that he gives to Spidey.

I just don't see how he is so important to a fourth (reboot) movie. We've had three with him in, the casting was perfect. Maybe the idea was "Well we can't beat that casting, lets just not have him" and then go a different route with character selection.

And we know he's still in school so maybe he doesn't even get a job at the Bugle yet.