NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

I think he was complaining about the design not the purpose darling.

tumblr_le7ns5pYpO1qcqw6d.jpg

At least he's not wearing a cape.

No! No! No! It's DAHLING! :p

I love her.

To make this post have an inkling of relevance, I think the bracelet is suitable so I'm a fan.

I always preferred the organic web shooter idea as well. "You get all the powers of a spider! Wall crawling ability, super strength, incredible balance ... what, web? Who knows a spider for it's web, anyway? You're gonna have to figure that one out yourself, buddy."

I always preferred the organic web shooter idea as well. "You get all the powers of a spider! Wall crawling ability, super strength, incredible balance ... what, web? Who knows a spider for it's web, anyway? You're gonna have to figure that one out yourself, buddy."

"Spider sense, because apparently spiders can sense danger, hence why they're nearly impossible to squash."

Of course, the spider sense only works when the plot calls for it anyway.

"Spider sense, because apparently spiders can sense danger, hence why they're nearly impossible to squash."

Of course, the spider sense only works when the plot calls for it anyway.

I never had a problem with the spider sense. Spiders do have fine-tuned senses that help them sense prey caught in their webs, for example.

But surely that's because they can feel when their web is moving? Which isn't really anything like Spider-Man's spider sense, which can somehow analyze if something is a threat to him and warn him.

But to be fair, I don't recall if the movies ever really addressed his spider sense, nor if Ultimate Spider-Man did either. If they didn't, I think that's a much better way to go about it. Have Spider-Man get out of harm's way because he has fast reflexes or something, instead of trying to create some sort of power that doesn't really fit the spider theme anyway, and which only works when the plot calls for it.

Mostly I'm just bitter because most of my contact with Spider-Man these days comes from occasionally checking out the newspaper strip, in which his spider sense will warn him one day, only for him to get knocked unconscious by a man without super powers (or a brick) the next.

To sum up, I hope they don't mention his spider sense in the new movie.

Spider sense makes total sense. Spiders are always tense. Have you ever seen one reclined and chilled like a cat?

Never.

But surely that's because they can feel when their web is moving? Which isn't really anything like Spider-Man's spider sense, which can somehow analyze if something is a threat to him and warn him.

I know, I was just trying to give a "plausible" explanation.

Spider sense makes total sense. Spiders are always tense.

Spider sense makes total sense:

Helps him fight with great defense.

Web shooters? That's common sense.

Web-swinging adds much suspense.

Sex with model - so intense!

Saved his aunt at great expense.

Edited by Magnus

But to be fair, I don't recall if the movies ever really addressed his spider sense

I thought in the films it was a kind of a mixture of finely tuned hearing and ultra-fast reactions.

I want this Spider-Man to inherit another spider ability: one that make cats instantly attack him. One of my cats even hates the taste of spiders but can't resist: she chases it, grabs it in her mouth (with a look of disgust on her face), spits it out, it tries running away and she chews on it again. It takes around two minutes for the spider to die.

I think I recall that in the film version the spider is a mix of several species- one of which just has mental fast reactions 'bordering on precognition'.

Which, clearly, makes no god damn sense. Because Spider-Man totally should.

Just showed my dad the new image of Andrew Garfield in the Spidey suit:

"HE'S TATTOOED HIMSELF?!"

(Bagsy I can imagine his dad saying it more than anyone else can imagine his dad saying it)

<3

I think you mis-read that. He just has an epiphany because of the mindset he's in when he's jumping around with his powers.

Are you sure? I cba to go back and check but I thought Magnus was right on that one. He's stared at this compound his Dad worked on every day and never been able to figure it out. Now that he's got Spider powers, he can finally see the missing link. There's some logic behind it, as humans have never been able to recreate the tensile strength of spider-web.

Slight aside: Last year at a con, Stan Lee said the main reason he gave Spider-man mechanical web-shooters is that it gives the hero a vulnerability, he can suddenly run out of web fluid when he needs it the most.

Are you sure? I cba to go back and check but I thought Magnus was right on that one. He's stared at this compound his Dad worked on every day and never been able to figure it out. Now that he's got Spider powers, he can finally see the missing link. There's some logic behind it, as humans have never been able to recreate the tensile strength of spider-web.

Slight aside: Last year at a con, Stan Lee said the main reason he gave Spider-man mechanical web-shooters is that it gives the hero a vulnerability, he can suddenly run out of web fluid when he needs it the most.

Just checked- I win!

as humans have never been able to recreate the tensile strength of spider-web.

What about carbon nanotube fibres?

Just checked- I win!

Just because he figured it out while jumping around as Spider-man doesn't prove that it was a sudden epiphany unrelated to his powers. In fact it suggests the opposite to me!

What about carbon nanotube fibres?
OK, tensile strength was just the first thing that popped into my head but Spider web has other impressive properties like it's ductility.

...why are we discussing this?

Edited by Shorty

Just because he figured it out while jumping around as Spider-man doesn't prove that it was a sudden epiphany unrelated to his powers. In fact it suggests the opposite to me!

I think you could read it a number of ways. Personally I read it as him jumping around as Spider-Man he was more free and clear minded etc. One of the things in a lot of Spider-man stories is him going for a swing or just out in the costume to work stuff out.

Long known fact, every hero needs a vulnerability, that's why they created Kryptonite.