NEurope
Retro_Link

The Amazing Spider-Man

WHICH IS THE PICTURE AND WHICH IS THE COVER AAAAHH I AM SO CONFUSED.

The costume looks fine, I guess. I really don't have much of an opinion on it, and I know I'll most likely end up watching this movie either way, so...

I wish they'd shown the mask. I'm curious as to how they're going to do the eyes.

I REALLY hope Sally Field is Aunt May. She's so appropriate.

My favourite woman.

I wish they'd shown the mask. I'm curious as to how they're going to do the eyes.

I wish they'd explained how the eyes work in the first films. Seriously, how do they work?!

I REALLY hope Sally Field is Aunt May. She's so appropriate.

My favourite woman.

Its confirmed yo.

760374-sm06_super.jpg

SensationalSpider-Man47.png

SensationalSpider-Man34.gif

1-13.jpg

ScarletLong.gif

I feel like I've just seen some form of interpretive dance.

Don't know if this was noticed or mentioned by anyone...

Spider-Man Has Web Shooters?

Thanks to the folks over at COLLIDER, we now have a far better view of what many of us thought were web shooters on the wrists of the first image of Andrew Garfield in the upcoming Spider-Man.

Spider-man_webshooters.jpg

Looking at the photo below it sure seems pretty clear that Spidey will be sporting his patented mechanical web shooters in the upcoming Marc Webb directed Spider Man film. While many in the past have complained about Raimi's "organic" web shooters, many have already expressed their disdain for the original version saying that it's not very believable that a teenager could concoct them in his basement.

What do you think?

22018L.jpg

How can anyone like those flashy bracelets?

Because they're his web shooters, which would make more sense being outside his costume anyway (as they're always depicted as being fairly bulky, but somehow never seen through the fabric), AND Ben Reilly (who is the guy in both those costumes with the "flashy bracelets") upgraded them/had special ones that had impact webbing and stingers. Things you would actually have if you were fighting evil maniacs every day.

vitamins.jpg

Make it the same colour as the costume and it wouldn't look as bad. Being large and silver is my main problem with it.

And the "vitamins" coming out of the bracelet are bigger than the bracelet bit itself.

It never made any sense to me that the spider bite gave Peter the power to create mechanical web shooters, so I actually liked the organic web shooters in the other movies.

Oh well.

Its confirmed yo.

I didn't know this. That's actually kind of exciting. I always preferred the Ultimate version of Aunt May over the perpetually dying regular one.

It never made any sense to me that the spider bite gave Peter the power to create mechanical web shooters

Being a genius level science student gave him the know how to create them.

Nothing to do with the spider bite.

Yeah, having it completely unrelated to the spider bite doesn't really make it any better.

So a radioactive spider bites a kid in high school, and then he thinks, "you know what? I'm going to create this web-like substance that no one else has ever thought to create and it's going to be SUPER AWESOME and I'm going to put it in a machine that I'll put around my wrist so I can shoot it all over the place! This'll go perfect with the super powers that I also have now! Well, I'm off to work on my PhD now!"

I guess I just prefer the more grounded Ultimate Spider-Man. :blank:

The whole idea behind his science skill is that he's a genius. Not smart,but an actual genius, potentially wasting his potential as Spider-Man. He should have gone on to found bio-tech think tanks or something but as it is, Peter parker can barely hold down a part time job.

I always liked that in Ultimate spider-man, Ben tells him the power and resposibility line in relation to doing his homework because he can, and should, use his inteligence to help the world. it just doesn't end that way.

He still "invents" it in Ultimate Spider-Man, only it's SLIGHTLY more realistic in that it was actually an old project of his father's.

Web Shooters > Organic. We're dealing with Superheroes, let's not be nitpicky.

Well I'll be one of the first to say that from that picture I'm not liking the costume. But I'll wait to see a full outfit/it in a trailer. Not liking the shiny and rubbery quality.

If anyone here has ever done a manual job where you're given those orange gloves that look like they've been covered in strands of glue... well that'll be what this looks like... only on PVC?!

Yeah, having it completely unrelated to the spider bite doesn't really make it any better.

So a radioactive spider bites a kid in high school, and then he thinks, "you know what? I'm going to create this web-like substance that no one else has ever thought to create and it's going to be SUPER AWESOME and I'm going to put it in a machine that I'll put around my wrist so I can shoot it all over the place! This'll go perfect with the super powers that I also have now! Well, I'm off to work on my PhD now!"

I don'y know, I've only read my dads old comics, so mainly from the 80's, not read anything Ultimate, but never had a problem with the original story. Peter Parker is a genius close to the level of Bruce Banner and Reed Richards in the comics I've read, so makes sense to me.

He still "invents" it in Ultimate Spider-Man, only it's SLIGHTLY more realistic in that it was actually an old project of his father's.

I know, but I still found that better than the original explanation. Like having spider powers made him understand what was wrong with the chemical compound, or whatever the explanation was in Ultimate Spider-Man. I still prefer organic web shooters, but at least it made a bit more sense.

Regarding 'grounded', I was mostly referring to intelligence. Ultimate Spider-Man feels a lot more realistic in that regard. I don't think a lot of teenagers would be able to create something like the web fluid from scratch, genius or no.

Never mind the fact that the supposedly genius Amazing Spider-Man is the same person who made a deal with the Devil and who spends most of his time in the newspaper strip yelling at the television and getting hit in the head with bricks. :indeed:

Yeah, I've never been a fan of uber-intelligent Peter Parker. It's very rarely mentioned/implied, unless suddenly a magical deus ex machina compound/chemical needs to be made i nthe nick of time. Not a fan.

I know, but I still found that better than the original explanation. Like having spider powers made him understand what was wrong with the chemical compound, or whatever the explanation was in Ultimate Spider-Man. I still prefer organic web shooters, but at least it made a bit more sense.

I think you mis-read that. He just has an epiphany because of the mindset he's in when he's jumping around with his powers.

It's more a matter of not remembering because it's been years since I read it. I just remembered that the explanation was better than 'boy genius creates genius thing'.

Actually that epiphany thing doesn't sound so great, either. I'll have to reread it, I guess. :p

How can anyone like those flashy bracelets?

Because they're his web shooters, which would make more sense being outside his costume anyway (as they're always depicted as being fairly bulky, but somehow never seen through the fabric), AND Ben Reilly (who is the guy in both those costumes with the "flashy bracelets") upgraded them/had special ones that had impact webbing and stingers. Things you would actually have if you were fighting evil maniacs every day.

I think he was complaining about the design not the purpose darling.

tumblr_le7ns5pYpO1qcqw6d.jpg